Calling Rod and Rush Fan Forever- Geddy Canadian TV appearance Sunday night 4/26

blueschica

This was just posted in another FB group I am in- there will be a benefit performance on Canadian television Sunday night at 6:30 pm where many artists will be performing from their homes to benefit frontline workers in the coronavirus crisis. Geddy is not named in the list of artists on the web site but there is a screen shot from an ad showing him as one of the appearing artists (and OMG they stuck his name next to Justin Beiber's! :banghead:)

I know Canadian TV /webstreams of live TV are usually blocked to the US. Anyone in Canada willing to live stream this (so we can see like 90 seconds of Geddy? :LOL:). Rod in Toronto? Rush Fan Forever?

More information here- https://www.ctv.ca/S...ws/announcement

OkdWSl1l.png

MYluNG2h.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Maybe the network might post a news summary of the event on YouTube, without geographical restrictions.

It's hard to say.

You don't want to sit and hold your phone up for 3 hours? ;) ;) Yes, I hope we get to see it somehow!

• Like 2

Maybe the network might post a news summary of the event on YouTube, without geographical restrictions.

It's hard to say.

You don't want to sit and hold your phone up for 3 hours? ;) ;) Yes, I hope we get to see it somehow!

Actually I don't own a smartphone. I still use a flip phone. I replaced my flip phone in late December last year after having the prior one for almost seven years.

• Like 3

Thank you, RFF! I hope the Geddy part ends up somewhere!

I was going to try one of those VPN services this weekend to see if that would let me watch it on my computer. Then I realized I have a virtual book group meeting at 6 pm Sunday night and I kind of have to be there. (I might have been that person who said "Sunday night, I never do anything then! :LOL:)

So I guess I will be missing out. It's so great that so many Canadian artists are willing to be on! I hope you get to watch and enjoy it! :)

Edited by blueschica

I was oblivious to this initially.

I found this article here, with mention that Kiefer Sutherland will be a part of the event.

Sutherland was present at the Tribeca Film Festival for the premiere of Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage.

This archived article on Kiefer Sutherland from the Dec 2003 issue of American Way magazine here gives mention of his love for the band.

On a side note, there was a special on CBC titled Heart of Gold: 30 Years of Canadian Pop Music which aired on Dec 12, 13, 14 in 1982.

Donald Sutherland was narrator of the special, and Geddy Lee makes an appearance from the clip posted below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkCajA_ghc

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Would assume it'll be on YouTube later, right?

Later in the week I think someone would put it up.

I'm guessing Geddy's five minutes will be available at some point. Does in say he was actually performing (perhaps a cover) or is he just going to offer encouragement and inspiration with his words? My guess would be he's only going to speak, but I haven't read anything one way of the other.

• Like 1

Would assume it'll be on YouTube later, right?

Later in the week I think someone would put it up.

I'm guessing Geddy's five minutes will be available at some point. Does in say he was actually performing (perhaps a cover) or is he just going to offer encouragement and inspiration with his words? My guess would be he's only going to speak, but I haven't read anything one way of the other.

Yeah, so many artists are scheduled to appear that some have to end up being greetings I'd bet.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a short wave and well wishes from the living room.

A mix bag of performances and self-isolating greetings. But his name draws a crowd so it will help.

So does the Biebs, but a bigger audience needs a wide variety of talent. Like the Levys and Catherine O'Hara.

We Canuckistanians get very excited when two or more of our celebrities do something together. The good cause is a bonus :)

Should be fun!

*walks away, whistling ... take off...to the great white north...take off...it's a beauty way to go!*

• Like 1

According to the stronger together Canada on Instagram it is going to be streamed worldwide I tried to copy the text but couldn't get it to work. It looks like GlobalTV.com is one of the places, maybe. But I also found this: https://qqtvchaneel24.com/stronger-together-tous-ensemble/ Edited by Laurabw

He's just talking. That was it. Had on his arf40 shirt. Edited by Laurabw

I recorded it with my phone and emailed the short video to myself. But I don't know how to post it on here. Cut and paste not working, file is 140 megs - for, like 15 seconds (?)

Edit: And at the end of the show, he was part of a big group (in their home windows) to sing Lean On Me, but you can't hear him.

He had one of his pups on his lap while singing, but even though the whole show was quite a sound engineering marvel, his voice didn't quite mix in loud enough.

Edited by Bahamas

I recorded it with my phone and emailed the short video to myself. But I don't know how to post it on here. Cut and paste not working, file is 140 megs - for, like 15 seconds (?)

Edit: And at the end of the show, he was part of a big group (in their home windows) to sing Lean On Me, but you can't hear him.

He had one of his pups on his lap while singing, but even though the whole show was quite a sound engineering marvel, his voice didn't quite mix in loud enough.

Oh, I didn't stick around for the rest of it. But if you couldn't really hear him then I don't feel so bad.

Oh, I didn't stick around for the rest of it. But if you couldn't really hear him then I don't feel so bad.

I bet the Lean On Me part that he was in at the end will end up on YouTube. I could hear him among the other voices. :heart: I think so anyway! :LOL:

Edited by blueschica