Was "one little victory" ever played on the radio?

New_World_Man

I remember when VT first came out there was a big deal about it because it was the first Rush album in quite a while and their big return after Neil's personal tragedies. However, for some reason I don't remember OLV being played on the radio. It either wasn't where I was living(Philly area) or I just wasn't paying attention. I definitely remember hearing "far cry" a bunch of times several years later though and even a song or two from CA when that first came out.

Since I live close to the Canadian border, we are able to pick up some stations from there. I remember 97.7 Hitz FM in St. Catherines, Ontario playing it. But since they're in Canada I'm pretty sure it's required by law that they play new Rush.

Never heard it on the local stations though. There wasn't one here at that time that would have put new Rush in the rotation anyways.

• Like 1

Technical answer to question- "Vapor Trails" was given a proper radio debut in the States, I remember making sure to be able to listen to it. Even called a friend about it so I know that really happened.

Not entirely sure if "One Little Victory" got regular play. I got busy that year and was working outside of the lower 48 so I didn't have access to radio.

I would like to point out, given the timing of the album, it got a warm welcome. This was right after 9/11 and any new output from a band proven to sell albums reliably was something radio would get behind.

//This thread made me feel old lollll

• Like 1

It definitely was in the St Louis metro area. My son and I went fishing and when we were driving to the lake, the DJ said that the new Rush song was going to debut at 2:00 o'clock. We didn't have much luck at our first stop so we got back in my truck to move to the next area and my son noticed that it was almost 2 and reminded me of the song. After a couple of minutes One Little Victory started. I'll never forget it.

It definitely was in the St Louis metro area. My son and I went fishing and when we were driving to the lake, the DJ said that the new Rush song was going to debut at 2:00 o'clock. We didn't have much luck at our first stop so we got back in my truck to move to the next area and my son noticed that it was almost 2 and reminded me of the song. After a couple of minutes One Little Victory started. I'll never forget it.

did you blast it?

I remember waiting by the radio for its debut at 8:00 AM. It got a bit of play, from what I remember, but not TOO much.

I guess I somehow missed it. I definitely remember "far cry" being played a bit. I guess that was played a lot more then?

• Like 1

I remember waiting by the radio for its debut at 8:00 AM. It got a bit of play, from what I remember, but not TOO much.

I guess I somehow missed it. I definitely remember "far cry" being played a bit. I guess that was played a lot more then?

Far Cry is a lot more popular than OLV... so yes probs

I remember when VT first came out there was a big deal about it because it was the first Rush album in quite a while and their big return after Neil's personal tragedies. However, for some reason I don't remember OLV being played on the radio. It either wasn't where I was living(Philly area) or I just wasn't paying attention. I definitely remember hearing "far cry" a bunch of times several years later though and even a song or two from CA when that first came out.

WDHA played One Little Victory, Ceiling Unlimited, Ghost Rider, Secret Touch, Earthshine and Sweet Miracle.

WDHA played Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels, The Larger Bowl and Spindrift. All were released as singles.

WDHA played Far Cry, Workin' Them Angels, The Larger Bowl and Spindrift. All were released as singles.

I thought everyone hated Spindrift tho... well then I guess the radio stations don't

When Rush's Vapor Trails came out, "One Little Victory" was played on rock radio a month, and a half before Vapor Trails was released.

When Rush's Vapor Trails came out, "One Little Victory" was played on rock radio a month, and a half before Vapor Trails was released.

probably because it was a single
  • Like 1

They only played half the song pre-release? Strange.

From, and on "Vapor Trails", "One Little Victory" was a hit. Edited by Derek19

They only played half the song pre-release? Strange.

I mean... a radio station only played half of Journey's "Wheel In The Sky" once... maybe errors?