Is this fair? Live After Death vs. Unleashed In The East!

choose one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
    • Iron Maiden - Live After Death

As for the OP's question, this poll is not fair. "Priest Live" as well as the bonus disc with the Turbo deluxe edition would be a more fair match up, since they allow Priest to access their best albums (British Steel - Turbo).

Unfortunately I haven't yet heard that one, but I will get around to it sometime!

As for the OP's question, this poll is not fair. "Priest Live" as well as the bonus disc with the Turbo deluxe edition would be a more fair match up, since they allow Priest to access their best albums (British Steel - Turbo).

it's not good unless it was played on mtv, after all

I don't suppose the Beatles ever played on MTV?

who?

• Like 1

who?

No, wrong British invasion band.

• Like 1

I thought I said "best." Did you misunderstand me to be saying anything that isn't their "best" is "not good?"

who?

No, wrong British invasion band.

To be fair, he might not be familiar with either of those bands. Too many people bought their albums. Not enough street cred.

• Like 1

I thought I said "best." Did you misunderstand me to be saying anything that isn't their "best" is "not good?"

relax, dick

relax, dick

Rick.

relax, dick

Rick.

the keys are close together. a typo, I swear!

relax, dick

Rick.

Some Richards do go by "Dick," so its understandable.

I think Running Free from LAD sucks.

Because of the extended/tedious audience sing off? It's true that what is essentially a punk song with guitar solo loses some of its punch when it's like nine minutes long, but LAD has so many high highs.

I can't vote in this. I think they're even. I do however wish Unleashed In The East was a double, with Beyond The Realms of death on it! :haz:

Can't say I'm really wanting for any other tracks on Live After Death. It's got all the best cuts from Number, Piece, and Power, plus some great songs from the first two.

relax, dick

Rick.

Some Richards do go by "Dick," so its understandable.

And you aren’t one to go by Dick I’ve heard...

Ah-ha! I've tied the vote! Unleashed may be shorter and I may wish it had some deeper cuts (or at least something else from Stained Class), but Halford's just leaving everyone else in the dust on this one, and hearing Les Binks on the Sad Wings Of Destiny material is a real treat! Also Dickenson, though he's giving a great performance on Live After Death, has obviously lost the top end of his voice and it does detract from the record a bit.

Very close though!

Ah-ha! I've tied the vote! Unleashed may be shorter and I may wish it had some deeper cuts (or at least something else from Stained Class), but Halford's just leaving everyone else in the dust on this one, and hearing Les Binks on the Sad Wings Of Destiny material is a real treat! Also Dickenson, though he's giving a great performance on Live After Death, has obviously lost the top end of his voice and it does detract from the record a bit.

Very close though!

At least Bruce's voice is real on the recording and it does sound like it's actually live unlike Priest's studio magic "live" album.

Very close though!

At least Bruce's voice is real on the recording and it does sound like it's actually live unlike Priest's studio magic "live" album.

Playing devil's advocate over here I see.

Very close though!

Playing devil's advocate over here I see.

Or just going by what Halford said about having to re-do the vocals in a "live like" setting because the original recording of his vocals got screwed up.

I generally prefer Judas Priest but for this I prefer Maiden and Live After Death. Its been said by others but Unlashed just does not feel live, just like ESL does not feel live to me.

Bruce's voice is not this best for this show. My advice is get the DVD for Live After Death and than watch the film of their performance at Rock in Rio. That was a show!!!

Then get just about any other Priest live album. Put any of them against Live After Death and Priest gets my vote.