Neil tribute special in Modern Drummer

bscsmkr

My dad came home with 5 copies today! Going to give some to my uncles and hold onto 2 in our household.

If anyone picks it up be sure to keep it in good condition. Neil Peart Modern Drummer's are collectibles, especially this one.

• Like 1

This looks great and I mean no disrespect to the authors, but I sometimes amuse myself by noticing discrepancies or largely irrelevant things that don't add up or probably aren't true. Like this excerpt:

"An avid motorcyclist, Peart was known to ride his bike alongside the Rush tour bus from venue to venue..."

I doubt very much that Neil was anywhere near the tour bus when he was on his bike. ;)

I'm not a drummer (yet), but I will buy this edition. :Neil:

• Like 1

This looks great and I mean no disrespect to the authors, but I sometimes amuse myself by noticing discrepancies or largely irrelevant things that don't add up or probably aren't true. Like this excerpt:

"An avid motorcyclist, Peart was known to ride his bike alongside the Rush tour bus from venue to venue..."

I doubt very much that Neil was anywhere near the tour bus when he was on his bike. ;)

I'm not a drummer (yet), but I will buy this edition. :Neil:

Yep, I chuckled at that.

I've subscribed to MD continuously since 1982. Before that, I used to read it in the waiting room at my drum teacher's house - Neil was always all over the mag back in the day; features, "ask a pro" (which eventually I wrote to - and actually received 2 postcard responses from Neil directly!), style and analysis, and the ads (I sent away for every Zildjian/Ludwig/etc. poster). The magazine and Neil were absolutely formative in my passion in drumming (which persists to this day!) I myself got a little thrill being in the magazine's "on the move" column in 2000 and, of course, noted Neil as my prime mover.

I will admit tearing up several times with this issue. Especially moving were the 15 pages of memorials from pro drummers, sponsors, etc. RIP NEP.

Edited by cygnify
  • Like 2

I went out and voted, then I went to the grocery store, where my reward for voting was waiting for me!!

gRJuZNO.jpg

• Like 1

I've subscribed to MD continuously since 1982. Before that, I used to read it in the waiting room at my drum teacher's house - Neil was always all over the mag back in the day; features, "ask a pro" (which eventually I wrote to - and actually received 2 postcard responses from Neil directly!), style and analysis, and the ads (I sent away for every Zildjian/Ludwig/etc. poster). The magazine and Neil were absolutely formative in my passion in drumming (which persists to this day!) I myself got a little thrill being in the magazine's "on the move" column in 2000 and, of course, noted Neil as my prime mover.

I will admit tearing up several times with this issue. Especially moving were the 15 pages of memorials from pro drummers, sponsors, etc. RIP NEP.

Sounds like we were separated at birth.
  • Like 1

Sounds like we were separated at birth.

I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of us!

• Like 1

Anyone have an extra copy they can send me? Or point me to a nationwide grocery store that is open and has this stocked? I'm in CA, so not many places to choose from.

You are killing me Jon.

I'm in California and I can't find a copy.

I'm a completist whore.

I have every Neil drumming magazine made.

I can't find this one.

I even ordered a year subscription again for Modern Drummer. They said that I would get the Neil issue.

NOTHING!!

Anyone have an extra copy they can send me? Or point me to a nationwide grocery store that is open and has this stocked? I'm in CA, so not many places to choose from.

You are killing me Jon.

I'm a completist whore.

I can't find this one.

I even ordered a year subscription again for Modern Drummer. They said that I would get the Neil issue.

NOTHING!!

Same here. I've been all over Ventura County looking and calling. If you find one, let me know. I'll do the same. There has to be some out there, as there hasn't been anywhere to get magazines like this for the moist part. Barnes and Nobles hasn't received any magazine deliveries in 3 months, so I was told.

• Like 1

You are killing me Jon.

I'm a completist whore.

I can't find this one.

NOTHING!!

Same here. I've been all over Ventura County looking and calling. If you find one, let me know. I'll do the same. There has to be some out there, as there hasn't been anywhere to get magazines like this for the moist part. Barnes and Nobles hasn't received any magazine deliveries in 3 months, so I was told.

Exactly my friend!!! You know it! Barnes And Noble is the best way to ensnare every drumming mag and PROG ROCK mag ever!!!!!

I will keep my eyes peeled online.

California is slowly entering stage 2. I hope stage 3 will be Barnes And Noble, barber shops, restaurants and bars with capacity cut in half and masks in place!!

I know there are no concerts or sporting events with fans until a vaccine is made.

Crazy!!! Hang in there bud!

• Like 1

I'm sure there's a pile of these magazines alongside

'.

Sadly, there isn't any physical copies to purchase as they're out of stock here.

Edited by RushFanForever

Can't find any! This store closure came at a horrible time to get anything like that. Every place I've checked online where I could get it doesn't have it. Ebay doesn't even have any for a ridiculous price.