"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

I concur that Vital Signs from "Live In YYZ" is undoubtedly from March 24. I played a few seconds of the official track, then played the same few seconds of the audience recording, and go back and forth through the whole song paying close attention to the way Geddy sings for the most part, as the vocals are the easiest way to identify. Also paying attention to any standout instrumental bits that could be unique. I'd used this technique to determine the dates of the PeW 40th and some other official recordings in the past.

My most likely theory here is that they simply labeled the wrong date, the entire show is likely March 24 and not March 25. If this is surprising, remember that the Hemispheres 40th Anniversary's version of 2112 was labeled as being the Tuscon '78 version, but it was actually the Offenbach Stadthalle '79 version. The other possible scenario, they mix-matched several songs from the three nights in Toronto '81, but the fact they actually gave us the March 25th date, not just "Live in YYZ", leads me to believe it was meant to be from all one performance. The PeW 40th didn't give us dates, rather just the cities, which all happened to be locations they marathoned consecutive nights at, so comparing to old audience recordings were the only way I was able to denote the exact dates.

Interestingly, the March 25 audience recording was unblocked on YouTube a few days ago, after having been blocked a couple weeks before the MP 40th reveal. Now the March 24 recording has been blocked as of a few days ago. So I'm going to guess whoever issued the copyright claim realized the date error, and probably the entire "Live In YYZ" is March 24.

This kind of stuff may be trivial to some people, but I'm a stickler for historical details and accuracy. I find it interesting that they got the date wrong on an official release yet again.

Speaking of that, what's this talk about ESL being recorded in Toronto? I know the ESL footage was from Montreal March 27, but the LP is stated to be from Montreal March 27 as well (not counting Side 2), albeit a completely different mastering and much studio tampering. Were they already labeling dates incorrectly this far back? I'll have to look into this some more. If true, that old saying goes, you learn something new every day.

Great avatar!! :)

Curious about people's thoughts on the Atmos mix, I checked it out on Apple Music through a good pair of headphones and the drums sounded like garbage. idk if something weird is going on in my system with the spatial conversion, but it made me very sad lol

I'm not sure

Seems like it's being delayed for a couple of weeks, until the 29th.

I'm not sure if it has been delayed but I received a tracking number for my Deluxe set yesterday.

• Like 1

I'm not sure

I'm not sure if it has been delayed but I received a tracking number for my Deluxe set yesterday.

Well the 3 CD edition has been delayed for sure.

• Like 1

Amazon indicates the 3 disc set is scheduled for April 15th. Did something change? I thought that was the original release date? I’m not trying to be argumentative, so please forgive me if I am coming off that way. I’m just curious.

Amazon indicates the 3 disc set is scheduled for April 15th. Did something change? I thought that was the original release date? I’m not trying to be argumentative, so please forgive me if I am coming off that way. I’m just curious.

All I know is the place I ordered from is saying April 29th, check it out:

https://store.hmv.com/search?searchtext=rush+moving+pictures

https://store.hmv.co...moving pictures

might just be hmv

• Like 1

might just be hmv

Yeah well whatever.

might just be hmv

Here's another one:

https://townsendmusic.store/product/93303

Meanwhile amazon has nothing, just out of stock.

Maybe it's just the UK?

Your order is on its way!

That is the email I got yesterday. Today there was no movement, but just knowing it's on its way is super exciting!!!

:dweez: :moon: :D-13: :martini: :codger: - seriously trying to use as many characters as possible, just because I am that happy! :kisshug: :heart: :bacon:

• Like 3

I'm not sure

I got a notification today that my 3 cd order shipped.

I'm not sure

I got a notification today that my 3 cd order shipped.

You lot must be all from America then.

On it’s way to me. Looking forward to it.

Well it has become obvious.

Broon HATES Pratt.

He sounded pretty loving of Peart in that recent interview Rod did with him.

• Like 1

Mine is set to arrive Tuesday??? That's so soon!!

I'm so excited for this! :dweez:

• Like 1