Guess what Rush song I heard in the store today? Part II

Lorraine

They don't play Rush on the radio. The 4 stations that still do, play Tom Sawyer, Limelight, TSOR, Fly By Night (for some reason) and CTTH. Sooooooo, if it wasn't one of those, I think you're making this up. :dweez: :laughing guy: Edited by Pound of Obscure
  • Like 1

I wonder what are the odds that we'll name all the songs and the last one we name is the only Mr. Lorraine likes?
  • Like 1

I wonder what are the odds that we'll name all the songs and the last one we name is the only Mr. Lorraine likes?

It's the only Rush song he knows. At this stage in his life, he doesn't even remember liking it, but he did vaguely recall it was Rush.

• Like 1

They don't play Rush on the radio. The 4 stations that still do, play Tom Sawyer, Limelight, TSOR, Fly By Night (for some reason) and CTTH. Sooooooo, if it wasn't one of those, I think you're making this up. :dweez: :laughing guy:

It wasn't a radio.

And I don't make things up.

• Like 2

New World Man?

Nope

hmmm, how about The Spirit Of Radio?

channing-applause.gif

We have a winnah!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

:D What a great song! I feel like as a community we don't talk about it nearly as much as, say, Xanadu or Tom Sawyer. Despite being so awesome it kind of falls between the cracks, but my ears perk up every time I hear that opening guitar riff from Alex!

• Like 1

New World Man?

Nope

hmmm, how about The Spirit Of Radio?

channing-applause.gif

We have a winnah!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

:D What a great song! I feel like as a community we don't talk about it nearly as much as, say, Xanadu or Tom Sawyer. Despite being so awesome it kind of falls between the cracks, but my ears perk up every time I hear that opening guitar riff from Alex!

Oh, it was so wonderful hearing it in a public setting. :) :wub: I sang along and tapped my foot and bopped as much as I could. :7up: Then I became very sad thinking of Neil being gone. :(

The Rio version of the song if my favorite. It was going through my mind as the song played in Goodwill. I think the last time I heard a Rush song it was in there too. Whoever does their playlist must be a Rush fan.

Congratulations, EP!!! :clap: :ebert: :clap: :ebert: :clap: :ebert: :clap:

• Like 2

They don't play Rush on the radio. The 4 stations that still do, play Tom Sawyer, Limelight, TSOR, Fly By Night (for some reason) and CTTH. Sooooooo, if it wasn't one of those, I think you're making this up. :dweez: :laughing guy:

It wasn't a radio.

And I don't make things up.

I was just teasing. :)

• Like 1

It's the only Rush song he knows. At this stage in his life, he doesn't even remember liking it, but he did vaguely recall it was Rush.

My wife's not a Rush fan either. Not sure she even knew who they were prior to meeting me 11 1/2 years ago. She still qualifies as the most casual of fans though she did attend 3 shows with me and enjoyed them finding Alex "cute" and said on numerous occasions "boy they are really incredible musicians" (ya think? LOL). All that is a lead up to telling you TSOR is also her favorite Rush song as well. It is a very accessible song to be sure.

Oh, and she was aware of CTTH prior to meeting me but didn't know it was by Rush.

Edited to add that my Mrs. also knew and liked Fly By Night from way back in the 70s but wasn't aware it was Rush. She heard it on the radio often back then so I'm guessing there was a DJ at a local FM station that was a Rush fan and of course that was in the days when FM was quite free form and DJs mostly played what they wanted.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1