Can ANYONE tell me WTF is going on in my dream life?

Mara

I'm a vivid dreamer (also an active sleeper - have more than once woken boyfriend up by kicking the shit out of him in my sleep - but that's another thread for another day). I can remember many of my dreams as well, and damned if I can figure out how they relate to my real life. If they do....frequently I hope not, because the ones in which I let my ex-husband move back in and he promptly re-hoards the house full of shit....those dreams piss me off and waking up pissed off isn't a great way to start the day.

Last night I dreamed SO and I got married. OK, fair enough, we've discussed it a time or two but neither of us feels a pressing need to tie the knot. The super weird part had to do with my dad and his "wedding surprise": we left the church and discovered that Dad had organized this massive parade for us. Like Macy's parade massive except I don't remember there being balloons. It was kind of a cross between the Doo Dah Parade and Pride (there was a biker bunch and they were all dressed as the Village People). Dad was particularly proud of the Grand Marshal he'd gotten to lead this marital celebration parade: a guy named Paul, who was riding his Magic Tractor. Paul and His Magic Tractor were apparently a Very Big Deal in my alternate reality of sleep.

I do not drink. The only drugs I take are the antidepressants I have been on for the past four years. The last thing I watched before falling asleep was Investigation Discovery and there were no shows with parades, dudes named Paul, or tractors. This is a normal night's sleep for me. I'm not worried about it, particularly, but thought I'd toss it out there in case anyone has the remotest idea of where some of this shit comes from. I took Dream Studies in college, but it was final semester of senior year, just a fun class, and it's been awhile.

• Like 1

I'm a vivid dreamer (also an active sleeper - have more than once woken boyfriend up by kicking the shit out of him in my sleep - but that's another thread for another day). I can remember many of my dreams as well, and damned if I can figure out how they relate to my real life. If they do....frequently I hope not, because the ones in which I let my ex-husband move back in and he promptly re-hoards the house full of shit....those dreams piss me off and waking up pissed off isn't a great way to start the day.

Last night I dreamed SO and I got married. OK, fair enough, we've discussed it a time or two but neither of us feels a pressing need to tie the knot. The super weird part had to do with my dad and his "wedding surprise": we left the church and discovered that Dad had organized this massive parade for us. Like Macy's parade massive except I don't remember there being balloons. It was kind of a cross between the Doo Dah Parade and Pride (there was a biker bunch and they were all dressed as the Village People). Dad was particularly proud of the Grand Marshal he'd gotten to lead this marital celebration parade: a guy named Paul, who was riding his Magic Tractor. Paul and His Magic Tractor were apparently a Very Big Deal in my alternate reality of sleep.

I do not drink. The only drugs I take are the antidepressants I have been on for the past four years. The last thing I watched before falling asleep was Investigation Discovery and there were no shows with parades, dudes named Paul, or tractors. This is a normal night's sleep for me. I'm not worried about it, particularly, but thought I'd toss it out there in case anyone has the remotest idea of where some of this shit comes from. I took Dream Studies in college, but it was final semester of senior year, just a fun class, and it's been awhile.

But do you dream of RUSH?

I lucid dream every night. Free entertainment.

Hope you are ok.

There are seven levels of lucid dreamers. I'm and at level 6.

I suppose Freddie Kruger is a level 7. lol

• Like 2

Do antidepressants influence dreaming, making them more vivid, more weird? It's the only thing that pops out, other then maybe just having a vivid imagination.

They totally can. Many times the weirdness would be based on something real in the person's life and not something fantastical like vampires or werewolves. So, in a way, they often can be scarier because of the seeming reality of the dream.

Do antidepressants influence dreaming, making them more vivid, more weird? It's the only thing that pops out, other then maybe just having a vivid imagination.

Does drinking beer count 73?

I've been lucid dreaming though since I was 5 or 6 years old. I still remember my dreams from then too. Weird.

I think diet also can trigger more intense vivid dreams.

I know that when I eat sushi or oysters, man my dreams are off the charts. But then I am probably a bad example of this.

I don't take any pills or anything.

My dreaming patterns are wild every night regardless.

Good luck Mara!!

• Like 1

They totally can. Many times the weirdness would be based on something real in the person's life and not something fantastical like vampires or werewolves. So, in a way, they often can be scarier because of the seeming reality of the dream.

Right JB. It makes sense since you work in the Mental Health Industry.

I think I'm just weird. lol

I just drink beer.

• Like 2

I just drink beer.

I used to work in mental health anyway. It's been nearly a couple of decades since.

Your lucid dreams are not really dreams. You're actually constantly awake and never sleep. It's just a never ending display of live weirdness. No drugs necessary! :LOL:

• Like 2

I just drink beer.

I used to work in mental health anyway. It's been nearly a couple of decades since.

