Met Neil...sound familiar?

Dear Sir

By the way, I sat next to two friends of Alex's son at a TFE concert. They introduced me to him (Justin?). He grudgingly shook my hand, and I later overheard him scolding his friends for arranging the introduction. Nice guy. ;)

Alex must have been very cool to meet in person.

Oops, I meant that I met one of Alex's sons (not Alex) at a concert. It was a quick handshake and hello. I don't blame him, but he was clearly annoyed with his friends for introducing him to me.

Oh, my bad. Where did you meet Alex then?

Aw, heck. I'm not being clear. Let me try again. Alex and I met in 1998 at a book signing at the Borders in Times Square when he asked me to autograph three of my books on behavioral psychology: When Humor Isn't, Failed Irony, and Bedtime for Rick.

Wait, so you wrote 3 books and Alex showed up at the promotional tour?

Precisely, but in a far more accurate and literal sense, no.

Was he as funny in person as he seems to be?

By the way, I sat next to two friends of Alex's son at a TFE concert. They introduced me to him (Justin?). He grudgingly shook my hand, and I later overheard him scolding his friends for arranging the introduction. Nice guy. ;)

Oops, I meant that I met one of Alex's sons (not Alex) at a concert. It was a quick handshake and hello. I don't blame him, but he was clearly annoyed with his friends for introducing him to me.

Aw, heck. I'm not being clear. Let me try again. Alex and I met in 1998 at a book signing at the Borders in Times Square when he asked me to autograph three of my books on behavioral psychology: When Humor Isn't, Failed Irony, and Bedtime for Rick.

I've heard he's the funniest man alive. You must be a close second.

That's really kind of you to say.

• Like 1

You're welcome. With that, I think this thread might be reaching its end.

Thank you to all who participated. If I find the documentation from Neil's perspective, I hope to return and update the thread. Peace!

Thank you to all who participated. If I find the documentation from Neil's perspective, I hope to return and update the thread. Peace!

Wait, I would like to hear more about when you met Alex.

• Like 1

It had reached its end from the moment you posted it, what a croc of shit! :sigh:

It had reached its end from the moment you posted it, what a croc of shit! :sigh:

Lol, yet here you are bumping the thread.

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Prove your assertion. I know what happened and have witnesses.

Well, you kind of lose all credibility when you pull the whole “to be continued” thing, just sayin’. If you wanted people to believe you, maybe you should have charged your phone so you could type the whole story instead of posting it in chunks to milk the thread for likes and replies. Because right now, it looks like you’re just trying to use Neil’s unfortunate passing to gain 15 minutes of fame on an Internet forum. I’m not saying that was or wasn’t your intention—I’m merely telling you how some people might see it.

• Like 1

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Well, you kind of lose all credibility when you pull the whole “to be continued” thing, just sayin’. If you wanted people to believe you, maybe you should have charged your phone so you could type the whole story instead of posting it in chunks to milk the thread for likes and replies. Because right now, it looks like you’re just trying to use Neil’s unfortunate passing to gain 15 minutes of fame on an Internet forum. I’m not saying that was or wasn’t your intention—I’m merely telling you how some people might see it.

How incredibly arrogant and insulting. You don't and can't know my motives, and I couldn't care less how you think others "might perceive" my posts. Your comment about using Neil's death for personal gain floors me. It's not only false, it's hurtful and disgusting. From one human being to another: You need healing for emotional and spiritual issues.

Cool fan fiction, bro.

How incredibly arrogant and insulting. You don't and can't know my motives, and I couldn't care less how you think others "might perceive" my posts. Your comment about using Neil's death for personal gain floors me. It's not only false, it's hurtful and disgusting. From one human being to another: You need healing for emotional and spiritual issues.

Okay, wow. I was just trying to give you some insight as to why your story isn’t being taken seriously. There’s no need for hostility. I never claimed to know you or what your motives were; I was only telling you what this thread looks like on the surface. I’m sorry if you’re offended that no one believed your story, but you didn’t exactly present it in a credible way. Maybe you did meet Neil. I’m happy for you if you did. But you really ought to work on the way you present information, and try not to take every criticism you receive to heart. :cheers:

Edited by Disk98

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Okay, wow. I was just trying to give you some insight as to why your story isn’t being taken seriously. There’s no need for hostility. I never claimed to know you or what your motives were; I was only telling you what this thread looks like on the surface. I’m sorry if you’re offended that no one believed your story, but you didn’t exactly present it in a credible way. Maybe you did meet Neil. I’m happy for you if you did. But you really ought to work on the way you present information, and try not to take every criticism you receive to heart. :cheers:

Why would I want your insights, seriously? Your initial comments were incredibly insulting, and your most recent reply further highlights your arrogance. I'm not angry, I'm just saying. You're blind to your arrogance.

This is super tough, but imagine that my phone really was running low and I noticed it only after I'd begun posting. And try to picture that I have a job, family, and business, so I often have only a few spare minutes. Writing out the entire story would take probably 30+ minutes. Your comment about using Neil's death for gain comes from a black heart.

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Why would I want your insights, seriously? Your initial comments were incredibly insulting, and your most recent reply further highlights your arrogance. I'm not angry, I'm just saying. You're blind to your arrogance.

This is super tough, but imagine that my phone really was running low and I noticed it only after I'd begun posting. And try to picture that I have a job, family, and business, so I often have only a few spare minutes. Writing out the entire story would take probably 30+ minutes. Your comment about using Neil's death for gain comes from a black heart.

Well, I’m not going to tell you how to live your life, but if I only had a few minutes to spare at work and my phone was dying, I wouldn’t be telling a 30+ minute story only to have to pause right in the middle. It doesn’t make people want to take it seriously, and it looks like you were using an unfortunate situation to make yourself look good. Let me assert here that I’m not suggesting that’s what you were doing, but on the surface that’s what it looks like. I’m sorry you feel that I have a “black heart” for making that observation.

Cool fan fiction, bro.

I believe you are under a grave misapprehension about who you think you saw but are arrogant enough not to admit that you could be wrong, which you most certainly are. The dates alone quite clearly show that without a doubt it wasn't Neil and I don't understand how anyone who knows the facts would take your story seriously, it just isn't possible! Have a nice life anyway!

Cool fan fiction, bro.

I believe you are under a grave misapprehension about who you think you saw but are arrogant enough not to admit that you could be wrong, which you most certainly are. The dates alone quite clearly show that without a doubt it wasn't Neil and I don't understand how anyone who knows the facts would take your story seriously, it just isn't possible! Have a nice life anyway!

A grave misapprehension, you say? That's an interesting if meaningless charge.

I have two eyewitnesses, one of whom got his autograph before I arrived.

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Was one of the witnesses Lifeson? He’s such a cornball jokester that he actually would’ve done that :LOL:

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Well, I’m not going to tell you how to live your life, but if I only had a few minutes to spare at work and my phone was dying, I wouldn’t be telling a 30+ minute story only to have to pause right in the middle. It doesn’t make people want to take it seriously, and it looks like you were using an unfortunate situation to make yourself look good. Let me assert here that I’m not suggesting that’s what you were doing, but on the surface that’s what it looks like. I’m sorry you feel that I have a “black heart” for making that observation.

Please tell me more about your being sorry. I don't follow.

Edited by Dear Sir

Cool fan fiction, bro.

Was one of the witnesses Lifeson? He’s such a cornball jokester that he actually would’ve done that :LOL:

I wish. It was a couple of locals. I ended up working with one of them about 2 years later.