"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

It will be a damn shame if the 40th Anniversary sets are done.

I hope at some point they will be done with.

I don't think there's anything really interesting to buy for a 40th anniversary package after the Terry Brown period.

For the box sets that have already been released, some fans gripe about things that aren't satisfactory to them.

It's as if the assumption or expectation that the band has a tonne of archival stuff when they don't.

These completist type individual's just don't get it.

Also it seems ridiculous if there's going to be anniversary packages for all the band's albums.

I rarely see any musician influenced by RUSH discuss anything from the early 80's and beyond that influenced them in their musical beginnings.

There's tribute bands of course that play all of RUSH's material.

However for historical significance, the Terry Brown period is what RUSH will be remembered most for.

Edited by RushFanForever

It will be a damn shame if the 40th Anniversary sets are done.

I hope at some point they will be done with.

I don't think there's anything really interesting to buy for a 40th anniversary package after the Terry Brown period.

For the box sets that have already been released, some fans gripe about things that aren't satisfactory to them.

It's as if the assumption or expectation that the band has a tonne of archival stuff when they don't.

These completist type individual's just don't get it.

Also it seems ridiculous if there's going to be anniversary packages for all the band's albums.

I rarely see any musician influenced by RUSH discuss anything from the early 80's and beyond that influenced them in their musical beginnings.

There's tribute bands of course that play all of RUSH's material.

However for historical significance, the Terry Brown period is what RUSH will be remembered most for.

Gotta say that I loathe the ignorance of the stuck in the Terry Brown period RUSH fans. They refuse to accept that there are A LOT of us that LOVE Rush after Terry Brown left. Heck! My #1 most wanted 40th Anniversary is Grace Under Pressure! I'm praying they have the full concert audio from the VHS, laserdisc, DVD release and, hopefully, the footage of the full concert and make it available on Blu-Ray. I'd also love full concerts of Hold Your Fire, Roll the Bones, Counterparts and more. The only Terry Brown release I'm craving is Signals for a full concert live CD!

• Like 3

I'll bet they do Moving Pictures and Signals, maybe Grace, and then stop. The albums that are considered their "classic" period are the only ones where it's worth spending the money it takes to produce a box like this, in terms of how many people will buy it. That's why they didn't do them for the first three albums and started with 2112 and likely won't continue past the mid-80s. Not enough people will be interested in dropping $150 on a Presto box set for them to put the time, effort and money into producing it. But Moving Pictures and Signals? Absolutely.
  • Like 3

I'll bet they do Moving Pictures and Signals, maybe Grace, and then stop. The albums that are considered their "classic" period are the only ones where it's worth spending the money it takes to produce a box like this, in terms of how many people will buy it. That's why they didn't do them for the first three albums and started with 2112 and likely won't continue past the mid-80s. Not enough people will be interested in dropping $150 on a Presto box set for them to put the time, effort and money into producing it. But Moving Pictures and Signals? Absolutely.

I dunno. Someone just bought my Vapor Trails vinyl for $650. I think there's a lot of us that love Post Terry Brown Rush.

• Like 2

I think you're right. But I'd say they would go up to Power Windows. HYF, RTB, and Presto were where the old-Rush fans dropped off sharply.

Maybe they don't need to do 'box sets'. Maybe 40th anniversary special edition CD/DVD packages are enough. Just put some good stuff in the booklets.

I've never bought a box-set from any band, except for the first Rush album reissue. But I'll buy a CD/DVD for an anniversary every time for a Rush, DT, Metallica, PT......

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I think you're right. But I'd say they would go up to Power Windows. HYF, RTB, and Presto were where the old-Rush fans dropped off sharply.

Maybe they don't need to do 'box sets'. Maybe 40th anniversary special edition CD/DVD packages are enough. Just put some good stuff in the booklets.

I've never bought a box-set from any band, except for the first Rush album reissue. But I'll buy a CD/DVD for an anniversary every time for a Rush, DT, Metallica, PT......

