For KISS freaks: Which album represents Ace Frehley's best performance with KISS?

treeduck

Ace Frehley's best performance on album?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which studio album represents Ace Frehley's best performance with KISS?

• KISS
    • Hotter Than Hell
    • Dressed to Kill
    • Destroyer
    • Rock and Roll Over
    • Love Gun
    • Dynasty
    • Unmasked
    • The Elder

His solo album would probably be the obvious choice here but that's not with KISS that's with other musicians, although I do think of it as a KISS album. Anyway we know that one would win so I've not included it in the poll. So which is it?
  • Like 1

Hotter Than Hell...

Ace wrote 2 great songs on this album, “Parasite” (which he played lead guitar and bass on) and “Strange Ways” and co-wrote “Comin’ Home” with Paul Stanley.

His playing was heavier and more prominent on this album and not quite as slick as on “Destroyer”, “Rock and Roll Over” and “Love Gun”.

I have to agree with with ReRushed in regards to “Shock Me”, as it is the quintessential Ace Frehley song.

• Like 2

Ace Frehley's first solo album is the best out of all the members, in which they were all released around the same time.

Yeah but I've explained already that we're not talking about that album because it's solo and not with all four members of KISS.

Hotter Than Hell...

Ace wrote 2 great songs on this album, “Parasite” (which he played lead guitar and bass on) and “Strange Ways” and co-wrote “Comin’ Home” with Paul Stanley.

His playing was heavier and more prominent on this album and not quite as slick as on “Destroyer”, “Rock and Roll Over” and “Love Gun”.

I have to agree with with ReRushed in regards to “Shock Me”, as it is the quintessential Ace Frehley song.

I considered Hotter Than Hell because of "Parasite".

• Like 1

Dressed To Kill, for his Beautiful opening accoustic piece to Rock Bottom.

3i9UN2D.gif

• Like 3

One of the 3 first albums would all be great choices...I'm going with Unmasked this time. Talk To Me, Two Sides Of The Coin & Torpedo Girl Edited by Na na na
  • Like 2

I voted (first to, in fact) but my post seems to have disappeared! I went with Destroyer, but said I could be talked into Love Gun.

Since I have the benefit of reading others' posts, the first three are good shouts -- and I do love that guitar breakdown in "Cold Gin," but I'd still go for the Alive II era.

• Like 1

One of the 3 first albums would all be great choices...I'm going with Unmasked this time. Talk To Me, Two Sides Of The Coin & Torpedo Girl

Good choice. I think Ace had more confidence after the success of his solo album.

• Like 1

Hotter Than Hell...

I love Parasite as well.

My only issue with that album is the production. It sounds to me like it was recorded on a Radio Shack cassette recorder.

• Like 2

Hotter Than Hell...

I love Parasite as well.

My only issue with that album is the production. It sounds to me like it was recorded on a Radio Shack cassette recorder.

If you listen to the album on a high resolution speakers or headphones it's really bad, sounds better on a not so revealing system or headphone

Edited by Na na na
  • Like 1

One of the 3 first albums would all be great choices...I'm going with Unmasked this time. Talk To Me, Two Sides Of The Coin & Torpedo Girl

Good choice. I think Ace had more confidence after the success of his solo album.

Agreed...I like his songs on Dynasty as well, Hard Times is on of my fave Ace songs

• Like 2

Agreed...I like his songs on Dynasty as well, Hard Times is on of my fave Ace songs

Yeah so it comes to down a few considerations with this poll, there's lots of legitimate choices, which is why I haven't voted yet.

• Like 1

Hotter Than Hell...

I love Parasite as well.

If you get a chance, track down the Japanese SHM CD version...sounds just beautiful!
  • Like 2