"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

On 5/16/2022 at 2:57 PM, dream & vapour said:

If ytserush is referring to the King Biscuit Flower Hour which aired in the autumn of 1981, this would be the same performance as that on Exit... Stage Left.  There was also a King Biscuit featuring Rush on the Grace Under Pressure tour (recorded in Toronto; same as the Grace Under Pressure Tour video, featuring Count Floyd!), but they did not perform Limelight during that concert.

There was a Rush/King Biscuit Flower Hour which aired in 1995, which did include Limelight, but this was a program which borrowed from both the previous Exit... Stage Left and Grace Under Pressure programs (i.e., this was Limelight from Exit... Stage Left).

Yes. That's that one. Same performance but maybe mixed a bit differently.

On 5/16/2022 at 3:50 PM, Tim Sawyer said:

It's on the 1999 King Biscuit "Best of the Best" compilation shown here:  

Best Of The Best (Welcome To The King Biscuit Flower Hour) (1999, CD) - Discogs.

It seems to be the version on the ESL video, but I haven't heard it so can't comment on whether it is the same or how the sound quality compares with the video version...

I have that version, but I've not compared them.  Same performance and it's been among the most bootlegged shows as well .

On 5/17/2022 at 10:50 PM, currygoat11 said:

this has the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio recording,  this is the one right?  It's from '84 but they play Limelight from '81

https://rushradio.net/mob_kbfh.php

Yes.

When it was originally broadcast in 1986, it was the entire audio from the Grace Under Pressure Video. Then for some reason, subsequent rebroadcasts mashed parts of the Exit... and Grace videos together.

• Like 1

I'm periodically receiving e-mails just confirming that my ticket is still open and they're working to resolve my problem, but a lot of things are backed up so it's taking a long time.

I do sorta feel it shouldn't take this long to replace a single vinyl LP, or at least to figure out if I'm required to send the whole box back so they can send me a correct one, but hey, the person who's been writing to me about it has been very nice and forthcoming, and she told me I should go ahead and enjoy what's in the box anyway, so at least I don't have to worry about having to return everything in perfect condition if I do have to send it all back.

But uh, I really do wish they'd get it figured out, since I've had it over a month and I still haven't been able to play the whole live album on vinyl yet.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat Entre. My Red Barchetta arrived broken. The metal picks got loose in shipment and beat the crap out of the car. I receive an email almost daily explaining they haven't heard from Universal on how to proceed.

• Like 1

Just listening to YYZ from the 40th and thinking how this should have been Exit.. Stage Left. A nice triple album set with perhaps a slimmed down double album alternative for the budget conscious people like myself. Anyway have been playing this a lot and loving it.  

Using the limitations of vinyl and in keeping with the idea of no material repeated from ATWAS, I think my imaginary double album version would look something like this

Side 1

The Spirit of Radio

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Side 2

Closer to the Heart

Beneath Between and Behind

Limelight

Natural Science

Side 3

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Xanadu

Side 4

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

Edited by taurus

2 hours ago, taurus said:

Just listening to YYZ from the 40th and thinking how this should have been Exit.. Stage Left. A nice triple album set with perhaps a slimmed down double album alternative for the budget conscious people like myself. Anyway have been playing this a lot and loving it.  

Using the limitations of vinyl and in keeping with the idea of no material repeated from ATWAS, I think my imaginary double album version would look something like this

Side 1

The Spirit of Radio

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Side 2

Closer to the Heart

Beneath Between and Behind

Limelight

Natural Science

Side 3

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Xanadu

Side 4

Freewill

Tom Sawyer

La Villa Strangiato

Pretty much how ESL turned out anyway. 

Only issue for me is that Jacob's Ladder is my favourite off that album.

I guess I'd need to shell out for the box set version :biggrin:

On 5/27/2022 at 11:01 AM, hgwy407 said:

I'm in the same boat Entre. My Red Barchetta arrived broken. The metal picks got loose in shipment and beat the crap out of the car. I receive an email almost daily explaining they haven't heard from Universal on how to proceed.

Yikes! 

Let's hope that gets resolved soon. Odd, the whole assembly of the package is really tight and the foam with all its spaces for each piece looked perfectly designed. 

How the heck do hundreds (?) of packages get sent out without quality control? Thinking harder (ugh) I think the guitar picks were mixed up or out of sorts in my pack, so, is it all hand assembled? 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 11:01 AM, hgwy407 said:

Man that sucks more than my missing lp! :(

31 minutes ago, Bahamas said:

Yikes! 

Let's hope that gets resolved soon. Odd, the whole assembly of the package is really tight and the foam with all its spaces for each piece looked perfectly designed. 

How the heck do hundreds (?) of packages get sent out without quality control? Thinking harder (ugh) I think the guitar picks were mixed up or out of sorts in my pack, so, is it all hand assembled? 

The metal picks should’ve been fastened down somehow. Mine didn’t damage anything, but they did fall out of their spot instantly when I first opened the package and I had to search around for them.

• Like 1

UM provided an update this week. They explained replacement items are being manufactured and a follow-up email will be coming regarding replacement. In spite of the mishap, I appreciate the communication from UM.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, hgwy407 said:

UM provided an update this week. They explained replacement items are being manufactured and a follow-up email will be coming regarding replacement. In spite of the mishap, I appreciate the communication from UM.

