Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd

treeduck

Led Zeppelin vs Pink Floyd  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you prefer, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd?

• Led Zeppelin
    • Pink Floyd
    • I don't like either band

This is hard. Zeppelin don’t have a record I love as much as Animals or Dark Side Of The Moon, but Floyd don’t have anything else I’ve heard to compare to Zoso, Physical Graffiti, and Zep II. I think generally I prefer Zeppelin but Floyd always have the potential to win me over on any given release.

I'm rescinding my prior statement. After listening to some Floyd today, I am reminded of how much they capture my imagination. This is not a slight against Zep, I think it's just my inner prog fan winning out. Both bands deserve every ounce of praise they have ever received.

Except WYWH does get monotonous.

• Like 1

This is hard. Zeppelin don’t have a record I love as much as Animals or Dark Side Of The Moon, but Floyd don’t have anything else I’ve heard to compare to Zoso, Physical Graffiti, and Zep II. I think generally I prefer Zeppelin but Floyd always have the potential to win me over on any given release.

I'm rescinding my prior statement. After listening to some Floyd today, I am reminded of how much they capture my imagination. This is not a slight against Zep, I think it's just my inner prog fan winning out. Both bands deserve every ounce of praise they have ever received.

Except WYWH does get monotonous.

Yes, it's probably unfair to compare what to me is two quite different styles of band .... Prog v Hard Rock.

But as a big fan of both styles, the way I rationalised it was -

- are Floyd your favourite Prog band of all time? ... in my case no.

- are Zeppelin your favourite Hard Rock band of all time? ... in my case yes... by a mile.

So that made my choice easy.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Tough for me to choose and if you asked me again tomorrow my answer would probably change.

For today it's Pink Floyd. They have songs that have given me out of body experiences:

Obscured By Clouds

Sheep

One of These Days

The Narrow Way Part 1

Atom Heart Mother Suite

Echoes

Good Bye Blue Sky

Childhood's End

• Like 1

I think Floyd are dull as ditchwater and they come across as Art School tossers...

Not a massive fan of Zep, but I'll take them over Floyd any day.

• Like 1