Brian Howe, Bad Company and Ted Nugent, singer dies of heart failure

treeduck

In 1993 my band got to open for a summer festival show that they headlined in Salt Lake City. They were over 38 Special, Steven Stills, Peter Frampton, BTO, and Steppenwolf. He never came off the bus the whole day until it was time to go on. I had a chance to talk to everybody else from each group at least for a moment.

Sad, Brian was the best thing to happen to Bad Co. in the eighties. Shame they don't recognize any of those albums live any longer. Maybe it's because the new singer can't replicate it. Respect...

I actually prefer the Howe era to the Rodgers era version of Bad Co. Yes, the sound was typical late 80s/early 90's rock, but they made it work. Plus, they put on very good live shows, as Brian How really did justice to the Rodgers material, as well as to the material he recorded with the band. For them, my high point was seeing them co-headline with Damn Yankees twice on the Holy Water tour. Although they couldn't quite keep up with their partners (but who could in just about any band with Ted Nugent at his most furious), but they closed out the shows in fine form.
  • Like 1

I actually prefer the Howe era to the Rodgers era version of Bad Co. Yes, the sound was typical late 80s/early 90's rock, but they made it work. Plus, they put on very good live shows, as Brian How really did justice to the Rodgers material, as well as to the material he recorded with the band. For them, my high point was seeing them co-headline with Damn Yankees twice on the Holy Water tour. Although they couldn't quite keep up with their partners (but who could in just about any band with Ted Nugent at his most furious), but they closed out the shows in fine form.

Yes, I got to see them with the Dam Yankees on the same tour and had the same reaction.

I also agree with you that he did justice to the Rodgers material. I also really liked the Holy Water & Dangerous Age albums. Lots of god songs.

Got to see them around the same time co-headlining with 38 Special and to this day that is one of the best shows I have seen. Bad Co. was great and 38 Special closed out the show - just amazing.

Pitty. Too young.