It's the right thing to do.

Man, the performance on the live discs is FIRE!  I had the chance to properly listen last night - my wife out of town, volume pretty close to the original concert volume (I'm sure my neighbors would attest.)  Liquid refreshments.

So cool to pick out the variations from ESL, little details, and of course, the whole set-list:

* hearing Neil's voice on Hemispheres Prelude (a little "hey" during a stop; I suspect this is Neil), the count-in on "The Trees" (4,5,6... def Neil)

* Neil seemed to be pushing the tempos more than on the ESL recording.  I'd have to tap them out to compare, but all the songs tempos were pushing slightly quicker than ESL.

* I believe Neil drops a stick later in "The Trees" (just a bit before the temple blocks part, if I recall); he pulled off a drummer trick that I know well - one-handed covering some crashes while you grab another stick

* Drum solo was very interesting to me (as I've dissected the ESL version as long as I've been a drummer), Neil skipped most of the deep gong bass drum pattern that he does on ESL. Otherwise most of the same sections are there - though, he was a little cleaner on ESL.  Not sure those are things that could have been "fixed" in ESL editing; seems he was just a little more "on"  and precise for that solo - but the Toronto solo seems more raw & energetic

* Ged's comment on "Red Barchetta" - sounded like he said "a story that took place in Rochester" (?)  I wonder what the back story is there??  LOL

* The Camera Eye - Immaculate

* Natural Science - Immaculate

* Love Broon's mix - far superior 

* La Villa - Superior to ESL?  maybe, though they dropped Ged's little vocal improv (if he did one in TO?)

Overall, what a treat!

• Like 3

Still waiting on my replacement LP. On one hand, the person from the Rush Backstage club who’s been e-mailing me about the status of my issue has been very nice and transparent with information and updates. On the other hand, this is taking quite a long time.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Still waiting on my replacement LP. On one hand, the person from the Rush Backstage club who’s been e-mailing me about the status of my issue has been very nice and transparent with information and updates. On the other hand, this is taking quite a long time.

Update:

I AM STILL WAITING

And my contact at Rush Backstage Club hasn't sent me an update in over a month. On the bright side, the last update she sent me was that I wouldn't have to send back my package and that the issue was with the supplier being really slow. So I don't blame RBSC. On the other hand, I STILL haven't listened to the full concert yet, because my concerns about possibly needing to send it back made me put the whole boxset in my closet, and it's rarely left since then. I am well and truly done being patient. If it takes much longer, I'm just going to buy my own replacement LP.

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Update:

I AM STILL WAITING

And my contact at Rush Backstage Club hasn't sent me an update in over a month. On the bright side, the last update she sent me was that I wouldn't have to send back my package and that the issue was with the supplier being really slow. So I don't blame RBSC. On the other hand, I STILL haven't listened to the full concert yet, because my concerns about possibly needing to send it back made me put the whole boxset in my closet, and it's rarely left since then. I am well and truly done being patient. If it takes much longer, I'm just going to buy my own replacement LP.

Did you use a credit card? Not sure how long it has been since you purchased, but usually within the next few months you can file a credit card dispute and ask your card to reverse the charge. Even if you don't do it, sometimes if you tell who you are dealing with that you are considering a chargeback,, they will expedite the handling of your complaint. Good luck with them!

12 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Did you use a credit card? Not sure how long it has been since you purchased, but usually within the next few months you can file a credit card dispute and ask your card to reverse the charge. Even if you don't do it, sometimes if you tell who you are dealing with that you are considering a chargeback,, they will expedite the handling of your complaint. Good luck with them!

Have you got a copy yet Becky??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I used a debit card iirc. I might look into that!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Have you got a copy yet Becky??

I haven't,  I've been kind of bad about that.  I have the original one on vinyl in really sweet condition so usually I'm good but I do want the bonus concert!  So probably will order after I get some birthday money :biggrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I haven't,  I've been kind of bad about that.  I have the original one on vinyl in really sweet condition so usually I'm good but I do want the bonus concert!  So probably will order after I get some birthday money :biggrin:

Will you get the vinyl or the CD? I've still got my original vinyls but I usually just listen to CDs these days, and for over 30 years. So I just got the CD package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

Will you get the vinyl or the CD? I've still got my original vinyls but I usually just listen to CDs these days, and for over 30 years. So I just got the CD package.

I will probably get the vinyl, but I listen to more music in the kitchen so I have to figure out a way to get speakers or my turntable I there I think!  I have a lot of cds though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueschica said:

I will probably get the vinyl, but I listen to more music in the kitchen so I have to figure out a way to get speakers or my turntable I there I think!  I have a lot of cds though.

So you can sing along to Witch Hunt while you're doing the washing!

"The sheets are black but they're supposed to be maroon, the quilt is filthy too!"  :joker:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Update:

I AM STILL WAITING

That's nuts. Replacement LP might be just as bad. You should see if you can get your money back because they are being unresponsive.

1 hour ago, ytserush said:

That's nuts. Replacement LP might be just as bad. You should see if you can get your money back because they are being unresponsive.

I mean the issue isn’t that any of the LP’s I received are damaged or bad pressings or what have you. I just received two copies of one of the LPs and no copies of the last one. A simple mistake I can’t imagine is common enough to repeat on me. 

• Like 1