Neil tribute special in Modern Drummer

bscsmkr

Did anyone get the Modern Drummer Legends book on Neil? It is a lot of fun to read his early interviews and the tributes. Worth the money.

Yes, I did! It is a nice collection and really cool to go through and reminisce and also, still very sad. I had actually already received all of his cover issues as a subscriber; I've subscribed continuously since ~1983. I got his first cover (1980) as a back issue. I still have all of my original issues - most of them in storage now. Someday I'll have a drum room at home again! One thing that was missing from the tribute was all of the "ask a pro" columns that Neil responded to. Some great questions and responses. Back in the day he would actually respond individually to questions forwarded from MD - I have two such postcards from Neil (1989 and 1993). Anyway, a very nice tribute - and I felt very emotional reading all of his interviews - his efforts, his struggles, his hopes... it can be crushingly sad.

• Like 3

He really gets into why he feels uncomfortable being approached in public, in his second cover story from 1984. Very interesting reading his thoughts way back then, knowing how his life progressed.

Did anyone get the Modern Drummer Legends book on Neil? It is a lot of fun to read his early interviews and the tributes. Worth the money.

Hahaha! Syrinx!

You know me!

I have all of Neil's MD

I have three of the Legends copies and three of the big poster!!!!

Insane?

Nah...

I WILL LOVE NEIL PEART FOREVER!!!! DUH!

Hahaha! Syrinx!

You know me!

I have all of Neil's MD

I have three of the Legends copies and three of the big poster!!!!

Insane?

Nah...

I WILL LOVE NEIL PEART FOREVER!!!! DUH!

Of course you do earl! Was there ever any doubt? LOL. When is the last time you read those early interviews? They are really cool to read now with all of the hindsight of how his life and career turned out.