The frontman poll - 6 of the best

treeduck

frontman  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best frontman from these options?

• David Lee Roth
    • Robert Plant
    • Mick Jagger
    • Ian Gillan
    • Freddie Mercury
    • Roger Daltrey

My fav is Freddie. Always has been. and there will never be another like him.

Mick

So true. Plenty of people have tried to imitate him (including me, of course), but there’s no comparing to the real deal.

• Like 1

Mick

So true. Plenty of people have tried to imitate him (including me, of course), but there’s no comparing to the real deal.

You?

Mick

You?

I’ve been on stage with a microphone a couple of times.

• Like 1

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

Who do you sound like the most?

Steven Tyler should be in this.

It's not supposed to be the ultimate frontman poll, this is just a poll between these 6, that's it. Steven Tyler isn't one of the six in the poll so therefore Steven Tyler should not be in this.

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

I don’t know for sure. My range isn’t great but I can do a lot with falsetto to cheat my way through songs. My dad seems to think my voice is pretty similar to Bowie, and I’ve always found Brian May’s songs are always well within my range.

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

I don’t know for sure. My range isn’t great but I can do a lot with falsetto to cheat my way through songs. My dad seems to think my voice is pretty similar to Bowie, and I’ve always found Brian May’s songs are always well within my range.

When's your band's first album coming out?

It's not supposed to be the ultimate frontman poll, this is just a poll between these 6, that's it. Steven Tyler isn't one of the six in the poll so therefore Steven Tyler should not be in this.

I would take Gillan out. He's not at the same level as the rest while Tyler is right there with those five.

• Like 1

I would take Gillan out. He's not at the same level as the rest while Tyler is right there with those five.

The answer is Percy (Robert Plant), but I was gonna give an honorable mention to Gillan! Back in the day, that guy could really wail. Maybe not the showman the others were.

Edited by Nova Carmina

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

When's your band's first album coming out?

:syrinx:

The answer is Percy (Robert Plant), but I was gonna give an honorable mention to Gillan! Back in the day, that guy could really wail. Maybe not the showman the others were.

Obviously Gillan was a great vocalist back in his prime. I thought this poll was more about showmanship given who is in it. Roth isn't that good of a singer but phenomenal showman. I think Tyler is the complete package as a frontman. An equally great vocalist and showman.

• Like 3

He did a darn convincing job as Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar. Not sure how you do that without being a decent showman.

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

I do a mean Ricardo Montalbahn. You should hear me talk shit to Captain Kirk. :P

• Like 2

Mick

You?

Can you sing?

Decently.

I do a mean Ricardo Montalbahn. You should hear me talk shit to Captain Kirk. :P

http://www.trekp.com/posters/gw177-khan.jpg

• Like 1