Rush backstage club

furie

Has anyone had a problem with them recently? They got my order wrong and are unresponsive to email. I understand covid has impacted everything but I just want to see if it’s become systemic problem or just me.
  • Like 1

Well in May I did order something, and it shipped on June 19... so it probs is a Covid thing... but this is a problem I haven't faced
  • Like 1

My significant other had a horrible experience with their customer service and it took several weeks to get it resolved. I'm really disappointed with the new merch management. I wanted the 'Farewell to Kings' hoodie forever, but the original "limited edition" one that was available for nearly a decade. I adore the one my SO got, as it was a gift and I love him, it's really just a cheap hoodie.

No bad issues for me. Have ordered a few things over the years, I like the "tracking" and of course...when the stuff arrives at my door :)

Perhaps items change (I have seen a few examples where descriptions and "clickable" items for more detail seem to change, but once ordered - like "clockwork": Step by step, I get to have them :)

I was not aware "merch management" changed.

I only watch for accuracy, final check-out and confirmation codes.

I have been surprised at the final price a couple of times, due to perhaps, added taxes, delivery charges and such, but the end result of the packaging condition and quality - very happy.

• Like 1

Mine "Cleared Customs" today, hoping for delivery any day now!
  • Like 2

Got it !!!!

But to this minute the Tracking still says "Cleared Customs August 31" (I guess above I was checking on it, on Sept. 3).

I was just out the front door and it was leaning outside the door frame.

Happy to get it, but this time around, not great service.

• Like 2

It took awhile to get the charity t-shirts earlier this year but they said things were delayed due to Covid. Before then I never had a problem with any orders. I do know that Canadian mail is not very fast even before this year, I used to mail letters to a friend in New Brunswick and it took 2 weeks to arrive.
  • Like 1

Well New Brunswick, they are always too busy shoveling snow, no matter when :)

I already love the book. Cool binding. Something that caught my attention just on the initial flip-through, Neil answers a question about the parts of Fear.

He explains that yes, there are only three parts. I was like, what? Immediately went to Vapor Trails to double check, and I realized how much I will love this book collection.

Ending with 1994 that was before the fourth part. And so I had to ponder again how awesome their time together was.

The volume of early work, the years to come, so much of it written down. We are very luck fans indeed!

Yeah, so I had emailed them with a question about the long sleeved Dalmatian shirt, to get actual sizing information. Their website sucks in that regard. I've asked them similar questions in the past and was basically told they didn't know. But this time, it took them a whole month to respond. I had already poked around on the Gildan site in an attempt to get the information I was looking for.

The pandemic is now just about a year old, so that excuse doesn't fly anymore. We've ALL learned to work from home to some extent.

The shirt itself didn't take that long to get to me, but not responding to my question for a solid month? Come on.

• Like 1

When I bought, and purchased "the Missing Tourbooks Collection" of "Rush", "Fly By Night", and "Caress of Steel", last year, I received them I think, and feel in a reasonable amount of time. When I've bought, and purchased other things, and items on their "Rush Backstage Club" website, I haven't had any problems, and issues, with their shipping/receiving of them before. Talking about shirts, I purchased the white "Presto North American Tour 1990" short sleeve t-shirt. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I like that shirt, almost ordered it a few times but not being able to see it/feel it, I won't pay that price.

I hope you like it Laurabw!

Yeah, so I had emailed them with a question about the long sleeved Dalmatian shirt, to get actual sizing information. Their website sucks in that regard. I've asked them similar questions in the past and was basically told they didn't know. But this time, it took them a whole month to respond. I had already poked around on the Gildan site in an attempt to get the information I was looking for.

The pandemic is now just about a year old, so that excuse doesn't fly anymore. We've ALL learned to work from home to some extent.

The shirt itself didn't take that long to get to me, but not responding to my question for a solid month? Come on.

OK, I ordered the shirt. :smash: And maybe a couple of other things. Got a confirmation email right away with tracking links.

• Like 2

I ordered the Missing Tourbooks last year. Allbeit it took about 3 weeks but the order successfully got here to N. Ireland without issues.
  • Like 4

OK, I ordered the shirt. :smash: And maybe a couple of other things. Got a confirmation email right away with tracking links.

