Name Your Favourite Horror Flicks Of All Time

The Cat 3

My favorite PG rated horror movie.

This one below is an underrated psychological horror and the film debut of the great character actor Zeljo Ivanek in the lead role. You’d never guess that the director of this would later make BattleFLOP Earth years later but don’t be fooled. This is a gem.

Poltergeist

The Fog

The Thing (1982)

Alien/Aliens

Creepshow

Pumpkinhead

The Ring

Insidious

Dark City (well, sci-fi/horror)

I'm sure there are many others I'm just not thinking of now that would be favorites. Obviously many would disagree, but to me, Insidious was the first horror film I'd seen in quite a while that actually captured some of the flavor of a classic movie like the original Poltergeist...where we're drawn into the at-first-ordinary world of a typical family as terrible things lurk around the corners of their lives and gradually reveal themselves. I wouldn't quite put it up there with the classics...it felt like they got almost there but a little something was still missing...I don't know that I could articulate exactly what.

I don't know that I'd put Gerald's Game in my top list, but apparently it made an impression. Over a year ago I experienced a night terror about an hour after going to bed (very unusual - haven't had one since and don't recall having any prior). Woke up screaming bloody murder, scared the heck out of my better half and the dog. I had a hard time going back to sleep because I thought the Moonlight Man was in our house. Weird, since night terrors are not the result of actual nightmares so I couldn't have been dreaming about him, but somehow after I woke up, that's what the fear fixated on. For a while, I just laid there afraid to open my eyes because I was sure I'd find him leaning over the bed staring me in the face if I did. And naturally things like that seem so embarrassingly silly the next day. (But then, most things are scarier at night...aren't they?)

horror-film-decorative-knives-knkcreative-crafting-640x535.jpg

Here we go again Net Boys and Net Girls!

Inspired by a post in the Halloween 1978 thread...

Name Your Favourite Horror Flicks Of All Time.

I confess that I have to give this one a little thought myself.

Put your creepy little thinking caps on and have a go at it!

~TC3

(This thread is dedicated to the Duck of Manchester)

The best.

Any Nightmare on Elm Street after the first one is garbage. Yes, garbage. Dream Warriors? Stupid.

Hahaha!!! You are baiting me. Nightmare II was pure shite.

Loved "Dream Warriors" when I was in high school.

Signed,

DOKKEN

I actually just watched this version for the first time. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before. Very good!

Aye good suspense, and Leonard Nimoy was really good as a sinister bad guy.

Just started on one of the movie channels here...watching it again now.

Wait!! SERIOUSLY???????

I was going to mention the remake of this classic film. I just watched it last month. IT FREAKED ME OUT AS A KID!!! Being shot in SF of course! I thought it was REAL! Incredible movie. Still freaks me the fukkk out.

So speaking about horror films.

A few years back when I went down to Pasadena to see ACCEPT, I did a John Carpenter/Tommy Lee Wallace Tour.

I went to visit a small town outside LA where John filmed the church scenes in and outside. "THE FOG."

Then down the street from the church is the actually bar called "The Buccaneer." It's where Tommy shot the bar scene with Tom Adkins in HALLOWEEN III SEASON OF THE WITCH!!!

After going into the bar and taking many photos, I went across the street to get an iced tea lemonade at Starbucks.

Well the guy behind the counter told me that the parking lot I just walked by was where they filmed a few scenes for the original "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers!"

I did the trifecta that day!!

Then that night I saw ACCEPT!!

I miss doing my mini trips for concerts!!!!!!!!

• Like 1