Music you like that others would laugh at?

Rhyta

and of course my man tom Waits.

any one outside deep music lovers. you play Waits for the average person.

they think you've snapped.

EVEN some music lovers have a really hard time :laughing guy:

Mick

He is a legend
  • Like 2

Mick

He is a legend

absolute legend. and he's hilarious. i love watching interviews.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

He is a legend

absolute legend. and he's hilarious. i love watching interviews.

Mick

I have watched some of his appearances on Letterman on Youtube. Such an articulate and intelligent guy.... oh and the musical performances are pretty damn good also!!!
  • Like 1

Invisible Airwave mentioned Dave Mathews and I'd go along with that. He gets a bad rap for appealing to drunk middle aged women, but he and his band have some good chops.
  • Like 3

I haven’t listened to them since Busted Stuff but I have to list Dave Matthews Band because Beauford is one of the best drummers alive.

I took me forever to get into Dave Matthews, mainly because of the vocals (a RUSH fan complaining about vocals, lol). But like you say, the drumming is amazing, as is the all-around musicianship in general. Really good lyrics, too.
  • Like 2

Invisible Airwave mentioned Dave Mathews and I'd go along with that. He gets a bad rap for appealing to drunk middle aged women, but he and his band have some good chops.

RIP Leroi Moore. He had some nice sax solos. Best Of What’s Around, So Right and Jimi Thing are his best. Love that bridge on Lie In Our Graves as well.

Also, Luther College with Tim Reynolds is a great live album.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

RIP Leroi Moore. He had some nice sax solos. Best Of What’s Around, So Right and Jimi Thing are his best.

:(

Oh I almost forgot:

Coldplay

Screw the haters, they're one of the greatest bands of the 21st century. Songwriting geniuses with beautiful arrangements. If you gave me the choice to listen to either them or Radiohead for the rest of my life I probably wouldn't choose Radiohead.

• Like 4

Oh I almost forgot:

Coldplay

Screw the haters, they're one of the greatest bands of the 21st century. Songwriting geniuses with beautiful arrangements. If you gave me the choice to listen to either them or Radiohead for the rest of my life I probably wouldn't choose Radiohead.

Far from one of the greatest. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*it wouldn't be me if I wasn't a bitch*

• Like 2

Oh I almost forgot:

Coldplay

Far from one of the greatest. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*it wouldn't be me if I wasn't a bitch*

Hey, at least I'm not out here claiming Taylor Swift is one of the greatest artists of the century or anything. :P

• Like 3

Broadway Musicals. without Broadway. i wouldn't have moved on to more music in general.

it's the seed of the giant tree my musical interests grew into.

Mick

Yeah, I grew up on those, and the MGM musicals. South Pacific, My Fair Lady, Oliver!, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Sound of Music, King and I, Jesus Christ Superstar...
  • Like 4

I don’t know if they’d laugh, or not, but I love all of that great 1960s music backed by The Wrecking Crew...

Sonny & Cher

The Monkees

The Mamas and The Papas

The Partridge Family

The 5th Dimension

Neil Diamond

The Carpenters

Glen Campbell

...and on and on and on.

I read the book about the Wrecking Crew a few years ago, it was wild that Glen Campbell started as a session player and I loved Carol playing bass, the lone female among the bunch. Lots of hits that we enjoyed but didn't know the musicians who played them. Kind of a rarity today, it's a given that most bands play their own instruments. :D

• Like 2

When I was growing up, and younger, around the time I started listening to music, the artists, bands, and groups were: Shaun Cassidy, the Bay City Rollers, KC and the Sunshine Band, Village People, Earth, Wind & Fire, Boney M, Bee Gees, Olivia Newton-John, Captain & Tennille, Kenny Rogers, the Carpenters, and ABBA. From that list, I listen to ABBA the most.

A good selection, Earth Wind and Fire were going to be in concert this summer with Santana.... :clap: :( Cancelled of course.. :|

I remember trying to get a haircut like Toni Tennille, it was actually pretty nice looking (I know I can hear you all :laughing yellow guy:)

• Like 2

Richard Marx is awesome and loves to tweet!

I'm going to say I like some classic country/borderline rock like Eddie Rabbit, Charlie Daniels (RIP), Kenny Rogers (that's all I can think of right now). Also Pop music and Yacht Rock. I love listening to Yacht Rock radio on Sirius XM.

I've never heard of Yacht rock. Is it like Jimmy Buffett? :musicnote:

• Like 1

Richard Marx is awesome and loves to tweet!

I'm going to say I like some classic country/borderline rock like Eddie Rabbit, Charlie Daniels (RIP), Kenny Rogers (that's all I can think of right now). Also Pop music and Yacht Rock. I love listening to Yacht Rock radio on Sirius XM.

I've never heard of Yacht rock. Is it like Jimmy Buffett? :musicnote:

Yes!! Also Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Kenny Loggins, Christopher Cross, etc... :)

• Like 2

When I was growing up, and younger, around the time I started listening to music, the artists, bands, and groups were: Shaun Cassidy, the Bay City Rollers, KC and the Sunshine Band, Village People, Earth, Wind & Fire, Boney M, Bee Gees, Olivia Newton-John, Captain & Tennille, Kenny Rogers, the Carpenters, and ABBA. From that list, I listen to ABBA the most.

A good selection, Earth Wind and Fire were going to be in concert this summer with Santana.... :clap: :( Cancelled of course.. :|

I remember trying to get a haircut like Toni Tennille, it was actually pretty nice looking (I know I can hear you all :laughing yellow guy:)

She had great hair! I really liked it.

• Like 2