This was the first song I had the pleasure of listening too back in the late 70s while in 6th Form.  Everyone raves about "Ace of Spades" and rightly so, but "Bomber" is just as mega, especially with "Filthy" Animal Taylor on drums giving it large, and of course Lemmy belting it out no-holds barred!

Happy days!

• Like 5

I've had "Between Sun and Moon" stuck in my head for a while. I wonder why -- I haven't listened to Counterparts in well over a year. And I can't say I care for the song all that much.

• Like 3

On 3/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, Laurabw said:

Take me home tonight - Eddie Money. No idea why.

That is a song that I heard many times on the radio when it came out (1986) and seldom after that...so that when I DO happen across it, it REALLY transports me back to that year.  Which isn't an all together positive thing 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Timbale said:

That is a song that I heard many times on the radio when it came out (1986) and seldom after that...so that when I DO happen across it, it REALLY transports me back to that year.  Which isn't an all together positive thing 😂

Takes me back to kindergarten.  My favorite song at that time was Word Up by Cameo which still slaps.  Candy as well. 

Speaking of nostalgia, just listened to the SiriusXM top 40 for some week in 1985 on the 80s channel. 

• Like 2

99 Red Balloons

believe it or not… I only just now listened to this song for the first time in my life

I love it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

99 Red Balloons

believe it or not… I only just now listened to this song for the first time in my life

I love it.

The English, or German version? I gather the English version, as you've mentioned the title.

Edited by yyz305

23 minutes ago, yyz305 said:

The English, or German version? I gather the English version, as you've mentioned the title.

Both

• Like 4

On 4/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

99 Red Balloons

I love it.

It just so happens to be the latest One Hit Wonderland episode by Todd.  I didn't hear it until the late 80s on flashback hours during lunchtime and on some 80s "Where Are They Now" specials MTV and VH1 did.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

It just so happens to be the latest One Hit Wonderland episode by Todd.  I didn't hear it until the late 80s on flashback hours during lunchtime and on some 80s "Where Are They Now" specials MTV and VH1 did.

Why do you think I just heard it, lol

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Why do you think I just heard it, lol

Still waiting for him to do a Chinese Democracy for GnR on Trainreckords.  Even though he already did St. Anger, Lulu would be another one to cover.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Just now, invisible airwave said:

Still waiting for him to do a Chinese Democracy for GnR on Trainreckords.  Even though he already did St. Anger, Lulu would be another one to cover.

Wow, imagine making the definition of a trainwrecord, then a decade later somehow making ANOTHER one.

Metallica’s out here breaking records no one else will.

• Haha 2

On 4/1/2023 at 1:54 PM, ST3V said:

Speaking of Josh Homme, it's been Dead End Friends from Them Crooked  Vultures. Thanks for reminding me this album. Gonna have to find it and play it. 

Edited by ozzy85
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Wow, imagine making the definition of a trainwrecord, then a decade later somehow making ANOTHER one.

Metallica’s out here breaking records no one else will.

Reminds me of when Todd went for the obscure Liz Phair album from 2010 instead of the easy target of her 2003 album.  I remember Gen Xers being outraged for her selling out with Why Cant I.  Pitchfork gave that album a big fat zero.

Then again, they missed the mark in more that one way with Lateralus by Tool.  That review is some off tangent pretentious crap if I ever read it.  Brace yourself for this word salad.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 3:04 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

99 Red Balloons

I love it.

Which version EP ? 🤔

I prefer the original German language version ! 🙂

1 minute ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Which version EP ? 🤔

I prefer the original German language version ! 🙂

I should have scrolled down a little further before posting 🙃🤣