This Is For Neil Again! Also For You Syrinx!!! Timing Is Everything!! Red Simmons Pads! 1984! Neil's Best Kit! "RED LENSES" ON THE DRUMS RULES!!

Ok, this is going to be simple and to the point.

I've written about "Red Lenses" many times on this Forum for over 13 years plus.

Neil has hundreds of incredible drum parts in his lifetime.

Neil for me will always be my number one drumming mentor.

To be honest, I have already filed my last will and testimony and I have put in writing that I want my two girls Zoe and Skylar to make sure they put the STARMAN LOGO on the top of my tombstone.

Some of you may think I'm crazy, but many of you already do anyway. I really don't care......

Heck I have fallen in love during a Pandemic. Now I just have to wait to meet her.

But anyway, I know there are so many Rush Snobs and Rush Know It Alls on here who hate "RED LENSES."

It's cool. I can't judge, I just remember the past and what some of you diehard Rush Fans say.

Hey, we all have an opinion. But I love challenging you RUSH FANS!!!

In my brain, and I know many of you might not play the drums or an instrument so I can see why you dislike "Red Lenses."

But to me as a drummer and as a Rush Freak since 1981, when I heard "Red Lenses" for the first time in my 16 year young mind I was blown the fuckkk away.

It was so fitting for me to see the GUP TOUR at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco.

Seeing that drum solo front row because us kids ran up to the stage knocking over people in paid seats.

It was quitte a shit show people as Paul Stanley would say, but I as a skinning little freckle faced Rush nerd lived!!!

A bunch of us "RUSHED" to the front of the stage during "Tom Sawyer."

I was totally shoved into the concrete barrier right underneath a very nervous looking Geddy Lee.

I really thought Geddy was going to stop the show and say something to us kids to be safe and don't push.

But RUSH kept playing their setlist.

Oh and I had nosebleed seats with a buddy of mine.

But what?

Now I was front row smashed next to Geddy.

As a very young teen who was already learning to play every RUSH album on my drums there I was.

I was gazing into Neil's red Tama Simmons kit.

I was in awe.

I was in Heaven.

I didn't care about people bumping into me and smashing me into the barrier under Geddy.

I saw that Neil Peart solo and the whole fuckking thing blew my mind.

The kit slowly spun around.

I believe it was the YYZ drum solo right into the end part of "Red Lenses."

I think Neil did that too on the "Power Windows" Tour.

But regardless....

I was it all with open eyes and a racing romantic heart.

I could cry right now typing about my first Rush show but I won't. I will hold back my "Tears."

Thank you all for tolerating me.

I know many of you think I am crazy, on drugs, a drunk or some loud mouth asshole who LIKES TO TYPE IN CAPS!

Oh well.

It's life.

I will never change, and hell, I am still here typing my rants and chants late at night. Wait! It's only 11:38 pm!!!

I must be growing up. LOL!

f**k THAT!

I LOVE YOU NEIL PEART!!!!

"RED LENSES" IS ONE OF THE MOST INCREDIBLE DRUMMING SONGS ON THE EARTH!!!

It's so fun to play and hell boys and girls. I can play that song on my organic set of drums!!!!!

Love you Syrinx!!

I with I could buy those Simmons Pads from you.

I would have given you what you wanted for them!!!!

RUSH ON!!!

NEIL FOREVER!!!!!

• Like 2

I always thought there something quirky cool about Red Lenses. The bass line is badass and holds it together.

Absolutely buddy!!!! The bass line is killer! A great groove for Neil to go off on. I mean I remember as a kid listening to the very very end of "Red Lenses" and I always hated that it faded out because obviously you can hear Neil doing some of the best drumming ever made on the Earth!!!! I wish the end was extended with NO FADE!!!!!!

But it is what it is. "Red Lenses" RULES!!!!

• Like 1