Music you like that others would laugh at?

Rhyta

and of course my man tom Waits.

any one outside deep music lovers. you play Waits for the average person.

they think you've snapped.

EVEN some music lovers have a really hard time :laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 3

My best friend has an unwavering love for Eurobeat. Stuff like "Deja Vu."

Honestly I can't help but love it too, lol.

And Zappa AND beefheart. I'm mainly referring to the general public now.

anything that challengers people's neat little boxes. heaven forbid you move things in those mental boxes around, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Backstreet boys.

Mick

I love them! I am a sucker for any kind of good vocal harmonies so I really like them, along with the Beach Boys, Mamas and Papas and Boyz II Men. The Carpenters fall in there somewhere also.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

anything that challengers people's neat little boxes. heaven forbid you move things in those mental boxes around, lol

Mick

Trout Mask Replica is prog.

From an alien planet in a cartoon universe.

• Like 1

Backstreet boys.

Mick

I love them! I am a sucker for any kind of good vocal harmonies so I really like them, along with the Beach Boys, Mamas and Papas and Boyz II Men.

BSB is nothing but a modern vocal group. these groups existed in the5 0's and 60's too. nothing new, lol

but they're 90's early 2000's stuff is great.

Mick

• Like 1

John Denver ! Some of his songs are a little too simple for many repeat plays but a lot of them are beautiful. Have to be in the mood, lol.

He'll always have my respect for fighting against music censorship with Dee Snider and Frank Zappa.

• Like 4

Mick

Trout mask is one of THE greatest albums ever.

Fight me, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Trout mask is one of THE greatest albums ever.

Fight me, lol

Mick

It's certainly one of THE albums ever, lol. I'm just not sure what to put after THE.

I love that it exists though, and that it's in my record collection! :)

• Like 1

When I was growing up, and younger, around the time I started listening to music, the artists, bands, and groups were: Shaun Cassidy, the Bay City Rollers, KC and the Sunshine Band, Village People, Earth, Wind & Fire, Boney M, Bee Gees, Olivia Newton-John, Captain & Tennille, Kenny Rogers, the Carpenters, and ABBA. From that list, I listen to ABBA the most. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 5

Don't we all -- as adults, anyway -- sort of expect people to listen to lots of different things? Or at least not be surprised if they do? I love Motorhead, and I also love Hank Williams, Sr. I love Genesis or Yes at their most complex, and I love the early Beatles. I even like the Apocalyptica versions of things!

I would laugh at Nazi heavy metal, I guess, if I knew anybody who listened to that s*** . . .

• Like 2

Meat Loaf.

MAN is it hard being a fan, lol

Mick

It's all because of the name. Choosing the nickname kids gave him in school as his professional name wasn't the best decision. I guess he felt he needed a gimmick to get noticed. I wonder if Bat Out Of Hell would have been as successful if he used his real name instead.

• Like 1

I like Creed...

Why do I see a pitchfork in the distance?

I saw them on the Weathered tour. Great show and since they only had three albums people knew everything and weren't completely stupid to anything that wasn't a hit. That made it more enjoyable.

While were on the subject have you checked out Alter Bridge? They're made up of the members of Creed only they have a much better singer in Myles Kennedy and a lot better than Creed. Mark Tremonti's solo material is worth checking out too.

• Like 1

John Denver ! Some of his songs are a little too simple for many repeat plays but a lot of them are beautiful. Have to be in the mood, lol.

I dig John Denver and have since I was a kid. I got to see him live and he was fantastic.
  • Like 4

Kenny Rogers , Jesus Jones (Doubt) , Devil Doll (The Girl Who Was...Death), Every Mothers Son, Carpenters, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass
  • Like 3

I like Creed...

Why do I see a pitchfork in the distance?

I never got the hate for this band.

The first two albums are great.

When I was in uni they were unknown and were playing small clubs/venues in that uni town where I lived, Tallahassee. That was probably ‘94 or ‘95. I remember seeing them once with friends and thinking “Why wasn’t this band a big name?” and “They SHOULD be household names pretty soon.” A year or two later, they became just that. I wandered away from them even though I did like that small club gig and that first album. Not long after, I found out they were this hated band. Never knew why, never cared to find out.

• Like 1

Late 80s/early 90s from this guy below.

PglhP5e.jpg

Plus, Don’t Mean Nothing is great just for Joe Walsh on guitar alone. Very relevant now because of the metoo movement.

I haven’t listened to them since Busted Stuff but I have to list Dave Matthews Band because Beauford is one of the best drummers alive.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 4

Richard Marx is awesome and loves to tweet!

I'm going to say I like some classic country/borderline rock like Eddie Rabbit, Charlie Daniels (RIP), Kenny Rogers (that's all I can think of right now). Also Pop music and Yacht Rock. I love listening to Yacht Rock radio on Sirius XM.

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

Kenny Rogers , Jesus Jones (Doubt) , Devil Doll (The Girl Who Was...Death), Every Mothers Son, Carpenters, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass

Kenny Rogers is decent... RIP Kenny Rogers
  • Like 1

Richard Marx is awesome and loves to tweet!

I'm going to say I like some classic country/borderline rock like Eddie Rabbit, Charlie Daniels (RIP), Kenny Rogers (that's all I can think of right now). Also Pop music and Yacht Rock. I love listening to Yacht Rock radio on Sirius XM.

He is an anti BS force if nature on social media. Who knew he was such a badass? He’s been retweeting one of my favorite comedians as well, Chris Titus. His most recent “murder” of a troll.

qvwsR10.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Virgil Fox's Heavy Organ. Virgil toured with an electronic Rogers organ which reproduced the sound of a pipe organ. Program was mostly Bach, interspersed with introductions by Virgil. He recorded albums at Filmore East, Winterland, and Carnegie Hall. I saw him 3 times in the Detroit area, including the Redford Theater, which houses a theater organ that they occasionally use to accompany silent films.

A mind-boggling name!
  • Like 1