Priest fans, name your top 5 Priest albums

treeduck

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Painkiller but I think a lot of people who got into the band after 1990 rate it a little too high. And most of the big Painkiller fanatics weren't into Priest in the 70's or the 80's, or they weren't around then.
  • Like 1

Sad Wings of Destiny

Painkiller

Stained Class

Sin After Sin

Killing Machine (Hell Bent for Leather)

I've never had Painkiller in my top 5 and it's not even in my top 10 these days. I do really like the album though, there's just so many better ones in the Priest canon.

Like Firepower!

Aye!

Good album, but not even in the same league with Painkiller.

To me Painkiller seems a bit too much of a reaction to criticism of Turbo and Ram it Down and other stuff (let's show those thrash metal bands), a try-hard album, a little bit forced and by numbers. I still like it though.

I think it hangs with most of the big thrash records. Maybe not Rust In Peace, but it holds its own against Persistence Of Time, Seasons In The Abyss, and ...And Justice For All.

I never really thought to compare Painkiller to those albums in terms of thrashiness. Painkiller does have thrash in it but not in the way those other albums do.

Here's the Priest top 5 I currently have:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Killing Machine

4. Sin After Sin

5. Screaming For Vengeance

1. Sad Wings Of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Sin After Sin

4. Killing Machine

5. British Steel

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Painkiller but I think a lot of people who got into the band after 1990 rate it a little too high. And most of the big Painkiller fanatics weren't into Priest in the 70's or the 80's, or they weren't around then.

I love "Painkiller" too. One of the greatest comeback records on the planet. Ensnaring the services of Scott Travis really put the balls back in the band.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

It's weird, I love Painkiller but know exactly what you mean.

• Like 1

Here's the Priest top 5 I currently have:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Killing Machine

4. Sin After Sin

5. Screaming For Vengeance

1. Sad Wings Of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Sin After Sin

4. Killing Machine

5. British Steel

Very close!

Yeah it's a good album, there's lots of great stuff on it and I enjoy it but I think 11th place is a solid spot for it. Sometimes I have it below Point of Entry and Rocka Rolla, but not right now.

I love "Painkiller" too. One of the greatest comeback records on the planet. Ensnaring the services of Scott Travis really put the balls back in the band.

It's a great album. We're just talking degrees here.

Yeah it's a good album, there's lots of great stuff on it and I enjoy it but I think 11th place is a solid spot for it. Sometimes I have it below Point of Entry and Rocka Rolla, but not right now.

I love Point Of Entry so much.

• Like 1

Yeah there's just one track that doesn't do it for me, You Say Yes. Everything else is great.

• Like 2

Yeah there's just one track that doesn't do it for me, You Say Yes. Everything else is great.

I like that song but it always sounds a little clunky to my ears in the chorus.

I need more Priest in my daily routine. Time I got my box set out!

I like that song but it always sounds a little clunky to my ears in the chorus.

I need more Priest in my daily routine. Time I got my box set out!

Before you get it try this, old men playing POWER JAZZ! Look out for the guitar solo it'll melt your brain!

• Like 1

Agree, that one’s a bit weakish. Love the album though.

• Like 1

For picking, and choosing to name my top five Judas Priest c.ds, and albums, I'm not, and haven't been able to do, but when Tim "Ripper" Owens, was the lead singer on "Jugulator", and "Demolition", it wouldn't, and not include either, and both of those on it, though. Edited by Derek19

Agreed.

Here's mine...

Sin After Sin

Stained Class

Point of Entry

Defenders Of The Faith... lots of good memories of cruising to Seattle with this one.

Firepower

• Like 2