Which KISS album from the 80's is your favourite? Post Criss, Post Ace, No-Make-up, Post Vinnie, Post St John, all included.

treeduck

the 80's KISS albums Poll question  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What KISS album from the 80's is your favourite? Post Criss, Post Ace, No-Make-up, Post Vinnie, Post St John, all included.

• Unmasked
    • The Elder
    • KILLERS
    • Creatures of the Night
    • Lick it Up
    • Animalize
    • Asylum
    • Crazy Nights
    • Hot in the Shade

KISS the 1980's albums, which is it??????????????

I've left out Revenge because A it's from the 90's and B it's probably going to win so it's like guitarists who won a Guitar Player category 5 years in a row, exempt from voting.

• Like 1

I've left out Revenge because A it's from the 90's and B it's probably going to win so it's like guitarists who won a Guitar Player category 5 years in a row, exempt from voting.

I think Revenge is an overrated album, a lot of filler on that album

• Like 1

I think Revenge is an overrated album, a lot of filler on that album

Yeah.

Very tough. IMO, Kiss' best albums were released during that period.

It's difficult for me too, I could pick a number of these albums. I think only Hot in a Shade isn't really a contender, and Killers because it's really just an EP with a best of collection attached.

• Like 1

Animalize was my first Kiss album and always special to me......but best from that period probably Lick It Up.

Could only vote for one though, so went with Animalize.

Being honest, I don't really rate the albums after that..too much filler for me.

Revenge is ok'ish and saw them in the UK on that tour in 92. Whitley Bay Ice Rink

They brought the Hot in the Shade stage set (yeah, a bit strange) and remember Gene bumping his head on the Sphinx as they made their grand entrance. Spoiled the moment a bit

Edited by alpha p
  • Like 3

Lick It Up was the most solid top to bottom. It's too bad they couldn't continue working with Vinnie because his songwriting gave KISS an edge that they were sorely lacking for the rest of the 80s.
  • Like 1

I just want to mention I still have my Animalize tour t-shirt from 1984. It's the oldest rock t-shirt that still survives and still fits! When I first got it it was scratchy as hell but now it's super comfortable after being worn down with countless washes. And it's a little ripped up on the arms but that just makes it look cooler. :cool:
  • Like 1

I just want to mention I still have my Animalize tour t-shirt from 1984. It's the oldest rock t-shirt that still survives and still fits! When I first got it it was scratchy as hell but now it's super comfortable after being worn down with countless washes. And it's a little ripped up on the arms but that just makes it look cooler. :cool:

That's fuckinggg awesome Pat! You ANIMAL!

• Like 1

I love that "Asylum" has two votes.

That was the first tour that I saw. Sad but true. WASP opened.

It was incredible.

The Cow Palace was half empty. Even Paul bitched about it but was great to the fans who were there that night.

I'm just happy I saw an Eric Carr drum solo. Holy Shit. Very Neilish with the RED SIMMONS PADS!

Proud to have seen every drummer in KISS.

Peter

Eric Carr

Eric Singer

• Like 2

I like wearing it actually because it looks f***ed up! :16ton:

I've gone with The Elder, but I'm not sure, so I could change the vote yet.

Holy Shit. We have this in common. We typed about it.

"The Elder" it is.

We are concept album whores. F the masses.

Aye!

"Creatures Of The Night" has to be mentioned. EPIC RETURN TO METAL!

There's a lot of good choices possible here, I could pick six or seven different albums and feel like I probably picked the right one.

• Like 1

Hahaha! Awesome!

• Like 1

Hahaha! Awesome!

YOU BEAST!!!

I'm on lockdown and falling for a killer chick dude.

• Like 1