Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

Just gave Get Your Ya Ya's Out another spin. It is hands down one of the best live albums ever - by anyone. Captures the Stones at their best. As someone mentioned earlier, Midnight Rambler is legendary on this lp. The new song and video are great. I mean come on these guys are approaching 80! Unbelievable.

Close. They're right before their prime. The Brussels Affair, from the Goats Head Soup tour, is the Stones with their best material available to them.

It is a great live album though.

What about this one?

ladies-and-gentlemen-live-5b2410f20c36f.jpg

• Like 2

Just gave Get Your Ya Ya's Out another spin. It is hands down one of the best live albums ever - by anyone. Captures the Stones at their best. As someone mentioned earlier, Midnight Rambler is legendary on this lp. The new song and video are great. I mean come on these guys are approaching 80! Unbelievable.

Close. They're right before their prime. The Brussels Affair, from the Goats Head Soup tour, is the Stones with their best material available to them.

What about this one?

ladies-and-gentlemen-live-5b2410f20c36f.jpg

Another great one from the "golden era." That's from the Exile tour I believe.

• Like 1

This looks like an interesting one:

singles-collection-the-london-years-4fd8f5cef3499.jpg

R-1872821-1249248633.jpeg.jpg

I have that one in my car. I keep it there so I always have some Stones available to me. No compilation gives you everything you need.

What do you think about this one? I must admit I like the whole gorilla/giant ape concept but I can see how some people may not.

grrr-50bc201485bb9.jpg

I have that one in my car. I keep it there so I always have some Stones available to me. No compilation gives you everything you need.

What do you think about this one? I must admit I like the whole gorilla/giant ape concept but I can see how some people may not.

grrr-50bc201485bb9.jpg

Go with the 80 track version. At least the 50 track one.

• Like 1

grrr-50bc201485bb9.jpg

Go with the 80 track version. At least the 50 track one.

Here's an important question: how good are the extra songs on the bonus disc of the Some Girls deluxe digipack edition from 2011?

Here's an important question: how good are the extra songs on the bonus disc of the Some Girls deluxe digipack edition from 2011?

Those are excellent. As are the Exile unreleased tracks.

I'll make sure to get those versions then.

• Like 1

I remember my dad had this on cassette. Used to listen to it a lot in the car.

I notice the Stones didn't do a Dirty Work tour back in 1986, maybe they should do one in the future since they don't have a new album out, it could be called Dirty Work - The Tour That Never Was Tour.

I notice the Stones didn't do a Dirty Work tour back in 1986, maybe they should do one in the future since they don't have a new album out, it could be called Dirty Work - The Tour That Never Was Tour.

If that means I will be able to see them play One Hit To The Body live then I'm down for it.

You mentioned earlier in the thread about what album might be metal. I think Dirty Work is the closest they get.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

If that means I will be able to see them play One Hit To The Body live then I'm down for it.

You mentioned earlier in the thread about what album might be metal. I think Dirty Work is the closest they get.

Yeah I think I'll like that one, but then I think I'll like them all.

Those are excellent. As are the Exile unreleased tracks.

I'll make sure to get those versions then.

I will second that. The Some Girls bonus disc is excellent!! It could have easily been a double album.

• Like 1

I have been listening to Steel Wheels as part of my 1989 frantic. Bought this album back in 1989, and I don't think I've listen to it since...maybe...1990. Well written songs, not a bad record at all...even so, as many Stones records for me, It doesn't connect with me like It should. Edited by Na na na

I have been listening to Steel Wheels as part of my 1989 frantic. Bought this album back in 1989, and I don't think I've listen to it since...maybe...1990. Well written songs, not a bad record at all...even so, as many Stones records for me, It doesn't connect with me like It should.

So you're not a fan?

I have been listening to Steel Wheels as part of my 1989 frantic. Bought this album back in 1989, and I don't think I've listen to it since...maybe...1990. Well written songs, not a bad record at all...even so, as many Stones records for me, It doesn't connect with me like It should.

So you're not a fan?

Not a big fan...but I have to say I do like 1968-1972 Stones. Those albums are great

• Like 1

The Brussels Affair is amazing! I was talking main stream lp's. The Brussels Affair only came out in that crazy expensive box set didn't it?

The Brussels Affair is amazing! I was talking main stream lp's. The Brussels Affair only came out in that crazy expensive box set didn't it?

You can buy it as a double pack with the Marquee Club one from Ward Records in Japan for around $130.

• Like 1