hoobastank - best band of the 2000s?

bathory

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

I'm not knocking a talented band

Just not for me. And in the UK, they aren't as popular as you seem to think they are lol

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

Just not for me. And in the UK, they aren't as popular as you seem to think they are lol

Well I know they aren't that popular over here, which leads me to believe they must be more popular elsewhere from what I read online about them. Perhaps not in the UK...what about continental Europe then?

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

Well I know they aren't that popular over here, which leads me to believe they must be more popular elsewhere from what I read online about them. Perhaps not in the UK...what about continental Europe then?

Muse is what I would call quietly popular. They've had enough hits to earn some gold and platinum albums but they don't get a lot of mainstream press. They're like Rush where they have a sizable, dedicated following but don't get the same hype as a lot of their peers do.

• Like 2

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

Muse is what I would call quietly popular. They've had enough hits to earn some gold and platinum albums but they don't get a lot of mainstream press. They're like Rush where they have a sizable, dedicated following but don't get the same hype as a lot of their peers do.

That seems about right. I just wonder if rock were still as commercially viable as it was in the 90s if they'd be more of a household name over here.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

They have a big fanbase, but otherwise these days they are not regarded highly. After Black Holes, the press and the public at large got less and less interested.

I don't blame them, honestly.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

They have a big fanbase, but otherwise these days they are not regarded highly. After Black Holes, the press and the public at large got less and less interested.

But why would the press get less interested as their hits and live shows got bigger and bigger? Uprising and Madness are still the biggest hits of their career to my knowledge, and they both came out following BH&R.

I've liked some songs, but I haven't been a regular, and daily listener of them. In, of, and since the 2000's, I wouldn't say they are the best band, and group.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

But why would the press get less interested as their hits and live shows got bigger and bigger? Uprising and Madness are still the biggest hits of their career to my knowledge, and they both came out following BH&R.

Why would you ask someone who doesn't think they are any good?

And those singles were popular at first but had no staying power.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

You're right about that. Madness is the first song that I recall hearing from them and that was almost ten years ago. That's the only hit that I think had any staying power. Everything else probably got played good for a month or two then faded away from the radio. A while back I ran through some of their "hits" on YouTube and Madness was the only one I recognized.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

You're right about that. Madness is the first song that I recall hearing from them and that was almost ten years ago. That's the only hit that I think had any staying power. Everything else probably got played good for a month or two then faded away from the radio. A while back I ran through some of their "hits" on YouTube and Madness was the only one I recognized.

Idk what you mean by no staying power. I still hear The Resistance and Uprising on the radio sometimes, and Madness lasted on the radio probably right through the Drones cycle. But then we're in completely different radio markets and I'm a super-fan, so I'm probably a lot more likely to catch them on the radio anyway.

And for Segue, I guess I'm not asking you so much as I'm just asking in general. I feel like they have all the makings of a very popular rock band and yet they're not that popular.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

Idk what you mean by no staying power. I still hear The Resistance and Uprising on the radio sometimes, and Madness lasted on the radio probably right through the Drones cycle. But then we're in completely different radio markets and I'm a super-fan, so I'm probably a lot more likely to catch them on the radio anyway.

And for Segue, I guess I'm not asking you so much as I'm just asking in general. I feel like they have all the makings of a very popular rock band and yet they're not that popular.

They have a fanbase, but they have been seen as floundering for a long time now.

The last two albums were so poorly recieved they didn't even become a laughing stock. The general consensus here is just "meh" and I don't know any enthusiastic fans, just people like me who thought they were good at one time.

Their live concerts sell, but they are like Green Day: the old fans will show up whatever.

When I saw Muse live, I remember there being a lot more fans at the start of the concert than at the end. All style, no substance. I remember standing by some older guys who spent a lot of their time with their eyes rolling.

Honest to god one of the biggest wastes of my time and money ever spent.

Edited by Segue Myles

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

They have a fanbase, but they have been seen as floundering for a long time now.

The last two albums were so poorly recieved they didn't even become a laughing stock. The general consensus here is just "meh" and I don't know any enthusiastic fans, just people like me who thought they were good at one time.

Their live concerts sell, but they are like Green Day: the old fans will show up whatever.

When I saw Muse live, I remember there being a lot more fans at the start of the concert than at the end. All style, no substance. I remember standing by some older guys who spent a lot of their time with their eyes rolling.

Well you do know one enthusiastic fan. :) And had I been at that concert I would've been losing my voice screaming and singing through the whole show and spectacle.

I don't know about the last two getting a resounding meh. I'm over on the forums on Muse's website sometimes and people there had very strong opinions about Drones when it came out. Simulation Theory was less divisive, with some clear favorites for many people in Break It To Me and The Dark Side, as well as the opener and closer. I agree the general hype around them seems to dwindle with each passing year, but I think the super fans like me are still out there just waiting for the next show or album release. The box set they did last year for their first two albums seemed to do very well and win over a lot of fans who miss the old Muse.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

Well you do know one enthusiastic fan. :) And had I been at that concert I would've been losing my voice screaming and singing through the whole show and spectacle.

I don't know about the last two getting a resounding meh. I'm over on the forums on Muse's website sometimes and people there had very strong opinions about Drones when it came out. Simulation Theory was less divisive, with some clear favorites for many people in Break It To Me and The Dark Side, as well as the opener and closer. I agree the general hype around them seems to dwindle with each passing year, but I think the super fans like me are still out there just waiting for the next show or album release. The box set they did last year for their first two albums seemed to do very well and win over a lot of fans who miss the old Muse.

I'm talking about the UK outside the fanbase.

Black Holes, they became a treasure, I thought they would end up like Coldplay or U2 and last forever in the public consciousness.

The opposite happened. They haven't had the staying power Biffy have had over here.

That would be Muse.

Okay Segue, I'm waiting.

I'm talking about the UK outside the fanbase.

Black Holes, they became a treasure, I thought they would end up like Coldplay or U2 and last forever in the public consciousness.

The opposite happened. They haven't had the staying power Biffy have had over here.

Ah I see. Yeah that sounds like the same story as the US.