Rush's first show in America?

dapoopa

I'm watching the DVD from Auburn Hills 1994, and during Lerxt's rap he mentioned that the band's first show in America was "not too far from here, in East Lansing" (at some outdoor place in the mud, was raining blah blah blah).

Is there any documented proof that Rush's first gig in the US was indeed in East Lansing? Or was he just playing to the crowd? Selective memory?

Thanks. It would have been surprising if he mis-remembered their first gig in the US.

Fascinating to go through the list of early tour dates. Of course we all know about their first gig with Neil in the US (August 14).

I'm watching the DVD from Auburn Hills 1994, and during Lerxt's rap he mentioned that the band's first show in America was "not too far from here, in East Lansing" (at some outdoor place in the mud, was raining blah blah blah).

Is there any documented proof that Rush's first gig in the US was indeed in East Lansing? Or was he just playing to the crowd? Selective memory?

If you go to the website and scroll down to May 18th, 1974, there is a link to a poster for the event and a local newspaper article about it. Sorry about the resolution on the article but it is what it is. It's amazing that Cygnus X-1 is able to document stuff so well, his site is really worth a long visit. :heart: (If you really want to go deep down the rabbit hole, there is a site with really depressing photos of the drive in. I might have too much time on my hands these days.) https://www.nailhed.com/2015/04/moving-pictures.html

https://ultimateclas...erican-concert/

https://www.cygnus-x...-05.18.1974.jpg

ftw9Enbh.png

d0eYSHT.png

• Like 2

From the article: "Rock concerts are dying out. They'll be dead in a year or two".

:laughing yellow guy:

I saw that, too!

Edited by JARG
  • Like 1

So where did you get the dvd of Auburn Hills 1994? I appear to have missed that in the collection.

So where did you get the dvd of Auburn Hills 1994? I appear to have missed that in the collection.

It is a bootleg... my copy is called, "A View From The Palace".... in-house vid presumably for luxury box guests.... I found it on YooToob.... Rock on!

RushatRedRocks2010420.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 2

It is a bootleg... my copy is called, "A View From The Palace".... in-house vid presumably for luxury box guests.... I found it on YooToob.... Rock on!

Yep, had it on VHS back in the day. Now it's just a YouTube search away...

• Like 1

Oh. I've seen in on YouTube but he said he had it on dvd? So I thought somehow I missed a release of some kind, like in one of the 40th anniversary album things I haven't bought.