What band or artist has the most consecutive great albums?

Wow only mentioned in passing unless I missed it. In my opinion The Stones from Beggars Banquet to Some Girls is pretty much unmatched!

I'm not sure I'd call It's Only Rock And Roll great. Haven't heard Black And Blue.

While I personally enjoy both, I don’t think they’re on par with what came before them. Or Some Girls.

I hear you. But having been going through a Stones marathon of listening later, I might put Its Only R&R as most under-rated Stones album. Really Mick Taylor influenced. I personally love it!

"Great" is such a relative word. I haven't read the entire thread, but thought it would be fun to just run through some of the obvious acts..

Rush's run from 2112 to Moving Pictures is a run of 5 truly great albums. Signals is not in that category IMO.

Pink Floyd had a run of 4 great albums Dark Side through the Wall

Black Sabbath had Paranoid through Sabotage, which is 5, but I'm not sure if I'd call Master of Reality great.

Led Zeppelin only had 2 albums I'd call great but no doubt I'm in the minority of that opinion

I saw Van Halen from Debut to 1984 mentioned, but Women and Children First and Diver Down are 'meh' for me

Aerosmith had a great run from Get Your Wings to Rocks, but that's just 3. Is Draw the Line great? I dunno

The Who from Tommy to Quadrophenia is 3...

Metallica with Ride the Lightning through the Black Album is 4

The Beatles had a great run from Rubber Soul through Abbey ROad. I think that's 5?

No doubt I missed some, but not surprisingly I'd go with Rush's run as THE best with honorable mention to The Beatles and Black Sabbath

"Great" is such a relative word. I haven't read the entire thread, but thought it would be fun to just run through some of the obvious acts..

Rush's run from 2112 to Moving Pictures is a run of 5 truly great albums. Signals is not in that category IMO.

Black Sabbath had Paranoid through Sabotage, which is 5, but I'm not sure if I'd call Master of Reality great.

Led Zeppelin only had 2 albums I'd call great but no doubt I'm in the minority of that opinion

I saw Van Halen from Debut to 1984 mentioned, but Women and Children First and Diver Down are 'meh' for me

Aerosmith had a great run from Get Your Wings to Rocks, but that's just 3. Is Draw the Line great? I dunno

The Beatles had a great run from Rubber Soul through Abbey ROad. I think that's 5?

No doubt I missed some, but not surprisingly I'd go with Rush's run as THE best with honorable mention to The Beatles and Black Sabbath

IMO, A Farewell to Kings breaks up Rush's run. I'd place it way behind the debut, Fly By Night, and Signals to be honest. It's dwarfed by Master of Reality, Women and Children First and Diver Down.

• Like 1

IMO, A Farewell to Kings breaks up Rush's run. I'd place it way behind the debut, Fly By Night, and Signals to be honest. It's dwarfed by Master of Reality, Women and Children First and Diver Down.

It's their best of the seventies.

• Like 1

It's their best of the seventies.

Yes!

...and the rest of their career...lol :P

• Like 1