Name Your Favourite Horror Flicks Of All Time

The Cat 3

horror-film-decorative-knives-knkcreative-crafting-640x535.jpg

Here we go again Net Boys and Net Girls!

Inspired by a post in the Halloween 1978 thread...

Name Your Favourite Horror Flicks Of All Time.

I confess that I have to give this one a little thought myself.

Put your creepy little thinking caps on and have a go at it!

~TC3

(This thread is dedicated to the Duck of Manchester)

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 2

I'm not much of a horror fan, but the first thing that pops into my head is The Serpent and the Rainbow, a movie about voodoo zombies from, what, 1987? Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can still see the first-person camera point of view as the bad guy drops a spider onto the good guy's immobilized face. Shudder.
  • Like 2

Any Nightmare on Elm Street after the first one is garbage. Yes, garbage. Dream Warriors? Stupid.

The first one is garbage in my opinion. I just can't buy that whole scary guy in your dreams is coming to get ya!

These days Robert Englund is lauded as some kind of Vincent Price master of horror kind of actor but I never rated him. I could never take him seriously after first seeing him as the friendly lizard alien in the V mini series from 1983.

'78 Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I just watched this version for the first time the other day...CREEPY...great ending!

That's a good one, even Mr Spock is scary in that one. And nothing creepier than Jeff Goldblum at the best of times...

Any Nightmare on Elm Street after the first one is garbage. Yes, garbage. Dream Warriors? Stupid.

The first one is garbage in my opinion. I just can't buy that whole scary guy in your dreams is coming to get ya!

These days Robert Englund is lauded as some kind of Vincent Price master of horror kind of actor but I never rated him. I could never take him seriously after first seeing him as the friendly lizard alien in the V mini series from 1983.

I probably wouldn't put Nightmare part 1 in my top 30 but I still could enjoy it to some degree.

Robert Englund on par with Vincent Price is like Rob Liefeld spoken in the same breath as Jack Kirby!

• Like 1

I probably wouldn't put Nightmare part 1 in my top 30 but I still could enjoy it to some degree.

Robert Englund on par with Vincent Price is like Rob Liefeld spoken in the same breath as Jack Kirby!

That's how he's kind of treated in terms of his appearances in all the low budget crap he's in nowadays. There was one on the other night with a washed-up Brendan Fraser, who I didn't recognise at first. I was like "...ok I don't know this fat aging dude, oh it's Brendan Fraser!" Anyway Englund plays this kind spooky character who's supposed to be scary and charismatic but just comes across as dumb and silly. You know they intended him to come off as a kind of low rent Vincent Price figure though. Robert Englund is starting to resemble the character Roddy McDowall played in Fright Night for real.

There are what's called "jump" movies, the ones where something startles you (like when the head rolls into the hole in the bottom of the boat in Jaws) and those type moves don't scare me more than the moment. The 2 that have given me the creeps were Poltergeist and Rosemary's Baby. Something about those 2 made my hair stand on end.
  • Like 1

There are what's called "jump" movies, the ones where something startles you (like when the head rolls into the hole in the bottom of the boat in Jaws) and those type moves don't scare me more than the moment. The 2 that have given me the creeps were Poltergeist and Rosemary's Baby. Something about those 2 made my hair stand on end.

Rosemary’s Baby scared me so much when I saw all those years ago!

I can’t bring myself to watch it again.

Very atmospheric and truly frightening.

One of my favourites is this one:

CalTWkY.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfor4WYlF5w

That had a stage show kind of vibe which just happened to be in the horror genre. Might've been the low budget but it worked anyway. There was one scene with Hutch being tossed into some shelves or something like that which looked like it was done with you and your pals plus a camcorder but hey, no complaints. Good movie.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

CalTWkY.png

That had a stage show kind of vibe which just happened to be in the horror genre. Might've been the low budget but it worked anyway. There was one seen with Hutch being tossed into some shelves or something like that which looked like it was done with you and your pals plus a camcorder but hey, no complaints. Good movie.

Was that the scene where he comes back to his room and this guy pops up and chins him?

CalTWkY.png

That had a stage show kind of vibe which just happened to be in the horror genre. Might've been the low budget but it worked anyway. There was one seen with Hutch being tossed into some shelves or something like that which looked like it was done with you and your pals plus a camcorder but hey, no complaints. Good movie.

Was that the scene where he comes back to his room and this guy pops up and chins him?

Maybe. I was trying to look for it but no such luck. It's been a few years since I saw the entire thing so there's the trouble

• Like 1

CalTWkY.png

Maybe. I was trying to look for it but no such luck. It's been a few years since I saw the entire thing so there's the trouble

I don't think it's on youtube, or any scene like that. It could have been that scene where David Soul pushes the kid into the wall because he sees he's looking into the vampire's eyes, so he pushes him to snap him out of it?