another Priest vs. Maiden poll?? Phantom vs. Victim

Pick one  

15 members have voted

1. 1. studio song

• Judas Priest - Victim Of Changes
    • Iron Maiden - Phantom Of The Opera
  2. 2. live song

• Judas Priest - Victim Of Changes (from Unleashed In The East)
    • Iron Maiden - Phantom Of The Opera (from Live After Death

Wow, wonder when the Priest fans are gonna show up, lol!

....or maybe they already have :unsure:

These polls are just a question of mathematics. On TRF there's more Maiden fans than there are Priest fans, so Maiden win all the polls. Therefore there's no point doing them.

Are there? Also aren't polls the way of finding out if there are more fans of one thing or the other? There are definitely a lot of Priest fans around here.

These polls are just a question of mathematics. On TRF there's more Maiden fans than there are Priest fans, so Maiden win all the polls. Therefore there's no point doing them.

Are there? Also aren't polls the way of finding out if there are more fans of one thing or the other? There are definitely a lot of Priest fans around here.

Well they don't vote in these polls if they're out there.

You're one, you do!

You're one, you do!

Check the voters.

Maiden.

Victim is nothing but lies. Halford is gay but he's singing about a woman lol.

Why is that a worse lie than Di'Anno or Dickenson singing about experiences with a phantom they've never had? Isn't songwriting often about storytelling anyway? What would songs be like if they could only be autobiographical?

Also gay men singing about women is pretty standard fare for the 70s, it was assumed back then that if you came out as gay your sales would drop. Check out Fat Bottomed Girls or Tiny Dancer. I'll grant you neither set of lyrics was written by the singer, but that doesn't seem to have stopped them from singing the words written for them.

• Like 1

Maiden.

Why is that a worse lie than Di'Anno or Dickenson singing about experiences with a phantom they've never had? Isn't songwriting often about storytelling anyway? What would songs be like if they could only be autobiographical?

Also gay men singing about women is pretty standard fare for the 70s, it was assumed back then that if you came out as gay your sales would drop. Check out Fat Bottomed Girls or Tiny Dancer. I'll grant you neither set of lyrics was written by the singer, but that doesn't seem to have stopped them from singing the words written for them.

I guess you missed the lol I put at the end to indicate that I was joking.

Maiden.

What do you think of the No Exit live album from 1998? I wasn't going to get this one but I looked it up on discogs clicked the "more images" link and now it's on the list! And the list is MIGHTY at this point.

Maiden.

Oh, I didn't take it to mean you were joking, just that your found it funny. Every once in a while internet slang doesn't quite do the job.

the bon jovi-era priest records are pretty beloved here

the bon jovi-era priest records are pretty beloved here

Can you sing?