Is this fair? Live After Death vs. Unleashed In The East!

choose one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
    • Iron Maiden - Live After Death

And the parallels between these bands are always more than I previously thought. Both bands released their first major live album after their 5th studio album, in either case capping off the most critically acclaimed chapter of their career. Which do you prefer? (of course one is a double...so that may sway the votes)

Maybe for nostalgia/moment in time reasons, but I would go with Live After Death.

Still recall buying the album on a lunchtime from college and being in awe when I got home, gatefold sleeve plus a colour book, and that was before putting it on the turntable......"we shall go on to the end........we shall never surrender"

First Maiden tour we got to was Powerslave in Newcastle 84

Edited by alpha p
  • Like 2

There's no way in hell that Judas Priest is better than Maiden in any criteria whatsoever.

Oh gosh ... Really?

I mean... I love both, probably Maiden the most, but Priest get so much right so often lol

• Like 1

Live After Death.

And not because there's more of it; the diversity of stuff (lyrically, sonically) is better.

Live After Death was an important album to me in my mid-teens; I still remember taking that cassette on a family vacation, setting a small boom box on the floor on my side of the bed in the hotel room (my brother wasn't a fan) and listening to it at night when I fell asleep.

• Like 2

Unleashed In The Studio for me. Only because it was the second live album I bought with my own money (the first being ESL).

Live After Death is however, amazing.

There's no way in hell that Judas Priest is better than Maiden in any criteria whatsoever.

I feel that way now. In the 80's not so much. Always thought that Glenn and KK were better guitar players than Dave and Adrian. Halfor as a singer had the edge for me.

After 2000, when both bands were 'revived', and with hindsight, It's Maiden all the way for me. Pseudo-prog, and just all around goodness. Though one can't deny that Priest is still a force.

Iron Maiden wants you for dead!!!

Up The Irons!

AYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREAM FOR ME RUSHFORUM!!!!

SCREAM FOR ME RUSHFORUM!!!

• Like 4