Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

Ok I've got a box full of Stones albums and box sets all still sealed up but ready to go. A few albums have yet to arrive, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Tattoo You, Some Girls Live in Texas, Aftermath, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang. Also I still need to grab some live packages, and maybe a couple of other things, but everything else is in place and ready for lift off, I've gone from zero Stones to multiple Stones all of a sudden!

That is so awesome! Jumping in with both feet and more. Enjoy and give us your review updates. Satanic Majesties is.....interesting

Will do!

Ok I've got a box full of Stones albums and box sets all still sealed up but ready to go. A few albums have yet to arrive, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Tattoo You, Some Girls Live in Texas, Aftermath, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang. Also I still need to grab some live packages, and maybe a couple of other things, but everything else is in place and ready for lift off, I've gone from zero Stones to multiple Stones all of a sudden!

Newsflash ..... A robbery has been reported at the Amazon depot in Manchester.

Early indications are that the 'R' section of the music storage area has been stripped bare.

Police are warning consumers to be wary of shady characters selling CD stocks from the backs of lorries ..... particularly by artists starting with the letter R.

fools_2693483b.jpg

• Like 2

What about this upcoming album?

81gNc4G2qsL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

CD01 - Ready Steady Go, TAMI Show & More

1 I Wanna Be Your Man 1:53

2 You Better Move On 2:37

3 Not Fade Away 2:21

4 I Just Want To Make Love To You 2:49

5 I'm Alright 2:13

6 Not Fade Away 2:29

7 I Just Want To Make Love To You 1:39

8 Around And Around 2:38

9 Time Is On My Side 2:51

10 Around And Around 2:16

11 Off The Hook 2:32

12 It's All Over Now 3:00

13 Time Is On My Side 2:28

14 I'm Alright 3:09

15 (Let's) Get Together 2:12

16 Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin') 1:47

17 Down The Road Apiece 2:26

18 Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart 2:23

19 Around And Around 2:13

20 The Last Time 2:54

21 Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart 2:52

22 The Last Time 3:18

23 Little Red Rooster 2:38

24 Everybody Needs Somebody To Love 2:09

25 Down The Road Apiece 2:57

26 Little Red Rooster 3:04

27 Play With Fire 2:12

28 The Last Time 3:46

29 Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Goin') 1:28

30 That's How Strong My Love Is 2:15

31 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 4:21

CD02 - The Ed Sullivan Show & More

1 I'm Moving On 2:21

2 She Said Yeah 1:40

3 Get Off My Cloud 2:48

4 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction 2:47

5 As Tears Go By 2:24

6 19th Nervous Breakdown 4:15

7 I Am Waiting 2:59

8 Under My Thumb 3:41

9 Paint It Black 2:29

10 Paint It Black 2:40

11 Lady Jane 3:15

12 Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow 2:35

13 Ruby Tuesday 3:30

14 Let's Spend The Night Together 4:01

15 Ruby Tuesday 3:24

16 Let's Spend The Night Together 3:10

17 You Can't Always Get What You Want 4:50

18 Honky Tonk Women 3:05

19 Gimme Shelter 4:10

20 Love In Vain 3:41

21 Honky Tonk Women 3:13

22 Honky Tonk Women 2:53

23 Gimme Shelter 4:17

Notes

CD01 - Ready Steady Go, TAMI Show & More

Tracks 1-2 The Arthur Haynes Show 1964

Tracks 3-5 NME Poll Winners 1964

Tracks 6-7 Hollywood Palace Show 1964

Tracks 8-9 The Ed Sullivan Show 1964

Tracks 10-15 The TAMI Show 1964

Tracks 16-17 Shindig 1965

Track 18 Ready Steady Go 1965

Tracks 19-21 NME Poll Winners 1965

Tracks 22-24 The Ed Sullivan Show 1965

Tracks 25-28 Shivaree 1965

Tracks 29-31 Ready Steady Go 1965

CD02 - The Ed Sullivan Show & More

Track 1 Ready Steady Go 1965

Tracks 2-3 Hullaballoo Show 1965

Tracks 4-6 The Ed Sullivan Show 1966

Tracks 7-9 Ready Steady Go 1966

Tracks 10-12 The Ed Sullivan Show 1966

Tracks 13-16 The Ed Sullivan Show 1967

Tracks 17-18 The David Frost Show 1969

Tracks 19-21 The Ed Sullivan Show 1969

Track 22 Top Of The Pops 1969

Tracks 23 Pop Go The Sixties 1969

ISBN: 5060209013268, EAN: 5060209013268

Digipak - "From the vaults.... for the connoisseurs"

• Like 4

I've been sorting through my Rolling Stones purchases finally, and I have exactly 60 albums. Some are two versions of the same album, like Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street, a lot of the others are compilations and live albums.
  • Like 4

I've been sorting through my Rolling Stones purchases finally, and I have exactly 60 albums. Some are two versions of the same album, like Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street, a lot of the others are compilations and live albums.

