The Self Titled "ASIA" Album Is One Of The Greatest Albums On The Earth! Why Do You Prog Snobs Hate It? "HERE COMES THE FEELING!"

The ASIA Debut LP Is an Astronomical Apex Of An Amazing Album! I'm "Cutting It Fine" Baby!   

20 members have voted

1. 1. ASIA Debut 1982 Album Is Truly A Tremendous Prog Pop Masterpiece! Perfection!

• HELL YES! MASTERPIECE! "Wildest Dreams" Do Come True! I LOVE YOU!
    • HEAVENS NO!!! PURE POP MTV POOP!!!!! A "Sole Survivor" Of Nothingness!

I know we have typed about ASIA many times on here but man come on. I know many of you hate this self titled masterpiece.

Been listening to this record since I was a freshman in high school.

Still fresh as a Rush Record in 2020.

I can't feel sorry for you old stuck up prog farts who hate this record. Four Prog Legends, and yes I love Geoffrey Downes in The Buggles!!! He's a genius too.

The debut ASIA record is a perfect masterpiece.

Do you agree????

You can rip "Alpha" apart. But please leave "Astra" alone. I love that record too.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

When it comes to Asia, the hazy smog of 'prog snobbery' get into too many people's eyes ...... just because the band consists of prog superstars, it doesn't mean that

they have to produce another 'Close To The Edge' ffs! I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is a masterpiece, it is what it is, a damn fine piece of intelligent classic rock.

Considering it is as good as, if not better than a lot of other rock albums out there, I can't see what the problem is (other than the ... 'I'm a prog fan, I'm better than this' attitude).

As far as their other stuff goes, it can be a bit hit or miss .... personally i like Alpha, Phoenix and Omega, but there are other good bits scattered about their catalogue.

• Like 2

When it comes to Asia, the hazy smog of 'prog snobbery' get into too many people's eyes ...... just because the band consists of prog superstars, it doesn't mean that

they have to produce another 'Close To The Edge' ffs! I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is a masterpiece, it is what it is, a damn fine piece of intelligent classic rock.

Considering it is as good as, if not better than a lot of other rock albums out there, I can't see what the problem is (other than the ... 'I'm a prog fan, I'm better than this' attitude).

As far as their other stuff goes, it can be a bit hit or miss .... personally i like Alpha, Phoenix and Omega, but there are other good bits scattered about their catalogue.

Wait! You are my prog brother! You just rhymed "smog of prog snobbery." OMG!!! I LOVE YOU! Don't worry, I think you know I'm normal. You see through my buffoonery on here.

Many understand me. Some hate my guts for being me. It's life. I'm glad that not everyone likes me. It's refreshing and real.

It's is funny, I like "Phoenix" too. But I confess in public, I love "Gravitas."

• Like 1

The bottom line is that John Wetton is a genius.

Crimson

U.K. (a band I'm obsessed over. From Bill Bruford on the drums on the debut to Terry Bozzio on "Danger Money and "Night After Night" Holy Shit. Some of the best prog music every made on the Earth!)

ASIA

Wettons solo career. I have all of his albums. I love "Battle Lines" with Simon Phillips on drums.

"Jack-Knife" 1991

"Monkey Business."

Whatever.

I'm far from perfect knowing my music. Treeduck makes me look like a third grader with a skinned knee on the playground of prog music.

But again to quote Skynyrd...

"I Know A Little."

When I write my book, one year, it will all be on here. LOL!

My life outline in on the Rush Forum.

When my book becomes a best seller I will be giving 73 a check.

• Like 1

Wait! You are my prog brother! You just rhymed "smog of prog snobbery." OMG!!! I LOVE YOU! Don't worry, I think you know I'm normal. You see through my buffoonery on here.

Many understand me. Some hate my guts for being me. It's life. I'm glad that not everyone likes me. It's refreshing and real.

It's is funny, I like "Phoenix" too. But I confess in public, I love "Gravitas."

Nothing wrong with Gravitas .... i think there are worse albums.
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with Gravitas .... i think there are worse albums.

I totally agree Zepp!!

The John Payne Asia is a PAIN IN MY ARSE! LOL!!! Been listening to "Aqua" and "Arena" tonight. Shoot me.

• Like 1

Asia gets a pass for showing that gymnast’s ass in slo-mo as she’s hurdling those TVs in the “Only Time Will Tell” video.

Nearly 40 years ago and I still remember it...her ass, that is.

Just in case you’ve forgotten:

http://youtu.be/NUP849Y0nRA

Not sure what was up with the awkward arm folding thang though.

Oh JB! I've missed you! I'm glad I finally wrote a fuckking thread to get your interest. LOL!!

She has a nice "ASS"TRA!"

• Like 1

Asia gets a pass for showing that gymnast’s ass in slo-mo as she’s hurdling those TVs in the “Only Time Will Tell” video.

Oh JB! I've missed you! I'm glad I finally wrote a fuckking thread to get your interest. LOL!!

I was maybe 10 when that video came out and I was already perving over her! :blaze:

• Like 3

FLUXK IT!!

ASIA finally has an OFFICIAL THREAD!!!!!

"Gravitas" is a masterpiece. JMO.

An English prog pop band writing a song called "Joe Dimaggio's Glove?"

Come on you guys and gals!!!!

"Gravitas" is EPIC.

Underrated.

I am surprised that the song isn't called "Joe DiMaggio's Bat" 56 game hitting streak. No one will ever break that record EVER!

Joltin' Joe was truly in love with Norma Jean. Thanks Elton John.

