SOCN

Running Rebel

I don`t think anyone has ever had their mind changed about fundamentals like religion or politics in an internet forum, and the principle for most interactions should be

a) Try not to offend

b) Try even harder not to be offended

I’ve had my opinions changed by discussions I’ve had with people on SOCN.

Me, too.

Yep, I have as well.

In general, the regulars are pretty reasonable and reflective people.

Except LABT with his irrational notion that Chicago Style casserole is pizza.

• Like 3

For the life of me, I'll never understand how people can say something along the lines of, "I've never posted in SOCN, but all the people who post in there are . . . " It's a politics sub-forum. If you're not into politics, there's no reason for you to post in there. I have no interest in Porcupine Tree or Government Mule. You won't find me posting in threads dedicated to them. It's pretty simple. But if you've never been in there, how do you know it's all a bunch of . . . ?

I just knew there was something fundamentally wrong with you but I couldn't put my finger on it until now. :P

Its worse than you thought. Gabriel-era Genesis? Unlistenable.

You'll get no disagreement from me. I'm not that much of a prog listener. Someone once told me that "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" is probably the most progressive album ever recorded and I couldn't listen to all of it. When Marillion opened for Rush, I was confused and unhappy and may have even dozed off.

At Radio City we booed them off the stage. I'm still proud of my boorish actions that day.

• Like 2

For the life of me, I'll never understand how people can say something along the lines of, "I've never posted in SOCN, but all the people who post in there are . . . " It's a politics sub-forum. If you're not into politics, there's no reason for you to post in there. I have no interest in Porcupine Tree or Government Mule. You won't find me posting in threads dedicated to them. It's pretty simple. But if you've never been in there, how do you know it's all a bunch of . . . ?

I just knew there was something fundamentally wrong with you but I couldn't put my finger on it until now. :P

You'll get no disagreement from me. I'm not that much of a prog listener. Someone once told me that "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" is probably the most progressive album ever recorded and I couldn't listen to all of it. When Marillion opened for Rush, I was confused and unhappy and may have even dozed off.

At Radio City we booed them off the stage. I'm still proud of my boorish actions that day.

I get it now, it was a prog fan's wet dream, but I like Rush for their hard rock and Marillion is the opposite of hard rock. They make shoe gazers seem exuberant.

• Like 1

Marillion was the opener at my my first Rush show at Nassau Coliseum in April of '86. I was so psyched to see the boys, I have no memory of them.

• Like 1

For those who have never been to SOCN here are some pics.

Mos_Eisley_Cantina.jpg

cantina-creatures-1536x864-201224740128.jpg

The libertarians plotting against the Progressives.

screen-shot-2015-10-22-at-12-52-35-pm.png?w=807

The Republicans spotting a Progressive walking through the door.

656ed1b97fbcc3c09b66d509bc8e05b0.jpg

• Like 7

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we find common ground in SOCN. :)

• Like 4

I don`t think anyone has ever had their mind changed about fundamentals like religion or politics in an internet forum, and the principle for most interactions should be

a) Try not to offend

Me, too.

Yep, I have as well.

In general, the regulars are pretty reasonable and reflective people.

Except LABT with his irrational notion that Chicago Style casserole is pizza.

There's no requirement that someone has working taste buds so even those who enjoy cheesepaper, aka NY style pizza are allowed to post. They're not invited to Happy Hours, for obvious reasons.

• Like 3

blues-bros-blaspheme.gif

I like Pink Floyd from DSotM to The Wall, but Dave Gilmour doesn't belong in the same sentence with Edward Van Halen.

To paraphrase Clubber Lang, "C'mon 73, get up. I got some more for you. I got a lotta more." :)

Thing is, David Gilmour has no interest in being an Eddie Van Halen type of player, so no, they don't belong in the same sentence, not even the same paragraph. Different paragraphs, both of them real good.

"You wanna jump, jump! Come on! Come on, Rick! Come on!!!" :D

• Like 1

You're not referring to Peter Gabriel, are you? When was he in Genesis?

• Like 2

PG was one of the founders of the band leaving in '75. The great "and then there were three is the first post Gabriel album

• Like 1

I'm just as surprised as you are.

a) Try not to offend

Me, too.

Same here.

I used to think Goose was a cool guy. But my opinion has been changed.

• Like 2

PG was one of the founders of the band leaving in '75. The great "and then there were three is the first post Gabriel album

Oh.

;)

• Like 1

There is no way this is a serious question.

• Like 2

What was your first clue? :LOL:
  • Like 1

Fits in well with the rest of the thread, then, no?

• Like 2

wow this topic is starting to get juicy...

um... that sounded kinda wrong

It's like cage fighting.

Hint:If you think the media lied about POTUS mocking the disabled, it's the perfect place for you.

• Like 1

We at SOCN are hoping you're enjoying this free preview. If after two weeks you want to sign up just PM me your credit card information.

monkey_poo_for_you_pt6_by_jays_doodles.jpg

• Like 2

Listening to Porcupine Tree is a far better use of time than reading comments from a WHO doctor and then believing what she says because it fits a predetermined narrative.