Your lucid dreams are not really dreams. You're actually constantly awake and never sleep. It's just a never ending display of live weirdness. No drugs necessary! :LOL:

Hahahahaha! Right JB! Sorry! It thought you were still in that industry. Glad you got out. Scary stuff you had to deal with.

You might have a point JB! My brain never sleeps or shuts off in sleep. I could write a million screenplays with the "Images And Words" that flash inside my Dream Theater. LOL!

I am serious JB. Sometimes I can be "Awake" in my dreams. Sorry another Dream Theater pun.

Sometimes I can control my dreams.

I can taste in my dreams sometimes.

I have had dreams in my life that have come true in the future.

Perhaps Freddie Kruger would be afraid of me. lol

Signed,

"DREAM WARRIORS"

That's for DOKKEN JB!

Having a spirited conversation in MOS about "Lightning Strikes."

Lightning strikes my brain every night. :)

• Like 2

Personally, I think dreams are just something that happens. I know there are a lot of theories and ideas about what dreams mean, if anything, but I'm not one of them.

I dream of the ocean and ocean waves coming at me almost nightly but the ocean is my safe zone. My spirit guide. A place a race to be in full sanctuary.

• Like 1

I had a dream involving Oprah Winfrey last night and I think there was physical contact. :wacko:

Hahahahaha!!!

At least it wasn't Hilary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, or Diane Fineswine.

Hope you were wearing a full body condom like in the Zucker Brothers film "Naked Gun."

Hope your "Love Gun" was protected Pat.

Love,

KISS

• Like 2

I had a dream involving Oprah Winfrey last night and I think there was physical contact. :wacko:

Hahahahaha!!!

Hope you were wearing a full body condom like in the Zucker Brothers film "Naked Gun."

Love,

KISS

I could have caught Oprah-19 disease.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha!!!

Love,

KISS

I could have caught Oprah-19 disease.

I was in the same building when Oprah inducted Quincy Jones during the Induction Ceremony for RUSH.

I caught that disease back in 2013! lol

• Like 1

The best thing about Oprah I can say is that Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley had a great appearance on her show about 30 years ago. Other than that, she’s totally useless to me.

• Like 1

I rarely dream but when I do, I'm usually sleeping on my left side which is the side that controls logic. But my dreams aren't logical at all. Weird, oh well :wtf:

I think strange dreams are a way of your brain opening up its file cabinet and letting out some repressed feelings all mashed up together!

#brainfart! :sundog:

Last night I dreamt that my doctor told me I was having a baby on sept 10.in a certain location in NY. Didn't know I was pregnant. I wanted to tell my hub but people kept pulling me away to tell me other things - I just started to cry because i was happy and sad at the same time.

braingassy!

• Like 1

I think strange dreams are a way of your brain opening up its file cabinet and letting out some repressed feelings all mashed up together!

#brainfart! :sundog:

Last night I dreamt that my doctor told me I was having a baby on sept 10.in a certain location in NY. Didn't know I was pregnant. I wanted to tell my hub but people kept pulling me away to tell me other things - I just started to cry because i was happy and sad at the same time.

braingassy!

Then WTH is in my file cabinet???

I used to have pregnancy dreams. Nightmares, more like, because I never in a million years wanted kids and I can think of few things more horrifying that might happen to me! The ones I can think of involve loss of limb, paralysis, or prolonged torture (which is what pregnancy and a baby would have been for me). I would wake up clawing at my stomach as if I was trying to rip out the fetus.

For a long time after I quit cigarettes I would have smoking dreams.

Edited by Mara

it could be side effects or it may be the stress brought by this pandemic.

Not much changed for me with the pandemic; I'd been working from home for about a year and a half already. Plus my weird dreams have been a feature of my nighttime life for far longer - think decades.

Last night I didn't sleep particularly well (knowing I had to get up early to make it to the gym for one of the coveted 9 spots available when they opened the doors). I don't recall any dreams.

As soon as I saw Jerry Seinfeld's stupid face I closed the window! I'm one of the 7 Americans who hated that show; all of the characters should be punted into the sun. Bunch of whiny spoiled asshats.

• Like 1

it could be side effects or it may be the stress brought by this pandemic.

Not much changed for me with the pandemic; I'd been working from home for about a year and a half already. Plus my weird dreams have been a feature of my nighttime life for far longer - think decades.

Last night I didn't sleep particularly well (knowing I had to get up early to make it to the gym for one of the coveted 9 spots available when they opened the doors). I don't recall any dreams.

well imo all dreams are weird to varying degree.

my concern now is for my parents and in laws as they old and or compromised. you mentioned your Dad?

might be time to break some Freud and see what he said.

or listen to nocturne for neils take

• Like 1