The Official 2020 College Football thread

Liberty lined up for the game winning FG but the kick is blocked and Virginia Tech player runs it in for the score. BUT WAIT! VT coach called a TO at the last second to "ice" the kicker so he gets to try again, and, you guessed it, through the uprights and Liberty wins.

Massive, DOH!

Somewhere, Jerry Falwell, Jr. is watching his wife have sex with their gardener.

• Like 2

Jim Harbaugh is getting a lump of coal for Christmas along the with the pink slip.

One more loss and I doubt he lasts the rest of the season.

It'll need to be a real stinker. The preponderance of assholes, er, supporters in the athletic department and Board of Regents is stronk.

You know dang what? I’m just gonna say it. I go to Notre Dame. I play in the marching band. And I just had the greatest senior game I think was at all possible. I peek at these threads sometimes just to see some more college football chatter, but today I’m joining the conversation here. No matter what the rest of the season looks like, that was one completely phenomenal game that I will never ever forget, playing the Alma Mater to a sea of students on the field. Just magic. Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Never liked Notre Dame, and probably never will, being the Wolverine and Hurricaine fan that I am.

But DAYUM, that was a football game. Well done, gentlemen.

• Like 1

Hoo, boy some start:

Hoosiers blank Sparty. Huskers make Penn State 0-4. Liberty rolls again. Miami ekes one out against VaTech.

ND and BC hooking up now, Badgers v Wolverines tonight.

Edited by pjbear05

Liberty lined up for the game winning FG but the kick is blocked and Virginia Tech player runs it in for the score. BUT WAIT! VT coach called a TO at the last second to "ice" the kicker so he gets to try again, and, you guessed it, through the uprights and Liberty wins.

Massive, DOH!

:LOL:

6 SEC teams played today.

they scored 35, 35, 38, 42, 59, and 63 points for an average of 45.3 ppg per team.

It's too soon to make any conclusions, but Graham Mertz just might be the stud quarterback that the Badgers have needed for decades! He's throwing the ball with authority and accuracy.

IHUDJUFOFBHC5J6HLZ55XPUM3U.jpg

Edited by Principled Man

Sparty is awful. I now know how they could lose to Rutgers. That game should have been about 48-0.

You must not have had the pleasure of watching Penn State this season! 0-4, woo hoo!

I've seen three of their four games, actually. They dominated my Hoosiers and should have won, and probably played Ohio State as well as anyone in the league (save if they play the Badgers in the title game). What's happened in the last two games is inexplicable though.

But to match Michigan State's level of putridness, there's still a long way to go.

• Like 2

Sparty is awful. I now know how they could lose to Rutgers. That game should have been about 48-0.

You must not have had the pleasure of watching Penn State this season! 0-4, woo hoo!

But to match Michigan State's level of putridness, there's still a long way to go.

Ah, we shall see when the Putrid Bowl is played. 11/28/2020 @The Horseshoe. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Ah, we shall see when the Putrid Bowl is played. 11/28/2020 @Michigan Stadium.

Should be interesting. But not as interesting as the anOSU-Michigan game will be. Given that there's no love lost between the two schools, anOSU will probably try, and be able to, hang 60 on the Wolvies.

• Like 1

Should be interesting. But not as interesting as the anOSU-Michigan game will be. Given that there's no love lost between the two schools, anOSU will probably try, and be able to, hang 60 on the Wolvies.

1st, my mistake, the game is at The Horseshoe, not The Big House. And while I'm not going as far as 60, Michigan is getting a big number hung on them. The line and the over/under figures are going to be interesting.

1st, my mistake, the game is at The Horseshoe, not The Big House. And while I'm not going as far as 60, Michigan is getting a big number hung on them. The line and the over/under figures are going to be interesting.

AnOSU- Michigan is 12/12 according to what I read. I'd put 60 as the o/u for anOSU pts and probably take the over; they'll be able to name their score, and there will be no reticence to run it up.

• Like 1

What the hell happened in and around Tallahassee Saturday?

Was a Clemson player exposed to the virus, test positive, and cause the game against Florida State to be cancelled 3 hours before kickoff? Was he exposed before he even got on the bus heading to Tallahassee?

Did FSU administrators cancel out of an abundance of caution, or did they Chicken Little, as Dabo seems to think?

Swinney said the teams (emphasis on plural) were ready to throw down. Were the Semen Holes fearful of an embarrassing beatdown?

Dabo wants FSU to pony up for their travel costs, something around $300K, says if FSU wants to play the game, they'll have to come to Clemson to do so.

Lots of unanswered questions.

Edited by pjbear05

Was a Clemson player exposed to the virus, test positive, and cause the game against Florida State to be cancelled 3 hours before kickoff? Was he exposed before he even got on the bus heading to Tallahassee?

Did FSU administrators cancel out of an abundance of caution, or did they Chicken Little, as Dabo seems to think?

Swinney said the teams (emphasis on plural) were ready to throw down. Were the Semen Holes fearful of an embarrassing beatdown?

Dabo wants FSU to pony up for their travel costs, something around $300K, says if FSU wants to play the game, they'll have to come to Clemson to do so.

From what I heard, a Clemson player didn't get his test results back till they were nearly to FSU, and when they came back positive FSU decided they weren't comfortable playing anyone who was on the bus with that player. As such, no game was played.

• Like 1

From what I heard, a Clemson player didn't get his test results back till they were nearly to FSU, and when they came back positive FSU decided they weren't comfortable playing anyone who was on the bus with that player. As such, no game was played.

OK, I didn't see much of that explanation until I read the AP wire story in today's Slum Sentinel digital paper. Most of what I had read was just Dabo whining.
  • Like 1

OK, I didn't see much of that explanation until I read the AP wire story in today's Slum Sentinel digital paper. Most of what I had read was just Dabo whining.

He ought to be whining at whoever was in charge of getting test results back before playing the game. If that's the way they've been doing away games all season then it was bound to happen sooner or later.

• Like 1

Hoosiers beat Badgers, 14-6. Whatever the Badgers are paying Barry Alvarez, it's not enough.

So much for Mertz being the Second Coming of Darrell Bevell.... :facepalm:

Hoosiers beat Badgers, 14-6. Whatever the Badgers are paying Barry Alvarez, it's not enough.

So much for Mertz being the Second Coming of Darrell Bevell.... :facepalm:

Yeah, he didn't look that good even when they destroyed Michigan or today. Surprising after that first game, for sure. More like the Second coming of Mike Samuel. :outtahere: :)

Coastal Carolina knocks BYU from the unbeaten ranks, 22-17.

Fun game...would be interesting to see how these teams would do vs the top of a P5 conference.

The team just above CCU in the Sagarin ratings prior to tonight? LSU.