The Cat 3

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Your Fav?

• Cheap Trick
    • In Color
    • Heaven Tonight
    • At Budokan
    • Dream Police

In Color, though my favorite song is from their first album, He's a Whore. I remember looking at that album cover (In Color) as a kid (older brother's record collection) thinking the two guys on the cycles look so cool, and thinking how funny/clever that they presented the nerdy guys on the back on bicycles in black and white. I always liked that underlying joke with Cheap Trick, that they band was two sides, cool and dorky (even though in reality they were all very cool). Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2

I only know Dream Police and Live At Budokhan.

I’ll offer Dream Police some love fore the time being. That record’s phenomenal!

• Like 1

The debut is one of my favourite records. "Hot Love" rocks. :haz:

Budokan is almost as great, and has the kick-ass "Lookout". Zander kills on this tune...and plays a mean out-of-tune guitar. :LOL:

Kicking ass on Conan, '98. Saw this at the time and it got me back into the band.

They played through their first four albums one weekend in the late 90s, and complied a live cd/dvd called "Music for Hangovers" which is really good, and has a fun band commentary track. Worth checking out if you like the early stuff.

• Like 2

Listened to these albums again for the first time in a long time. Changed my vote to Budokan even though it feels like cheating a bit being sort of a greatest hits from their best years. If sticking with studio I'd change from In Color to Heaven Tonight, though any of the first three would be a good choice; I always thought with Dream Police that they had strayed too much from power and too close to pop.
  • Like 1

I was listening to them last night. They were really very good. Especially their drummer.

Don't know why I didn't get more into them back then. The only reason I can think is that they were one of how many great bands around at the same time.

I only know Dream Police and Live At Budokhan.

I’ll offer Dream Police some love fore the time being. That record’s phenomenal!

:yes: