Last Concert Video/Movie Watched.

pjbear05

Don't know why this topic hasn't been posted, so I'll kick it off.

Local PBS station showed Pink Floyd's 1989 Venice concert, of course interspersed by shills for donations.

Have to admit, the lads and ladies were not at their best that evening. A bit of energy was definitely missing. I need to play my Pulse DVD to get it back.

So what are you watching?

• Like 2

I watched part of the Time Machine tour today. I had to turn it off after "Time Stand Still". It's an emotional song anyway and it hit me hard for some reason- loss of Neil, worries about family, or something. It's such a beautiful song.
  • Like 3

Recently I rediscovered and viewed Huey Lewis And The News ‎– The Heart Of Rock 'N' Roll.

It's a concert video filmed in February 1985 at Kabuki Theater in San Francisco from a date on the band's two year 1984-85 Sports Tour, which has never been reissued on DVD. It's on YouTube

This won a Grammy Award for Best Music Video, Long Form noted here.

When I entered high school in the late 80's, I joined band class and played electric bass guitar until I graduated.

The repertoire consisted of classical, jazz, musicals and show tunes, 50's and 60's rock 'n' roll, pop, doo-wop, and tonnes of Beatles songs that the band class had to perform. At the time, I had zero appreciation and tolerance for any of this music. I had to 'grin and bear it' each year.

As well, the band teacher had the class view The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night (film), The Best Of Victor Borge Act One & Two, and Phantom of the Opera.

One day, I'm exploring the back room and there's all this sheet music of 80's songs, including 'The Power of Love' by Huey Lewis & the News. I was thinking to myself "Why can't the band class play this song and other cool ones instead?" I was at a phase in teenage life where I wanted to perform the current hits from my generation.

Across the street from high school, there was a video rental store. During lunch break, I rented a VHS copy of Huey Lewis And The News ‎– The Heart Of Rock 'N' Roll. I returned and asked the band teacher if the class could watch this. He said 'yes' and everyone dug it.

I recently discovered that Huey Lewis has a lot of big band jazz, doo-wop, and r&b influences as noted

and
. This is music that I initially couldn't stand as mentioned. The irony is that I dug Huey Lewis & the News radio friendly modern new wave potpourri of musical gumbo.

Later on as an adult, I began to appreciate all different genres of music.

Just wanted to share this.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

The last two nights:

The Cure - Trilogy. Three albums back to back, plus a killer encore

David Gilmour - Live at Pompeii. Great show showcasing his last album with a few choice Floyd cuts

I don’t remember the last time I watched a concert video all the way through. As much as I would enjoy it, there is just precious little time.

Probably R40, about three years ago.

• Like 2

Using this 'downtime' to drag out some music DVDs/BluRays I haven't watched for ages.

Today it was Robben Ford - In Concert Revisited. Live in Germany from the 'Tiger Talk' tour

A few years ago on Showtime:

%20https%3A//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/10/Poster_of_the_movie_Sign_o%27_the_Times.jpg

I watched it a few months ago.
  • Like 1

Phil Keaggy - An Evening Of Solo Acoustic Guitar. Live in Philadelphia in 2001

Have you checked out The Bucket List? Heard it on YouTube, nice! Edited by pjbear05

Phil Keaggy - An Evening Of Solo Acoustic Guitar. Live in Philadelphia in 2001

Have you checked out The Bucket List? Heard it on YouTube, nice!

Yes, good CD. Sunday morning music when not in the mood for vocals...

Yellow Matter Custard - Live in New York City

Mike Portnoy, Paul Gilbert, Neal Morse and Matt Bissonette playing some deep cut Beatles tracks. I hadn't watched this since it was released about fifteen years ago and purposely didn't look at the setlist - was blown away!

Heart: Fanatic Live from Caesars Colosseum, in Windsor, Ontario (July 28, 2012), which was released in 2014.

This concert features Ben Mink on violin as he produced the band's 2012 studio album Fanatic, and 2010's Red Velvet Car.

It's been uploaded in full below to view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQIUz6EI9bE

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1