Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

Just gave Get Your Ya Ya's Out another spin. It is hands down one of the best live albums ever - by anyone. Captures the Stones at their best. As someone mentioned earlier, Midnight Rambler is legendary on this lp. The new song and video are great. I mean come on these guys are approaching 80! Unbelievable.

Close. They're right before their prime. The Brussels Affair, from the Goats Head Soup tour, is the Stones with their best material available to them.

It is a great live album though.

The Brussels Affair is amazing! I was talking main stream lp's. The Brussels Affair only came out in that crazy expensive box set didn't it?

You can buy it as a double pack with the Marquee Club one from Ward Records in Japan for around $130.

Or I have it on a bootleg CD ( :ph34r: ) for free.

I have had that since long before they released it officially. I might have to do some digging to find it though, at this point. But I know I wouldn’t have got rid of that one.

• Like 2

Duck, have you figured out how much getting all these albums is going to cost you?

Well around £600 which is $730 US using the current exchange rate.

It sounds like a lot but that's ok.

Duck, have you figured out how much getting all these albums is going to cost you?

Have you listened to any of them yet? Or have you listened to any of their songs since you decided to get all the albums?

Have you listened to any of them yet? Or have you listened to any of their songs since you decided to get all the albums?

No but what you've got to understand is I've spent almost 5 decades absorbing their stuff in various ways, TV, radio, other people's albums etc. I don't want to start listening to the albums now though before I get them because it kind of spoils the fun. Let's put it this way I've heard enough to know I'm all the way in on this.

• Like 2

No but what you've got to understand is I've spent almost 5 decades absorbing their stuff in various ways, TV, radio, other people's albums etc. I don't want to start listening to the albums now though before I get them because it kind of spoils the fun. Let's put it this way I've heard enough to know I'm all the way in on this.

Okay cool. Was just wondering how soon we can get a Treeduck Rolling Stones review! :)

Good to know. I actually was contemplating the box set and never looked further

You can download it here. I think this is the afternoon show, the official release is the evening show.

http://rockpopbootle...7-brussels.html

I would rather get a hard copy. I have heard it. You actually got me on a chase and it isn't easy. Nothing on Amazon. On Ebay there is only a Japanese release coupled with DVD of the 71 Marquee Club gig. Which is cool but I would rather buy local

Good to know. I actually was contemplating the box set and never looked further

You can download it here. I think this is the afternoon show, the official release is the evening show.

http://rockpopbootle...7-brussels.html

I would rather get a hard copy. I have heard it. You actually got me on a chase and it isn't easy. Nothing on Amazon. On Ebay there is only a Japanese release coupled with DVD of the 71 Marquee Club gig. Which is cool but I would rather buy local

Yeah I know what you mean. That's the only one I could find as well. I don't know why they don't just re-release it again properly like the other From the Vault ones. Maybe they will.

Okay cool. Was just wondering how soon we can get a Treeduck Rolling Stones review! :)

It might be a while, BUT it will be coming. :givebeer:

• Like 1

So this thread has me doing a deep dive into the early Stones. Going through the mono years box set. Aftermath was truly the first great Stones album, where they found their own voice and wrote some of their first big hits. It is a great album - both US and UK versions. Goin' Home has the beginnings of Midnight Rambler all through it.
  • Like 2

Continuing my Stones music marathon and have to draw attention to an under the radar great, great Stones song - Jigsaw Puzzle from Beggar's Banquet. This song is a driving powerhouse of a tune. Absolutely fantastic!
  • Like 3

Continuing my Stones music marathon and have to draw attention to an under the radar great, great Stones song - Jigsaw Puzzle from Beggar's Banquet. This song is a driving powerhouse of a tune. Absolutely fantastic!

One of my favorites from that record. It just keeps going and the imagery keeps getting more absurd

• Like 1

Hey all you Stones freaks, I still haven't bought any of their albums yet, but don't worry I'm still 100% on board with becoming a brand new Stones freak myself. One day very soon I'll go from owning zero Stones albums to owning every single Stones album, well a LOT anyway, definitely every studio album and a good dozen live albums and some other shite too.

Actually I'm glad I delayed my Stones splurge because now I can get the brand new Goats Head Soup package as well!

• Like 2

Hey all you Stones freaks, I still haven't bought any of their albums yet, but don't worry I'm still 100% on board with becoming a brand new Stones freak myself. One day very soon I'll go from owning zero Stones albums to owning every single Stones album, well a LOT anyway, definitely every studio album and a good dozen live albums and some other shite too.

Actually I'm glad I delayed my Stones splurge because now I can get the brand new Goats Head Soup package as well!

Do you know when you might be getting them?

• Like 1

In the next few weeks, I'm a bit slow to get buying shit in this Covid-19 climate, or maybe I'm just really lazy at this point?

• Like 1

In the next few weeks, I'm a bit slow to get buying shit in this Covid-19 climate, or maybe I'm just really lazy at this point?

So soon! That's good to hear!

• Like 1