40th Anniversary Editions Pre 2112

Rushfanman

Is there any news on the pre-2112 era Rush records getting a release? I know that the current 40th anniversary editions all use the 2015 remasters and I'd LOVE to have the 2015 masters on disc for "Rush" through to "Caress of Steel".

Also the 2015 remasters of their live records on disc would be great too!

• Like 1

I suspect (hopefully!) that the next anniversary editions will be Moving Pictures next year followed by Signals the following year.

I hope they focus on these and produce good box sets rather than rush something out at haste ...... there are next to no decent sounding

shows out there for these tours - there has to be stuff hiding deep in the Rush Vaults!!

Regarding the pre-2112 stuff, a full Caress of Steel tour set would be greatly appreciated!!

I would guess that they don't think the audience for the early albums is big enough that it would be worth all the work that goes into these reissues with artwork, liner notes, etc. The albums starting with 2112 have greater cultural relevance and a wider appeal. The audience for a $150 box set of Caress of Steel is 500 people on this forum.

The debut self-titled RUSH album and Fly By Night were recently released as 40th anniversary vinyl box reissues here and here.

Strangely there wasn't a 40th anniversary vinyl box release for Caress Of Steel, which is noted here.

It appears that every 40th anniversary release after 2112, will be vinyl and CD, with additional live tracks or in the case of 2112 containing cover versions.

Edited by RushFanForever

Is there any news on the pre-2112 era Rush records getting a release? I know that the current 40th anniversary editions all use the 2015 remasters and I'd LOVE to have the 2015 masters on disc for "Rush" through to "Caress of Steel".

Also the 2015 remasters of their live records on disc would be great too!

I'd love to have all of the 2015's on CD. Boxes for each album are probably too much to ask for at this point (I would SO love to be wrong on that one.)An archives release would be great though.

But if the 2015's all get reissued on CD I'd probably not need to by them ever again unless there is anything that is unreleased.

The debut self-titled RUSH album and Fly By Night were recently released as 40th anniversary vinyl box reissues here and here.

Strangely there wasn't a 40th anniversary vinyl box release for Caress Of Steel, which is noted here.

It appears that every 40th anniversary release after 2112, will be vinyl and CD, with additional live tracks or in the case of 2112 containing cover versions.

Every single studio Rush album was reissued on vinyl between 2014 and 2016.(Except for the original Vapor Trails.)

Every single studio Rush album was reissued on vinyl between 2014 and 2016.(Except for the original Vapor Trails.)

Not only that but they completely remastered EVERY ALBUM (save for VT and CA) for that reissue series and they sound great (no compression like the 97 remasters)! I know that HDTracks has those remasters but so far the only way to get a hand of them on disc is through the 40th anniversary editions. Even if they did a basic re-release of Rush to CoS with that remaster I'd buy it- they wouldn't even have to add any bonus tracks!

• Like 1

Not only that but they completely remastered EVERY ALBUM (save for VT and CA) for that reissue series and they sound great (no compression like the 97 remasters)! I know that HDTracks has those remasters but so far the only way to get a hand of them on disc is through the 40th anniversary editions. Even if they did a basic re-release of Rush to CoS with that remaster I'd buy it- they wouldn't even have to add any bonus tracks!

If they just announced they were going to do it without all of the bells and whistles, I'd still be all over them.