Rolling Stones fans: Rank the albums in order of kick assness

treeduck

Is Flashpoint good?

Flashpoint was given two stars out of five on allmusic.com

One of the strangest things on the live album is that when the band finishes performing 'Factory Girl', Keith Richards says 'alright, let's cut out the crap, let's go'. before he starts performing his vocal song 'Can't Be Seen'.

Then at the end of 'Can't Be Seen', Keith says 'what are you doing out here?' to Eric Clapton, who joins the band for 'Little Red Rooster'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhYVj4Qgjio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2x7h0tmxYs

Those strange words from Keith are enough to create a 'flashpoint'.

I've listened to a couple of songs, seems like the tempo is too fast right from the start.

If you're considering getting live albums, I suggest staying away from most of the "official" ones and getting the "From the Vault," releases instead. Except Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out.

If you're considering getting live albums, I suggest staying away from most of the "official" ones and getting the "From the Vault," releases instead. Except Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out.

What about Some Girls Live in Texas '78?

That's a good one.

Is Flashpoint good?

Disclosure, the Stones are in the running for my favorite band of all time. So I can find something to like in all of their albums. But Flashpoint is an example of what I was saying about the "From the Vault" series. Flashpoint is from the Steel Wheels tour (the first tour I saw them on, in Foxboro). I much prefer Live at the Tokyo Dome, which is the From the Vault release for that tour.

What about the From the Vault Hampton Coliseum 1981?

Similarly, better than the official release, Still Life.

That's a good one.

Is Flashpoint good?

Disclosure, the Stones are in the running for my favorite band of all time. So I can find something to like in all of their albums. But Flashpoint is an example of what I was saying about the "From the Vault" series. Flashpoint is from the Steel Wheels tour (the first tour I saw them on, in Foxboro). I much prefer Live at the Tokyo Dome, which is the From the Vault release for that tour.

I'll tell you what name me your top 5 Stones live albums.

That's a good one.

Is Flashpoint good?

The Brussels Affair

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out

The Marquee Club

LA Forum

Hampton Coliseum

• Like 1

That's a good one.

Is Flashpoint good?

The Brussels Affair

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out

The Marquee Club

LA Forum

Hampton Coliseum

What do you think of the Bridges to Bremen album?

That's a good one.

Is Flashpoint good?

The Brussels Affair

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out

The Marquee Club

LA Forum

Hampton Coliseum

What do you think of the Bridges to Bremen album?

I've only listened to that one once. They're all good, but I don't remember thinking "God, I LOVE this," the way I did when I listened to, say, Brussels or LA Forum.

• Like 1

Looks like I became the World's Newest Stones fan just at the right time... :D-13:

It's always the right time to dig into their discography. A podcast I enjoy, called Political Beats, did a deep dive into their discography a couple months ago. It was 2 episodes. You might enjoy it if you're just starting to explore their lesser known material (I assume like most people you know at least some of their music).

• Like 1

Looks like I became the World's Newest Stones fan just at the right time... :D-13:

It's always the right time to dig into their discography. A podcast I enjoy, called Political Beats, did a deep dive into their discography a couple months ago. It was 2 episodes. You might enjoy it if you're just starting to explore their lesser known material (I assume like most people you know at least some of their music).

Oh yeah I've quasi-followed their career over the years without really trying because they're so big. Not in any kind of depth though of course purely in a casual music fan kind of way. So I know all their big hits and most of their famous album cuts.

• Like 1

Mick Jagger is a freak of nature. He sounds amazing on the new song. Steroids? :huh:

Autotune?

I think it's more that his voice has never been about having an incredible range. You either love it (I do) or you don't.

He has the quintessential rock and roll voice.

• Like 2