Which of these guitarists that emerged in the 60's or 70's is one that stands out from this group for you? (part 6)

treeduck

guitar poll part six  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your pick from these guitar players?

• Ronnie Montrose
    • Eddie Clarke
    • Mick Ronson
    • Carlos Santana
    • Billy Gibbons
    • Peter Frampton
    • George Harrison
    • Alvin Lee
    • Tom Scholz
    • Frank Zappa
    • Ace Frehley
    • Paul Kossoff
    • Buck Dharma
    • Steve Miller
    • Rich Williams
    • Uli Jon Roth

You're killing me here!

Ugh, if I have to choose one... Gibbons. I know of a lot of guitarists who are probably as great as him, but not so many who made multiple hit singles out of songs that feature more guitar solos than vocals!

• Like 1

You're killing me here!

Ugh, if I have to choose one... Gibbons. I know of a lot of guitarists who are probably as great as him, but not so many who made multiple hit singles out of songs that feature more guitar solos than vocals!

Very unique guitar tone too. Nobody else sounds like Gibbons.

• Like 3

gibbons is probably the last blues player in history who was actually interesting to my ears, but zappa's on a whole other level. throwing in the odd prog rock/fusion player is just unfair among all the straight rockers
  • Like 2

fast eddie is sort of like a punk rock billy gibbons, he's easily got the most rocking tone here. gibbons sort of lost his personality after the 70s, although thats not to say eliminator isnt a good record

good polls, this is the most I've thought in weeks

• Like 2

gibbons is probably the last blues player in history who was actually interesting to my ears, but zappa's on a whole other level. throwing in the odd prog rock/fusion player is just unfair among all the straight rockers

Yeah I agree about Zappa but his weirdness in some people's eyes evens that out because they don't get him, even though he's good, and they just won't vote for him.