It 's also helpful to have a sense of humor, though its not a universally shared trait there.
  • Like 5

1-0-0 just publicly attacked me for making a legitimate post and I want to defend myself,

Yes, I was banned from SOCN a couple years ago. After many years hanging out there and untold thousands of post I was suspended 2 or 3 times.. Once for calling out bigotry against an attack against an atheist. And the other was for defending an attack against Neil in GenPop by a LABT who hates him because of his political beliefs and I called it out. I gladly took that one.

But everyone who ever posted in SOCN knows there was always a double standard against liberals by 1-0-0 and the mods. Every liberal that posted there was constantly personally assaulted and the mods turned a blind eye because obviously they felt they deserved it. Hell, I was even Doxxed and the mods did nothing.

The mods let the conservatives get away with 8 years of spewing never ending racism against Obama. There was endless birther conspiracies and attacks for being Muslim and so on. There was always some racist posts from the attacks on Muslims (NY mosque) to present day Trump racist propaganda. No one was ever called out once for posting and promoting that racist garbage. Ever.

I was banned for suggesting that some posters motives might be racism. Imagine that! I mean, it was obviously true, but still!

And also, since Trump we have a wealth of social science that actually proves I was right. What I said was a fact. I can post endless material supporting that conclusion as we look at people’s identities. (See:Lilliana Mason)

Other than to see old friends when Neil passed away I could care less about this place. Like the other liberals I moved on long before the ban and rarely posted as it was. This was a legitimate reference To Rush that could be posted on any other a rush forum, but once again, if it hints at anything negative to conservatives it is taboo.

What a joke. Some things never change. The first rule of Rush Club is don’t talk about a Rush, especially if people might find out they were atheists and progressives and abhorred bigots. They get banned.

1-0-0 will delete this I am sure. But it is a fact. We both know it. Everyone I talked to when I came back in PM’s agreed. You can claim to be fair but you allowed endlessly bigotry and attacked those who confronted it. You can live with that, my conscious is clear,

Hey reb!

SOCN is a rough and tumble place, especially for commenters supporting a certain political party. The insults, as you know, are fierce and often.

Just the other day, "pinky moe" took an unprovoked personal swipe at me with a personal insult and I haven't commented with him in a long time. No repercussions if you are one of the "protected."

But reb, for some reason, you got banned for honestly believing a certain political party (political ideology) operates in a certain manner against a segment of the population that looks different than they do.

One wonders why socn is locked behind closed doors. Is it so a certain management group is not aware of the extremism that exists there?

SOCN should be opened to the public for all to see. Other music/ politics forums operate in this manner.

• Like 2

1-0-0 just publicly attacked me for making a legitimate post and I want to defend myself,

Yes, I was banned from SOCN a couple years ago. After many years hanging out there and untold thousands of post I was suspended 2 or 3 times.. Once for calling out bigotry against an attack against an atheist. And the other was for defending an attack against Neil in GenPop by a LABT who hates him because of his political beliefs and I called it out. I gladly took that one.

But everyone who ever posted in SOCN knows there was always a double standard against liberals by 1-0-0 and the mods. Every liberal that posted there was constantly personally assaulted and the mods turned a blind eye because obviously they felt they deserved it. Hell, I was even Doxxed and the mods did nothing.

The mods let the conservatives get away with 8 years of spewing never ending racism against Obama. There was endless birther conspiracies and attacks for being Muslim and so on. There was always some racist posts from the attacks on Muslims (NY mosque) to present day Trump racist propaganda. No one was ever called out once for posting and promoting that racist garbage. Ever.

I was banned for suggesting that some posters motives might be racism. Imagine that! I mean, it was obviously true, but still!

And also, since Trump we have a wealth of social science that actually proves I was right. What I said was a fact. I can post endless material supporting that conclusion as we look at people’s identities. (See:Lilliana Mason)

Other than to see old friends when Neil passed away I could care less about this place. Like the other liberals I moved on long before the ban and rarely posted as it was. This was a legitimate reference To Rush that could be posted on any other a rush forum, but once again, if it hints at anything negative to conservatives it is taboo.

What a joke. Some things never change. The first rule of Rush Club is don’t talk about a Rush, especially if people might find out they were atheists and progressives and abhorred bigots. They get banned.

1-0-0 will delete this I am sure. But it is a fact. We both know it. Everyone I talked to when I came back in PM’s agreed. You can claim to be fair but you allowed endlessly bigotry and attacked those who confronted it. You can live with that, my conscious is clear,

Hey reb!

SOCN is a rough and tumble place, especially for commenters supporting a certain political party. The insults, as you know, are fierce and often.

Just the other day, "pinky moe" took an unprovoked personal swipe at me with a personal insult and I haven't commented with him in a long time. No repercussions if you are one of the "protected."

But reb, for some reason, you got banned for honestly believing a certain political party (political ideology) operates in a certain manner against a segment of the population that looks different than they do.

One wonders why socn is locked behind closed doors. Is it so a certain management group is not aware of the extremism that exists there?

SOCN should be opened to the public for all to see. Other music/ politics forums operate in this manner.

photodune-22081467-little-girl-kisses-herself-in-the-mirror-xxl-600x400.jpg

• Like 4