Some of their 60s albums had UK and US releases with different track listings. Did you get any of those?

Some of their 60s albums had UK and US releases with different track listings. Did you get any of those?

No I just got one each of those, like my Aftermath is the UK one and my Between the Buttons is the US one.

No I just got one each of those, like my Aftermath is the UK one and my Between the Buttons is the US one.

Nice collection! The Mono Years box set is a great way to get the variations.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't get into that kind of detail, I had too much other stuff to get.

• Like 1

Ya I guess 60 albums will keep you busy for a little while!

• Like 1

Ya I guess 60 albums will keep you busy for a little while!

A couple of minutes!

I've been listening to the Stones albums over the last few weeks at various intervals, and I have to say I'm very happy with everything I've heard so far. I've got up to 1968 so far.
  • Like 2

I've been listening to the Stones albums over the last few weeks at various intervals, and I have to say I'm very happy with everything I've heard so far. I've got up to 1968 so far.

You're just now getting to the really good stuff. What did you think of their attempt at going psychedelic on Satanic Majesties Request?

You're just now getting to the really good stuff. What did you think of their attempt at going psychedelic on Satanic Majesties Request?

It wasn't bad. I read that Mick Jagger thinks the album is "rubbish" apart from a couple of songs. To me though it's pretty good. I wonder if they ever heard KISS's version of 2000 Man? That's a really good version, Ace made it his own with his vocals and added some bits to the guitar riff but it's exactly the same song. I'm surprised the Stones never did anything with that song themselves.

My favourites so far are Beggar's Banquet, Rock n' Roll Circus (which has a really good Stones set) and Aftermath. Between the Buttons is pretty good too. I also liked the compilations I've heard so far too, Flowers and Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass).

• Like 1

It wasn't bad. I read that Mick Jagger thinks the album is "rubbish" apart from a couple of songs. To me though it's pretty good. I wonder if they ever heard KISS's version of 2000 Man? That's a really good version, Ace made it his own with his vocals and added some bits to the guitar riff but it's exactly the same song. I'm surprised the Stones never did anything with that song themselves.

My favourites so far are Beggar's Banquet, Rock n' Roll Circus (which has a really good Stones set) and Aftermath. Between the Buttons is pretty good too. I also liked the compilations I've heard so far too, Flowers and Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass).

Interestingly, Rock and Roll Circus didn't come out for so long on CD purportedly because the Stones weren't happy with their performance.

• Like 2

Interestingly, Rock and Roll Circus didn't come out for so long on CD purportedly because the Stones weren't happy with their performance.

It's good. The whole album is too, apart from the Yoko bit and Marianne Faithful's voice is a bit quivery.

• Like 1

It's good. The whole album is too, apart from the Yoko bit and Marianne Faithful's voice is a bit quivery.

I think Iommi is on it with Jethro Tull as well.

• Like 1

Yeah but only Ian Anderson sings and plays live, the rest of the band just mime. I'm not sure why that was, maybe they weren't rehearsed?

Yeah but only Ian Anderson sings and plays live, the rest of the band just mime. I'm not sure why that was, maybe they weren't rehearsed?

Actually there's an article about this today:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tony-iommi-looks-back-on-his-brief-stint-with-jethro-tull-i-felt-a-bit-out-of-place/

• Like 1

'Winning Ugly' from Dirty Work was a top 10 hit single in the US, and even in Canada apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFJdpheDs4A

I'm sure the hockey teams probably put it to use.

If you look at the album cover and try to read something into it, it appears that Keith is now in control and Mick has been pushed over to the side.

A knee to the nutz!
  • Like 1

Beggar’s Banquet

Sticky Fingers

Aftermath

December’s Children

Out of Our Heads

Let it Bleed

Exile on Main Street

Their Satanic Majesty’s Request

The Rolling Stones #2

The Rolling Stones (England’s Newest Hitmakers)

Now!

12 x 5

Goats Head Soup

Everything else

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

I was just listening to Live With Me on the Let it Bleed album, and I was just thinking to myself, that's Aerosmith's whole career in that one song. Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

Absolutely Aerosmith rose out of the Stones sound. i am pretty sure they have admitted that. Live With Me is an under rated Stones classic. Midnight Rambler is an appropriately rated classic.The live versions on Ya Ya's are even better.
  • Like 2