Last Concert Video/Movie Watched.

pjbear05

I returned to Get Back for a second (or maybe 3rd) viewing.  Just watched about half of the first part last night.  It is such a goddamn treasure trove right from the start.  Someone asking who the Hare Krishna guy is in the corner and I think John answering "one of George's friends" and Paul immediately coming back with "he's very clean" - a very funny reference to Hard Day's Night.  They were just so damn funny and cool, even when they weren't getting along 100%.  It also struck me that the whole film is a "making of" Let It Be...but also of Abbey Road, which is so amazing.  And as on my first viewing, I am just so blown away by Paul's wellspring of creativity.  It's really astounding.

• Like 3

Under the Volcano Documentary.

Man ,Monserrat rocked.. Arguably some of the best material ever came out of there. God bless the SSLs. 

Monserrat & LeStudio will never be replicated again technology, quality, tranquility, ambience, relaxation, a perfect mix for many of the best hits, albums ever to be recorded

Streamed Phish the other night from Seattle.   Their new lighting rig is incredible.  Each tour their lighting director keeps upping his game.

Looking forward to four nights at MSG this summer.

Edited by custom55

cover.jpg

I watched this twice - spectacular. The only criticism I have is that two tracks are relegated to the Bonus section, and not all the songs are in the order they were performed at the show (I understand the reason behind this)

On 4/15/2023 at 8:24 AM, Timbale said:

I returned to Get Back for a second (or maybe 3rd) viewing.  Just watched about half of the first part last night.  It is such a goddamn treasure trove right from the start.  Someone asking who the Hare Krishna guy is in the corner and I think John answering "one of George's friends" and Paul immediately coming back with "he's very clean" - a very funny reference to Hard Day's Night.  They were just so damn funny and cool, even when they weren't getting along 100%.  It also struck me that the whole film is a "making of" Let It Be...but also of Abbey Road, which is so amazing.  And as on my first viewing, I am just so blown away by Paul's wellspring of creativity.  It's really astounding.

It really is astounding to watch Paul just killing time noodling around and come up with yet another brilliant song.  And yes, the way the lads interacted was so full of fun and clever wit.  I have a cadre of friends from high school and we're still like that.  Makes me smile just thinking of it

• Like 2