Multitracking and the Making of "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Rutlefan

Really love this track, rocking driving underlay, with trippiness :smoke: . Revolver is probably my fav Beatles album. It's that transitional time, from great melodies to psychedelia for me. Loads of great songs on there.

Stumbled across this, so cool. I grew up with an anti-Beatles bias until in college I heard Tomorrow Never Knows from Revolver, and then the proverbial light bulb went off!

It's a blocked vid, where I am. Is there another source?

Where I live, the video isn't blocked. From the Beatles, all of their music is, and has been fantastic. If it wasn't for them, who were if not the first band, and group to have rock and roll around in the music business, then there wouldn't be other bands, groups, and artists to follow suit. Edited by Derek19

Really love this track, rocking driving underlay, with trippiness :smoke: . Revolver is probably my fav Beatles album. It's that transitional time, from great melodies to psychedelia for me. Loads of great songs on there.

Revolver is definitely my favorite Beatles album. Some of it isn't my favorite style -- Here, There..., Got to Get You..., etc -- but regardless of whether I'm into the style of a song I can recognize that they were just executing perfection, whatever they were attempting. It's the sweet spot between the pop efficiency of their early stuff and the psychedelic complexity of the later period, the transitional time, as you said.

When I first heard that the mix was an actual live performance I was impressed and, somewhat, blown away. The song was a truly collaborated effort between the band, producer and engineer.

That amazed me as well; I'd have never guessed.