Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

Hey all you Stones freaks, I still haven't bought any of their albums yet, but don't worry I'm still 100% on board with becoming a brand new Stones freak myself. One day very soon I'll go from owning zero Stones albums to owning every single Stones album, well a LOT anyway, definitely every studio album and a good dozen live albums and some other shite too.

Actually I'm glad I delayed my Stones splurge because now I can get the brand new Goats Head Soup package as well!

Do you know when you might be getting them?

In the next few weeks, I'm a bit slow to get buying shit in this Covid-19 climate, or maybe I'm just really lazy at this point?

So soon! That's good to hear!

Aye!

• Like 1

Has anyone got the new Steel Wheels live package? I'll probably grab that one.

I didn't know they had one. The setlist for that tour was great. Is it from the show that aired on pay per view?

It's a new release, I think it's not out just yet, I think it's out on the 25th.

mm00274961.jpg?width=1200

My dad saw them at Giants stadium on the Steel Wheels tour. He said a guy sitting in his row got so drunk before he came to the show that he passed out in his seat and missed the whole concert. He said people were trying to wake him up but he was out of it. My dad said the guy finally came to after the show was done and the guy was really upset that he slept through the whole thing.
  • Like 1

My dad saw them at Giants stadium on the Steel Wheels tour. He said a guy sitting in his row got so drunk before he came to the show that he passed out in his seat and missed the whole concert. He said people were trying to wake him up but he was out of it. My dad said the guy finally came to after the show was done and the guy was really upset that he slept through the whole thing.

Too much tailgating BUT I don't think they played Giants Stadium at that tour. I saw two NY shows at Shea Stadium.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

Too much tailgating BUT I don't think they played Giants Stadium at that tour. I saw two NY shows at Shea Stadium.

You are correct. It was Shea stadium now that I think back on it. My dad flew to New York to see the show with his friend who lives there and is also a Stones nut like him.

I have only managed to see the Stones once. It was on the European leg of the Tattoo You tour in July 1982 when they played Slane Castle Dublin.

Support acts were J. Geils Band, Chieftains and George Thorogood & The Destroyers. It was a fine day as I recall.

• Like 1

Atlantic City was where the PPV was from. I might have to get this one.

The Stones were on fire this tour. Steel Wheels is a great album.

My first Stones show. We got tickets by calling in to Ticketmaster. They were randomly assigned. My cousin and I were shocked when we entered Foxboro Stadium and were told they were floor seats. We were about 35 rows from the stage.

• Like 3

I have only managed to see the Stones once. It was on the European leg of the Tattoo You tour in July 1982 when they played Slane Castle Dublin.

Support acts were J. Geils Band, Chieftains and George Thorogood & The Destroyers. It was a fine day as I recall.

I flew to Ireland in 2007 to see The Stones at Slain Castle. I caught 13 of their shows on the A Bigger Bang tour.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 4

I flew to Ireland in 2007 to see The Stones at Slain Castle. I caught 13 of their shows on the A Bigger Bang tour.

The furthest I have gone to see them was in 1998 when my dad and I flew to New York City to see them at MSG. My dad's friend (the Stones nut I mentioned before) got us tickets and we went to the show with him. Definitely one of my favorite concert memories seeing the Stones in that venue.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Goats Head Soup deluxe box set includes The Brussels Affair! Just put my pre-order in.

Are you getting the vinyl package or the CD package? I think they're roughly the same price?

I got the cd package and it arrived today! It is a beautiful presentation. Very eager to listen to it and look through the book and posters etc. I am listening to the Stones as I type this. I just f'ing love that band - best ever!

• Like 1

Goats Head Soup deluxe box set includes The Brussels Affair! Just put my pre-order in.

Are you getting the vinyl package or the CD package? I think they're roughly the same price?

I got the cd package and it arrived today! It is a beautiful presentation. Very eager to listen to it and look through the book and posters etc. I am listening to the Stones as I type this. I just f'ing love that band - best ever!

I'll see if I can get that one too.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I am the world's biggest Stones fan but I have had a bunch of their albums over the years.

For me I split the albums into 3 sections -

1. Exile On Main St. By a country mile the best Stones album, and also one of the all time rock greats. A must.

2. Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Beggars Banquet. All albums which should be in any Stones collection.

3. The rest.

• Like 2

Ahoy Rolling Stones fans! I've finally made some STONES purchases. This is just the first batch though, more to come!

Duck! Which ones did you get?

Having watched some of the US election coverage I realised that Joe Biden is the same age as Mick Jagger and KEEF. Now I know Mick and KEEF are looking very craggy these days and they obviously dye their hair, but let's be honest Biden looks like their dad! And Mick can still do all that dancing and jumping about, can you imagine Biden doing that? He can barely walk! I bet he couldn't do it 50 years ago!
  • Like 1

Ok I've got a box full of Stones albums and box sets all still sealed up but ready to go. A few albums have yet to arrive, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Tattoo You, Some Girls Live in Texas, Aftermath, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang. Also I still need to grab some live packages, and maybe a couple of other things, but everything else is in place and ready for lift off, I've gone from zero Stones to multiple Stones all of a sudden!
  • Like 4

Ok I've got a box full of Stones albums and box sets all still sealed up but ready to go. A few albums have yet to arrive, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Tattoo You, Some Girls Live in Texas, Aftermath, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang. Also I still need to grab some live packages, and maybe a couple of other things, but everything else is in place and ready for lift off, I've gone from zero Stones to multiple Stones all of a sudden!

That is so awesome! Jumping in with both feet and more. Enjoy and give us your review updates. Satanic Majesties is.....interesting

• Like 2