Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

There's another one, I think it's a more recent concert Sweet Summer Sun Live from Hyde Park, how do you like that one?

That's a good one too. The only negative is they weren't touring behind an album, so the set list doesn't have much variety from what you get on other albums.

• Like 1

Looks like I became the World's Newest Stones fan just at the right time... :D-13:

It's always the right time to dig into their discography. A podcast I enjoy, called Political Beats, did a deep dive into their discography a couple months ago. It was 2 episodes. You might enjoy it if you're just starting to explore their lesser known material (I assume like most people you know at least some of their music).

Oh yeah I've quasi-followed their career over the years without really trying because they're so big. Not in any kind of depth though of course purely in a casual music fan kind of way. So I know all their big hits and most of their famous album cuts.

While I'm a frequent critic of the "real fan," tendency to tout the value of more obscure material, with the Stones there are some real gems that you don't hear on the radio. Most of Exile, other than Happy and Tumblin' Dice, and what was once side 2 of Tattoo You, other than Waiting on a Friend, for example. What I love about the Stones is that when I got the Deluxe Editions of Exile and Some Girls, with the unreleased tracks, you realize how great they are. The songs that didn't make it to any albums are better than most bands' greatest hits.

I also recommend you check out Jagger's Wandering Spirit album, and Keith's Talk is Cheap.

• Like 5

Well, they are better than 90 percent of what blabbermouth covers anyways. I say that as someone who goes to that page regularly for rock and metal news.

For such a huge band to put out a song talking about what many in the world are experiencing right now should be news everywhere. I think the Stones might have one of their biggest hits in a long time with this one.

• Like 1

Even Blabbermouth are covering the Stones today...

https://www.blabberm...n-a-ghost-town/

Well, they are better than 90 percent of what blabbermouth covers anyways. I say that as someone who goes to that page regularly for rock and metal news.

For such a huge band to put out a song talking about what many in the world are experiencing right now should be news everywhere. I think the Stones might have one of their biggest hits in a long time with this one.

This is true.

It's incredible how The Rolling Stones always sound exactly like The Rolling Stones. Good song!

I was just talking to my 14 year old daughter Saturday night about the Stones when they performed on whatever that "around the world" concert show was. She was, predictably, not impressed and suggested some of her favorite artists (she's a pop/rap fan mostly) were far superior. I told her to remember our conversation when Billie Eilish is in her 70s and hasn't been heard from or about in 50 or so years.

• Like 2

It's incredible how The Rolling Stones always sound exactly like The Rolling Stones. Good song!

I was just talking to my 14 year old daughter Saturday night about the Stones when they performed on whatever that "around the world" concert show was. She was, predictably, not impressed and suggested some of her favorite artists (she's a pop/rap fan mostly) were far superior. I told her to remember our conversation when Billie Eilish is in her 70s and hasn't been heard from or about in 50 or so years.

Play her Sticky Fingers.

• Like 2

I like it all! :)

But The Stones are better than most, no matter what time period you're talking about.

• Like 2

Play her Sticky Fingers.

Oddly enough, she has an "It's Only Rock and Roll But I Like It," shirt with the Stones logo my wife bought her that she wears to make me smile.

• Like 1

:mwah: <<< Stones lips substitutes

THANKS FOR SIGNING UP

STAY TUNED FOR THE LATEST NEWS, TOUR INFO, COMPETITIONS AND SPECIAL OFFERS.

AS A SPECIAL TREAT, ENJOY 10% OFF IN OUR ONLINE STORE. SIMPLY ADD THE CODE STONES10 AT CHECKOUT.

;)

• Like 1

The world's greatest R n R band

All that matters to me. The order will change day by day but here's what I care about.

Sticky Fingers

Exile

Some Girls

Let it Bleed

Goats Head

Beggars

It’s Only R&R

Black and Blue

Aftermath

Between the Buttons

12x5

Emotional Rescue

Steel Wheels

A Bigger Bang

I've seen The Stones more than any other band.

Magnificent

• Like 3

Looks like I became the World's Newest Stones fan just at the right time... :D-13:

It's always the right time to dig into their discography. A podcast I enjoy, called Political Beats, did a deep dive into their discography a couple months ago. It was 2 episodes. You might enjoy it if you're just starting to explore their lesser known material (I assume like most people you know at least some of their music).

Oh yeah I've quasi-followed their career over the years without really trying because they're so big. Not in any kind of depth though of course purely in a casual music fan kind of way. So I know all their big hits and most of their famous album cuts.

While I'm a frequent critic of the "real fan," tendency to tout the value of more obscure material, with the Stones there are some real gems that you don't hear on the radio. Most of Exile, other than Happy and Tumblin' Dice, and what was once side 2 of Tattoo You, other than Waiting on a Friend, for example. What I love about the Stones is that when I got the Deluxe Editions of Exile and Some Girls, with the unreleased tracks, you realize how great they are. The songs that didn't make it to any albums are better than most bands' greatest hits.

I also recommend you check out Jagger's Wandering Spirit album, and Keith's Talk is Cheap.

Real Stones Fan alert.

;)

• Like 1

Guitar question how do the non-Keef guitar players compare? What are your thoughts on Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor and Brian Jones?

Put me in the "pro-Taylor" category.

I like Taylor the most as well- but I think they’ve all been great in their own respects. The Brian Jones album I’ve listened to by far the most is Beggars Banquet. Mick Taylor has the benefit of appearing on everything from Let it Bleed through Its Only Rock n’ Roll (and the first four of those six are absolute stone-cold classics)...but Ronnie Wood has played literally everything in their catalog, and has done it all right on.

• Like 2

Real Stones Fan alert.

;)

To be a true “real fan,” I’d need to also say I DON’T like Jumpin’ Jack Flash.

• Like 1