You do your history too your silly millennials? You morons just want culture for free why you build shitty tech products that don't work. lol

Yes it's true, JFK was having wild sex with Monroe. It broke Joe's heart.

But you do know that Joe would alway lay down 12 red roses on Norma Jean's grave on their anniversary. I think I'm right.

I hope one you cocky mindless fools correct me. I'm leaving this door open for a reason.

So sad.

JFK killed by the CIA.

Monroe too.

Everything I type is nothing new. All the same.

My only point is is that Wetton and Co wrote a song about Joe.

So Joe was born right down the freeway from me in Martinez California. His fishing boat is still there on display in the Martinez Marina.

RUSH ON!

Someone has to keep this place in check with knowledge that no one cares about.

I'm going to grab my 747 Promark sticks and jam on my drum pad to "Anatomy Of A Drum Solo."

Good luck to you all.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Bon Jovi

A horrible album.

I hated "New Jersey" too. Yet all of my relatives are from there. Fuckking New Jersey!

Can't you tell why I'm such a late night jerk?

Jersey blood baby?

Born in San Francisco.

Beer time before bed! YYZED

• Like 2

I was maybe 10 when that video came out and I was already perving over her! :blaze:

Hahaha!!!

I was a freshman in high school in 1982. I get it.

I used to bop the bologna to Dapne Blake! I'm a leg man JB! TMI!

Scooby Dooby DOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL!

• Like 1

That is a Rush book too you know. lol

I've lived my life like RUSH and I am just an "Analog Kid."

Now I'm a "Digital Man."

You would be proud of me JB.

Yet some things can't be typed about in public.

I am a very strong business man.

I LOVE that people on here think I'm a racist, bigot, drug addict, drunk asshole piece of shit.

If those naive idiots even knew about me.

Makes me happy.

I could write a list of all the Rush Forum Imbeciles how have ripped me apart since 2006.

I have a very good photographic memory.

But it's not worth it.

I have to learn to "LET IT GO."

That's on me.......

Love,

Def Leppard

What?

I can't hear a thing.

• Like 2

So getting back to the real thread and it's probably on here somewhere after I saw the show.

This one is for you Zepp!!!

I took my parents out for a wonderful steak dinner in San Francisco.

We then went to the Regency Ballroom.

It was a sold out show.

We had 15th row center seats for ASIA.

it was their last USA Tour before flying over to Japan.

As a rare treat and they didn't do this that much.

It was like RUSH playing "Losing it" on their R40 Tour. Oh Zepp, for your eyes only but others will read this.

I confess. I was third row at the LA Forum for the last RUSH Show. Alex side.

When they played "Losing It' well I fuckking lost it. I cried man. It was a dream come true to see that song live.

I saw three other shows on that tour. Nothing touched the LA Forum.

But now I've lost my train of thought. Isn't that a terrible Dream Theater Metallica ripoff record? HAHAHAHAHA! I fuckkin hate "Train For Thought."

Typical Dream Theater ripping off other bands because they ran out of ideas after "AWAKE." LOL!

Where am I? I need to go to bed? What thread is this?

Am I pissing people off? I hope!

Wow!

So back to ASIA.

My parents I saw and epic last show in SF.

They played the entire first ASIA album all the way through! It was incredible.

My dad bought a purple ASIA watch that plays the entire live concert somehow.

I must find that watch!! LOL!

ASIA RULES!

YOU IDIOT PROG SNOBS DROOL LIKE LITTLE BABIES IN A BIN OF SIN! WIN!

LIVE TO WIN!!!

Check your fuckking opinions at the door and learn to rock.

Signed,

Paul Stanley

• Like 2

Very nice!! ....... music quite good also ! :LMAO:

I was 24 ... already a dirty old man
  • Like 3

So getting back to the real thread and it's probably on here somewhere after I saw the show.

This one is for you Zepp!!!

I took my parents out for a wonderful steak dinner in San Francisco.

We then went to the Regency Ballroom.

It was a sold out show.

We had 15th row center seats for ASIA.

it was their last USA Tour before flying over to Japan.

As a rare treat and they didn't do this that much.

It was like RUSH playing "Losing it" on their R40 Tour. Oh Zepp, for your eyes only but others will read this.

I confess. I was third row at the LA Forum for the last RUSH Show. Alex side.

When they played "Losing It' well I fuckking lost it. I cried man. It was a dream come true to see that song live.

I saw three other shows on that tour. Nothing touched the LA Forum.

But now I've lost my train of thought. Isn't that a terrible Dream Theater Metallica ripoff record? HAHAHAHAHA! I fuckkin hate "Train For Thought."

Typical Dream Theater ripping off other bands because they ran out of ideas after "AWAKE." LOL!

Where am I? I need to go to bed? What thread is this?

Am I pissing people off? I hope!

Wow!

So back to ASIA.

My parents I saw and epic last show in SF.

They played the entire first ASIA album all the way through! It was incredible.

My dad bought a purple ASIA watch that plays the entire live concert somehow.

I must find that watch!! LOL!

ASIA RULES!

YOU IDIOT PROG SNOBS DROOL LIKE LITTLE BABIES IN A BIN OF SIN! WIN!

LIVE TO WIN!!!

Check your fuckking opinions at the door and learn to rock.

Signed,

Paul Stanley

That would have been an epic show .... so jealous!
  • Like 1

Regarding the debut self-titled Asia album, it seems in the 'heat of the moment' music snob critics will find every way of tearing it down.

'Only time will tell' when their opinions change and begin to like it.

I think the music snob critics are getting 'one step closer' to changing this mindset.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Oh I’ve had Asia’s debut listed as progressive pop in my music library for a long time. Great album.
  • Like 2