I do like it, though it was too long, so I had to cut it. Otherwise, it’s cool.

maybe a couple other things? Lol.

• Like 2

The Vapor Trails tour book, because it will mean lots to me as the re-joining of the awesome men (I have a few tour books, but not all), and the Snakes & Arrows Live double CDs for live stuff I don't have.

Plus I "gave" my brother my Snakes & Arrows CD last summer, and by the time I got home (a 14 hour drive) it realized it was gone. I have every album, but because of this screw-up, only S&A on my computer as a digital copy.

Some day soon there will be maybe a couple more things, too :)

Note: Just in case you have not cut a shirt before, you better "hem" it or "Iron tape" the trim job some how or it will slowly destroy the shirt, and curl up weirdly; or, never wash it. Ever!? Again, just in case you have not done that before.

• Like 1

So an Email arrives this morning 10:00, or so, about "new offers" in the Backstage Members club or other. Because...oooh cool, being a "member"...

I click-bait just before dinner and pretty much everything is Sold Out.

Is the recent Rush Revival that in demand that offers are exhausted within the first day?

Hard to believe. Feels more like a marketing temptation than anything really being a cohesive discussion between the band and the "sales department".

I know the guy say they don't have any control over the sales content, but really. There needs to be a comprehensive approach to the Rush stuff some of us will still pay for, and what the "end game" is all about?

...and I checked the progress of my recent purchase, it is being "processed" through the partner carrier. Woot!!!!!!! See what I am saying? We still buy stuff so put all there is to offer on the site and let us choose.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

So an Email arrives this morning 10:00, or so, about "new offers" in the Backstage Members club or other. Because...oooh cool, being a "member"...

I click-bait just before dinner and pretty much everything is Sold Out.

Is the recent Rush Revival that in demand that offers are exhausted within the first day?

Hard to believe. Feels more like a marketing temptation than anything really being a cohesive discussion between the band and the "sales department".

I know the guy say they don't have any control over the sales content, but really. There needs to be a comprehensive approach to the Rush stuff some of us will still pay for, and what the "end game" is all about?

...and I checked the progress of my recent purchase, it is being "processed" through the partner carrier. Woot!!!!!!! See what I am saying? We still buy stuff so put all there is to offer on the site and let us choose.

Thoughts?

I don't know much about it except that I am in a FB group that tracks Neil's drumsticks and some other collectibles. Since Neil's passing, interest in Rush stuff is through the roof as are resale prices (and signature forgeries, unfortunately.) I can only think that we fans are excited for new merchandise but that also Ebay resellers are quick to scoop it up and so it sells out quickly. Rush sold the rights to their song catalog in 2014; I don't know about the merchandise but I would guess that was in the deal as well so I don't know if they have much input on it.

But I agree, quit nickel and diming little stuff here and there and just put it all out there. :) I hope you get your order soon!

• Like 1

Thank you blueschica, and I didn't know about the catalog sale, interesting.

Yes I have seen bloated prices (look at Victor on Amazon, wow), but a trusted source, a place to get the band's stuff should offer more. Your FB group sounds better than mine, being in Geddy's FB group has simply been a bunch of "user re-posts" and not really about authentic information. Heck, I am down to one log-in with FB a month for the last year or so.

Rant over (for now :codger: )

I decided to purchase the "Counterparts Tie Dye Hoody", "Test For Echo Shades Tee", and "Vapor Trails Fireball Tee" short sleeve t-shirts, and "Rush Backstage Club Newsletters 1980-1994 With Roll the Bones Radio Special C.d.". Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

I decided to purchase the "Counterparts Tie Dye Hoody", "Test For Echo Shades Tee", "Vapor Trails Fireball Tee" short sleeve t-shirts, and "Rush Backstage Club Newsletters 1980-1994 With Roll the Bones Radio Special C.d.".

Wow! Quite the shopping spree! :) It will be an awesome day when your stuff arrives!

• Like 3

You will LOVE the Backstage Club Newsletters. Well, perhaps. But I sure loved having the package delivered and getting totally absorbed in history. The format is nicely done.
  • Like 2

They just put up some new shirts today. I'd buy the Fly by Night one in a second if they didn't use the debut album font on it.

I am liking the Clockwork Angels one.
  • Like 2