Beef

Lorraine

What's the price of beef in your area?

We buy Wagyu Beef steaks. It's $17.99 a pound. It's worth it because the steaks cut like butter, and they're absolutely delicious!!! But I did notice today that the price of beef keeps going up.

It has gotten very expensive during this pandemic, that's for sure. I am the only one in our house that eats beef so I don't get it that often; it's easier for me to do pork or chicken. (Mr. Blues doesn't eat red meat.).

So anyway, I didn't realize beef had gotten expensive until last week when the store had a sale, Ground Beef at $ 3.79 a pound, usually it's $ 5.29. Are you kidding me? If someone had asked me I would have guessed $1.49 a pound. I like to make different things with an eye round roast; that is $6.99/lb not on sale; that seems more reasonable.

I haven't looked at steak in a while, so I just looked at this week's ad. Rib eye steaks are 15.99/lb and NewYork strip is $ 13.99/lb. It's prepackaged, though, and not always that good, so if you are getting delicious steak at $ 17.99/lb it sounds like it's worth it! :ebert:

• Like 1

It has gotten very expensive during this pandemic, that's for sure. I am the only one in our house that eats beef so I don't get it that often; it's easier for me to do pork or chicken. (Mr. Blues doesn't eat red meat.).

So anyway, I didn't realize beef had gotten expensive until last week when the store had a sale, Ground Beef at $ 3.79 a pound, usually it's $ 5.29. Are you kidding me? If someone had asked me I would have guessed $1.49 a pound. I like to make different things with an eye round roast; that is $6.99/lb not on sale; that seems more reasonable.

I haven't looked at steak in a while, so I just looked at this week's ad. Rib eye steaks are 15.99/lb and NewYork strip is $ 13.99/lb. It's prepackaged, though, and not always that good, so if you are getting delicious steak at $ 17.99/lb it sounds like it's worth it! :ebert:

I don't know how to make an eye round roast. I see eye round roast a lot. My mother used to make it often when I was a little girl.

They've got a cheaper beef, but this Wagyu is delicious and worth it.

• Like 1

I bought a beef in black bean sauce yesterday out of M&S ....£4. It was delicious btw!

My wife drives to a local meat market about 30 miles away. It's worth it...ny strips $6 a lb, chicken is stupid cheap. All locally raised. Support your local meat markets and avoid the supermarket expensive junk.
  • Like 1

Had some huge NY strips last weekend from Tom Thumb. They were cheap because they were near their date, like eight bucks a piece. Five hours in a rub and Worster at room temp and they just melted. There's nothing like the taste of charred beef fat.

Organic lean ground beef (8% fat) $7.99/lb. Steaks and such comparable. Lots of whole frozen national brand turkeys, but no turkey breast cutlets, which sucks 'cause I'm dining solo. Will likely go with a whole Cornish hen, small bird but good amount of meat.
  • Like 1