Absalom, Absalom!

Running Rebel

Saw a reference to this book

American treasure and Nobel laureate author William Faulkner wrote many widely acclaimed novels in the early 20th century but this reference comes from the book Absalom, Absalom! (1936)

Trump’s niece created a fake company (Compson Enterprises) and used the fake family name (Mary Compson) from the novel to conceal her identity as she worked with a publisher to write a new “tell all” book about Trump that is coming out soon. And of course the irony is she chose the names because the book is about a highly dysfunctional family.

I read the book many years ago because Neil Pearl made reference to the title as everyone here knows, in the song Distant Early Warning.

Funny how the world always circles back around.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absalom,_Absalom!

Edited by Running Rebel
  • Like 1

Saw a reference to this book

American treasure and Nobel laureate author William Faulkner wrote many widely acclaimed novels in the early 20th century but this reference comes from the book Absalom, Absalom! (1936)

Trump’s niece created a fake company (Compson Enterprises) and used the fake family name (Mary Compson) from the novel to conceal her identity as she worked with a publisher to write a new “tell all” book about Trump that is coming out soon. And of course the irony is she chose the names because the book is about a highly dysfunctional family.

I read the book many years ago because Neil Pearl made reference to the title as everyone here knows, in the song Distant Early Warning.

Funny how the world always circles back around.

https://en.m.wikiped...bsalom,_Absalom!

Just couldn't contain yourself, right?

You don't have SOCN access because you were perma-booted from there 2-1/2 years ago, and you miss it so much that you just had to sneak a political post into the Rush section. Admit it, your post was not about the Absalom reference, you just saw it as an excuse to bag on Trump when you know literally better than anyone who has ever visited this site in the last 15-1/2 years that you don't talk about politics outside of SOCN. This is a return to form for you after all the good posts you made after Neil passed away.

I'm closing this, then later today I might move it to SOCN. Please don't post about politics again.

• Like 5