I guess we selective forget that Roll the Bones was their last platinum album after two poor sellers? I know, for a fact, that many folks, younger than me, got into RUSH during Roll the Bones. I know...the horror! Hahahahaha! Once again, I'm a diehard Post Terry Brown fan & I'll buy every one of these 40th Anniversary sets!

I always figured they would continue through HYF (which I thought was the cutoff point for a certain sales record for some time) then decide if doing sets for the 90s era albums was worth it or not.

It recently dawned on me that R50 is coming up somewhat soon. I wonder if anyone in the Rush circle has any BIG, major ideas for that. Maybe Alex will reveal that he's been lying all this time and the Rush Vault is LOADED with unreleased material. Like 6 or 7 songs originally recorded for a "double LP" release of "Moving Pictures" that they scrapped because they were total crap. Now that I'd like to hear! Total crap songs!

Kidding, of course. But I do think it's possible that there will be something for R50.

If the special releases continue, it would be likely that there would be 40 and 50 year releases in the same year.

Think about it. The first album's 50th, and p/g 40. As one example.

Then the next year, FBN, COS, and PoW.

Where does it end?

Edited by grep

I guess we selective forget that Roll the Bones was their last platinum album after two poor sellers? I know, for a fact, that many folks, younger than me, got into RUSH during Roll the Bones. I know...the horror! Hahahahaha! Once again, I'm a diehard Post Terry Brown fan & I'll buy every one of these 40th Anniversary sets!

Roll the Bones is the reason I'm a Rush fan. I would buy anything released under that name, I adore that album.

• Like 2

Roll the Bones is the reason I'm a Rush fan. I would buy anything released under that name, I adore that album.

Roll the Bones is a very cute album.

Ba-dum-dumb!

But hey, it does give that shout-out to that old Groucho Marx game show. I believe Groucho was possibly a hindu muslim catholic creation evolutionist. I definitely know he was a rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

So yes. Up with Roll The Bones!

• Like 1

Any updates regarding a 40th anniversary edition of our favorite band’s most popular album?! I find it hard to believe that there wouldn’t be a super über deluxe boxed set of this album for its 40th birthday.

I'm surprised no one sought this out and shared any photos yet. It looks like people have been receiving their preorders in the mail over the last week for Hugh Syme's "The Art Of Rush: Second Edition" book. When it was announced months ago, it was stated that this edition has a new section added specifically for the recent 40th Anniversary artworks. I've long been curious if it'd contain anything for Moving Pictures, so I asked someone on Reddit who received their copy if they could check if it features any new art, and it does! It features what seems will be the main box/sleeve art, as well as the indivudual art that represents each song, as per previous 40th releases.

SAwXSVk.jpg

9EkT5lW.jpg

79VvED6.jpg

All credit goes to Reddit user vomviersen for taking these photos.

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one sought this out and shared any photos yet. It looks like people have been receiving their preorders in the mail over the last week for Hugh Syme's "The Art Of Rush: Second Edition" book. When it was announced months ago, it was stated that this edition has a new section added specifically for the recent 40th Anniversary artworks. I've long been curious if it'd contain anything for Moving Pictures, so I asked someone on Reddit who received their copy if they could check if it features any new art, and it does! It features what seems will be the main box/sleeve art, as well as the indivudual art that represents each song, as per previous 40th releases.

SAwXSVk.jpg

9EkT5lW.jpg

79VvED6.jpg

AWESOME!!! :dweez:

SAwXSVk.jpg

9EkT5lW.jpg

79VvED6.jpg

Have the first edition. At least the Witch Hunt photo looks pretty cool.

December nears and still no announcement... I mean I trust that the set will come out, but will it be out before Christmas? I'm starting to think it won't.
  • Like 2

December nears and still no announcement... I mean I trust that the set will come out, but will it be out before Christmas? I'm starting to think it won't.

You know how it goes. They’ll make an announcement saying it’ll be here by this date and 3 months will pass or something.

• Like 1