Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

Absolutely Aerosmith rose out of the Stones sound. i am pretty sure they have admitted that. Live With Me is an under rated Stones classic. Midnight Rambler is an appropriately rated classic.The live versions on Ya Ya's are even better.

Yeah I liked the Rock and Roll Circus live versions too. That version of You Can't Always Get What You Want is better than the studio version.

• Like 2

I'm not a collector of Rolling Stones albums...yet. I respect the band though and I do like a lot of their songs. So I'm interested in how Stones fans rank their albums. Let's see something here.

Of course now I am!

• Like 1

I've been listening to the Stones albums over the last few weeks at various intervals, and I have to say I'm very happy with everything I've heard so far. I've got up to 1968 so far.

You're just now getting to the really good stuff. What did you think of their attempt at going psychedelic on Satanic Majesties Request?

It wasn't bad. I read that Mick Jagger thinks the album is "rubbish" apart from a couple of songs. To me though it's pretty good. I wonder if they ever heard KISS's version of 2000 Man? That's a really good version, Ace made it his own with his vocals and added some bits to the guitar riff but it's exactly the same song. I'm surprised the Stones never did anything with that song themselves.

My favourites so far are Beggar's Banquet, Rock n' Roll Circus (which has a really good Stones set) and Aftermath. Between the Buttons is pretty good too. I also liked the compilations I've heard so far too, Flowers and Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass).

Interestingly, Rock and Roll Circus didn't come out for so long on CD purportedly because the Stones weren't happy with their performance.

I need a thread, Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kicking back relaxness.

I've been listening to the Stones albums over the last few weeks at various intervals, and I have to say I'm very happy with everything I've heard so far. I've got up to 1968 so far.

You're just now getting to the really good stuff. What did you think of their attempt at going psychedelic on Satanic Majesties Request?

It wasn't bad. I read that Mick Jagger thinks the album is "rubbish" apart from a couple of songs. To me though it's pretty good. I wonder if they ever heard KISS's version of 2000 Man? That's a really good version, Ace made it his own with his vocals and added some bits to the guitar riff but it's exactly the same song. I'm surprised the Stones never did anything with that song themselves.

My favourites so far are Beggar's Banquet, Rock n' Roll Circus (which has a really good Stones set) and Aftermath. Between the Buttons is pretty good too. I also liked the compilations I've heard so far too, Flowers and Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass).

Interestingly, Rock and Roll Circus didn't come out for so long on CD purportedly because the Stones weren't happy with their performance.

I need a thread, Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kicking back relaxness.

the-rolling-stones-rock-and-roll-circus-jagger.jpg

• Like 2

Ian Anderson remarked:

Brian Jones was well past his sell-by date by then… We spoke to Brian and he didn't really know what was going on. He was rather cut off from the others – there was a lot of embarrassed silence. But a delightful chap, and we felt rather sorry for him… I was approached for an interview by a chap from Record Mirror… I inadvertently remarked that the Stones were a bit under-rehearsed and that Brian couldn't even tune his guitar, which was literally the truth but a bit tactless and inappropriate for me to say. This was duly reported, whereupon Mick Jagger was mightily upset. I had to send a grovelling apology to his office.[

• Like 3

Gonna need to relisten to a lot, but here's a list for now:

Let It Bleed

Some Girls

Hot Rocks

Sticky Fingers

Exile On Main St.

Goat's Head Soup

Beggars Banquet

Between The Buttons

It's Only Rock 'N' Roll

Tattoo You

Big Hits (High Tides And Green Grass)

Voodoo Lounge

Undercover

The compilation rankings are based purely on which one I have more nostalgia for.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

On 8/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, thizzellewashington said:

Just coming here to say Emotional Rescue is super underrated.

I was really into Emotional Rescue when it was released.

This rocks

On 6/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, treeduck said:

The Stones are playing Liverpool for the first time since 1971. Mick took a tour of the city today:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10901027/Mick-Jagger-beams-heads-Rolling-Stones-gig-Liverpool.html

58848151-10901027-Stones_on_tour_Mick_to

58848159-10901027-Making_the_rounds_The_

58848149-10898425-Iconic_Jagger_s_advent

58848153-0-image-a-5_1654727305724.jpg

58878045-10901027-image-a-71_16547879687

What? They haven't played Liverpool since then? How's that possible?

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to go to Liverpool for the first time in 50 years. How last minute was this? Was everyone already in the stadium?

Seems pretty last min.  I've had two Stones shows canceled on me.   Once in AC ( hours before the show.  Mick was sick ) and in Las Vegas ( the night before.  Mick's voice was off from the Desert Trip show the week before ).

It sucks because people travel to see bands and postponing blows their travel plans.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2