"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

Super Deluxe Boxed Set Pre-Ordered.

Please do this for Signals too!!!!!!

Full Show.....take my money.

On both CD and Vinyl!!!!!!

And we got a 5.1 Atmos Surround mix? YES!!!!!

• Like 5

It is amazingly good news. I thought this wasn't gonna happen.
  • Like 2

I REALLY hope Signals doesn’t get pushed back to 2023!

It is amazingly good news. I thought this wasn't gonna happen.

• Like 3

5.1 re-mix done by Chycki. :(

Had it been done by Steven Wilson I'd be 100% in for the super deluxe.

Listening to an audience recording of the the 3/25/81 show now. Toronto's Last Stand. Decent quality, but has me salivating for this upcoming professionally recorded version.

Edited by Claude_verret
  • Like 3

I will definitely be buying this. I need to decide between the CD set and the super deluxe ... really, all I want in the super deluxe is the Bluray and the lyric sheets. It is hard to justify paying an extra $250 just to get the Bluray and lyric sheets, though.

I am not a record collector, and most of my music these days is via streaming services. I don't own a record player. But ..... it is pretty cool ..... if I don't buy the super deluxe, I will likely buy the lyric sheets separately though.

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712--take-my-money-shut-up.jpg

Listening to an audience recording of the the 3/25/81 show now. Toronto's Last Stand. Decent quality, but has me salivating for this upcoming professionally recorded version.

Indeed, the 03/25 Toronto's Last Stand set is not a bad sound. Have you heard the 03/24 Toronto's Last Stand set? For me it is the best sounding of the three nights in this set of bootlegs.

But...... hopefully all that will pale into insignificance when this box set arrives!!!!!

• Like 2

Man, the super deluxe set looks really cool! .... But I can't see the missus being too happy if I say that I am forking out $290 for it. I may have to go for the more modest version. :( Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Indeed, the 03/25 Toronto's Last Stand set is not a bad sound. Have you heard the 03/24 Toronto's Last Stand set? For me it is the best sounding of the three nights in this set of bootlegs.

But...... hopefully all that will pale into insignificance when this box set arrives!!!!!

Yes and I agree that it has a bit better sound quality than 3/25.

I'm sure that almost everyone who wishes to have a copy of the bootleg 3/25 show probably already has it, but for anyone who doesn't it will become more difficult to find as many of the torrent sites where it's likely to be hosted will ban sharing it once a version of the concert has been released commercially.

• Like 2

Just in case you don't know, here's the tracklist:

Rush, 'Moving Pictures' 40th-Anniversary Track Listing

Disc 1

Moving Pictures

1. "Tom Sawyer"

2. "Red Barchetta"

3. "YYZ"

4. "Limelight"

5. "The Camera Eye"

6. "Witch Hunt"

7. "Vital Signs"

Disc 2

Live in YYZ

1. "2112 – Overture"

2. "2112 – The Temples Of Syrinx"

3. "Freewill"

4. "Limelight"

5. "Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres – Prelude"

6. "Beneath, Between & Behind"

7. "The Camera Eye"

8. "YYZ"

9. "Broon’s Bane"

10. "The Trees"

11. "Xanadu"

Disc 3

Live in YYZ Cont.

1. "The Spirit Of Radio"

2. "Red Barchetta"

3. "Closer To The Heart"

4. "Tom Sawyer"

5. "Vital Signs"

6. "Natural Science"

7. "Working Man / Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres – Armageddon: The Battle Of Heart And Mind / By-Tor & The Snow Dog / In The End / In The Mood / 2112 – Grand Finale"

8. "La Villa Strangiato"

Disc 4

Moving Pictures Remixed

1. "Tom Sawyer"

2. "Red Barchetta"

3. "YYZ"

4. "Limelight"

5. "The Camera Eye"

6. "Witch Hunt"

7. "Vital Signs"

Bonus Promo Videos

1. "Tom Sawyer"

2. "Limelight"

3. "Vital Signs"

4. "YYZ"

• Like 3

Super excited to get a FULL Moving Pictures show. VERY disappointed not to get a blu ray video of a full show ala Exit...Stage Left + Bonus footage. Annoyed that I have to pay $300 for the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Blu Ray of the studio album.

Well this is the one I've been waiting for. I will wait to make a decision on which version I want vs. pocketbook considerations

$361.99 CAN for Super Deluxe. That may be a high water mark for me when buying a deluxe box set.

Yeah - finally - a full Moving Pictures show from 3/25/81. Wow - they didn't use the Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981 tracks, but the Toronto show is certainly a special event being in their home town.

we will have to see if the "sneak-in" some more preferred songs from prior nights (3/23 and 3/24) into this. Probably not but maybe.

• Like 2

Is it weird to be on-the-fence about preordering this, especially since it's my favorite album of all time? I'm interested in the LP version but I already have Moving Pictures and Exit Stage Left on vinyl. The appeal would be purely to hear the new concert recording... do you all think there's a chance it will sound even better than Exit Stage Left? I wish there was a bootleg of this concert just to kind of scope it out.
  • Like 1

Yeah - finally - a full Moving Pictures show from 3/25/81. Wow - they didn't use the Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981 tracks, but the Toronto show is certainly a special event being in their home town.

we will have to see if the "sneak-in" some more preferred songs from prior nights (3/23 and 3/24) into this. Probably not but maybe.

I was at the show on the 23rd - would have loved it if they used that night. Alex's guitar totally kicked out during "In the End" but otherwise, this teenage boy remembers a flawless, perfect evening of music.

Edited by taurus

Is it weird to be on-the-fence about preordering this, especially since it's my favorite album of all time? I'm interested in the LP version but I already have Moving Pictures and Exit Stage Left on vinyl. The appeal would be purely to hear the new concert recording... do you all think there's a chance it will sound even better than Exit Stage Left? I wish there was a bootleg of this concert just to kind of scope it out.

https://www.digitalrushexperience.com/database/review.php?RecordingID=1382

My expectation will be the live show will sound and be mixed better than ESL.

• Like 1

Well , if it were coming in April like my 'insider' from Toronto on said on FB, we'd have heard about it by now.

So I was wrong to post 'April'. Never mind.

Reversing my reversal.

The dude was right. April it is. Wow.

• Like 3