"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

We should start talking about this.

With regards to live bonus material, we know that there is a terrific recording from the MP tour for which 2 tracks were released on the '2112 Deluxe Edition' released at the end of 2012:

- Overture (Northland Coliseum, Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981)

- The Temples of Syrinx (Northland Coliseum, Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981)

These tracks sound fantastic in my opinion.

This show in Edmonton was very likely one of the many candidate recordings for Exit Stage Left.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if we got the WHOLE or a VERY LARGE portion of the Edmonton show? How about The Camera Eye from the MP Tour! Yes please??

And please don't let Alex near the mixing board. No gated, compressed, clipping and altered drum adjustments - please! =)

ps. We are getting old. They are getting old. Get this out there before it's lost forever!

Edited by currygoat11
  • Like 6

I would imagine that they will do something impressive for the album made them Rush (or however Neil phrased it), and then that's likely to be it for the 40th anniversary sets. Big finish!

There actually was a Rush 40th but it did not contain any extra music material. Just a box with some cards and a vinyl pressing with Moon Records replica labels. Nice package in it's own right but would it have been too much to ask for a board recording and maybe a replica 45 of Not Fade Away/Can't Fight It on some tie-dye vinyl or something equally groovy?

Would really dig a CoS 40th with a full headline show

• Like 4

There actually was a Rush 40th but it did not contain any extra music material. Just a box with some cards and a vinyl pressing with Moon Records replica labels. Nice package in it's own right but would it have been too much to ask for a board recording and maybe a replica 45 of Not Fade Away/Can't Fight It on some tie-dye vinyl or something equally groovy?

Not sure anyone in the band was sober enough to record anything on the CoS tour, lol.

• Like 1

Didn't they multi-track record all 3 Toronto shows on the MP tour too, as well as the Montreal show? There should be enough material to come up with a full MP show. Hoping for some ESL film outtakes/leftovers/scraps too.
  • Like 3

Why was there no Rush 40, Fly By Night 40 or Caress Of Steel 40?

:tempted:

2112 was their first album that had real mainstream success. The ones since then make sense as deluxe reissues because the impact they had. The audience for reissues of the first three albums is basically just people on this forum. Wouldn't sell nearly enough of them to justify the amount of work/expenses that come with producing something like this.

As for the MP reissue, just give us a complete concert from the tour and I'm good.

• Like 4

Pink Floyd just remastered and re-edited "A Delicate Sound of Thunder" video. It looks and Sounds Awesome! Why cant Rush do that with The Exit stage Left video. Anything less than the FULL Moving Pictures concert would be a Waste of money for me. How many times are you going to remaster these cd's.
  • Like 4

I am very nervous about the potential 40th anniversary Moving Pictures release.

There is painfully little decent sounding live material from the Moving Pictures tour out there ... no full

show soundboards that i am aware of and only a few half decent audience recordings so .......

My wishlist :-

At least 1 FULL SHOW from the Moving Pictures tour ...... not bits from here and bits from there!!

A show which does not coincide with the '81 stuff on Exit Stage Left

Maybe a couple of shows?? .... but now i am pushing my luck!!

A single source show please!!!! Not a composite set (which is what i have had to do for the PW tour)

Please do not mix it like Rush In Rio!!!! ....Total crappola!

• Like 3

Don't anybody remind Ged of this. Another 40th anniversary album will upset him again.

Upset him, how so?

I agree - would have been nice if the Agora show from August '74 (or something unreleased) had been added, with the Vault Edition of Working Man and the debut single, as a second disc, with the 2015 Magee remaster on disc 1.

As for MP40 I'm hoping for the Magee remaster, a full live show from '81 (preferably Edmonton based on the tracks released already), plus a new 5.1 mix - any video extras from ESL would be nice too, but I'd be surprised if they still have the masters after all this time...

Edited by Tim Sawyer
  • Like 2

Can't make the album sound any better than the remasters that are already out there. It would be a shame to try to alter perfection. I use this album to setup any new audio equipment along with Phil Collins: No Jacket Required and Queensryche: Empire. Simply stunning depth and clarity! How can you remaster, remastered perfection? You can't, you can only f@ck it up...
  • Like 4

kerrching!!!!!

I don’t mind them cashing in. I also can’t think of why I’d buy any new editions released regardless of unheard live versions, studio demo takes, or whatever.

100% ---alternate takes and demos are on a tape somewhere, so far as they didn't perish in a fire or something.

• Like 1