"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

Preordered the 3 CD set, the lyrics, and a shirt.

I love the band, but I have no use for vinyl these days, and no inclination to pay $300 for anything band related ever again. Aint' happening. For any band.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

I love the band, but I have no use for vinyl these days, and no inclination to pay $300 for anything band related ever again. Aint' happening. For any band.

I wonder if the Maple Leaf gig is better than the Montreal Forum gig (from Exit Stage Left)?

I wonder if the Maple Leaf gig is better than the Montreal Forum gig (from Exit Stage Left)?

Don't know. Guess we're going to find out.

• Like 3

Aye!

• Like 2

Waiting to see the Amazon price. I bet it will be lower and actually get delivered on the release date. Oh, and we won't be gouged for shipping like at the Rush Backstage Club.

That amazon guy Bezos could easily give you and me a couple of billion dollars each. And he wouldn't even miss it... :hail:

Geddy's sequencer didn't trigger properly during "The Spirit of Radio" at the March 25, 1981 show in Toronto. I wonder if this will somehow be fixed or if they'll substitute the performance of this song (and maybe others) from one of the other nights? Should be interesting! Edited by Pig
  • Like 1

So the pre-order is now out there on the Backstage Club website. What do you guys think of the bonus content? Especially on the Super Deluxe. YYZ video??? That intrigues me…and the full 1981 concert audio.

I wish it were the full Edmonton show, but I will at least grab up the CD version.

• Like 1

So how much different will this Blu Ray Audio be from the 30th anniversary version?

I'm interested in that if it's going to be different somehow, but the rest of the stuff outside the new concert isn't a big deal for me. If it's realy going to be that different and that's the only way to get it though...sigh

So the pre-order is now out there on the Backstage Club website. What do you guys think of the bonus content? Especially on the Super Deluxe. YYZ video??? That intrigues me…and the full 1981 concert audio.

I wish it were the full Edmonton show, but I will at least grab up the CD version.

Why Edmonton?

@pig

Geddy's sequencer didn't trigger properly during "The Spirit of Radio" at the March 25, 1981 show in Toronto

I'm not detecting that --> https://rush-archive...io-audience.84/

Pretty sure this happened on 3/24: --> https://rush-archives.net/index.php?threads/24-march-1981-maple-leaf-gardens-toronto-ontario-audio-audience.83/

Edited by currygoat11

Man, the super deluxe set looks really cool! .... But I can't see the missus being too happy if I say that I am forking out $290 for it. I may have to go for the more modest version. :(

I'll just get the CD version!

after tentatively running it past 'she who must be obeyed', it will be the cd only version for me!!
  • Like 2

Man, the super deluxe set looks really cool! .... But I can't see the missus being too happy if I say that I am forking out $290 for it. I may have to go for the more modest version. :(

I'll just get the CD version!

after tentatively running it past 'she who must be obeyed', it will be the cd only version for me!!

:16ton:

• Like 1

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx from that performance was released on one of the 2112 reissues.

I wonder what other Deluxe ones are coming? Exit Stage Left (with a concert from the Exit Stage Left tour and an early performance of Subdivisions), Signals??

• Like 2

Aye!

Since we will be comparing a full show against an incomplete show I would give my vote now to the complete show. From what I have heard of both shows the performances are comparable.
  • Like 2

I wonder what other Deluxe ones are coming? Exit Stage Left (with a concert from the Exit Stage Left tour and an early performance of Subdivisions), Signals??

I would not be surprised if ESL had Natural Science and Vital Signs added back in.

• Like 2

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx from that performance was released on one of the 2112 reissues.

My big hope is Signals (again with a full show from the tour).

Exit Stage Left is unlikely as it is just a composite of Glasgow '80 and Montreal '81. Best we could hope for is the full Montreal show but I think this is unlikely.

• Like 2

Aye!

Since we will be comparing a full show against an incomplete show I would give my vote now to the complete show. From what I have heard of both shows the performances are comparable.

Here's a picture of the CD edition:

MP-Deluxe-3-CD-3.jpg

• Like 2

Exit Stage Left is unlikely as it is just a composite of Glasgow '80 and Montreal '81. Best we could hope for is the full Montreal show but I think this is unlikely.

I wonder which gig they choose for Signals? Maybe Birmingham NEC 1983, the May 14 one! ;)

• Like 1

I wonder which gig they choose for Signals? Maybe Birmingham NEC 1983, the May 14 one! ;)

That would be super cool but TBH, with the complete lack of soundboards from this tour, I would be happy with any complete show!!
  • Like 2

Aye!

Here's a picture of the CD edition:

MP-Deluxe-3-CD-3.jpg

Nice!
  • Like 2

That would be super cool but TBH, with the complete lack of soundboards from this tour, I would be happy with any complete show!!

I'm sure there'll be one, it might be this year or maybe next year.